Images not Working in Latest Choicescript

You’re describing two different problems. You say that you can’t get the editor to work “or anything else.”

1. The editor hasn’t been updated in years; I didn’t know people still used it! CSIDE and Chronicler are much more popular at this point. If you really want to use the editor, you can jump through some hoops to get it to work using the new node serve command I built last night. If you run node serve and then replace web/mygame/index.html in your browser with editor.html, it will work in the very latest ChoiceScript from a few minutes ago.

(I notice that your screenshot shows that you’re using version 1cfa72f which is from July 17. You’ll want the very latest version.)

2. As for “anything else,” in the version you have, the game itself should open and display images if you open index.html, QuickTest should work if you open quicktest.html, RandomTest should work if you open randomtest.html, and game compiling should work if you open compile.html. If you’re having trouble with anything except the editor, I’d need more detail about the problem.

2 Likes