I'm Sorry, But I Think We Should See Other People - ROs You Hate

Being fluent doesn’t necessarily make you unable to accidentally pick a wrong word though… I’d assume the result would sound worse if you accidentally insult them when you’re otherwise fluent. Ish.

…I don’t follow, why shouldn’t cultures use names the way they’re used in the culture in question?

6 Likes

I just generally find it a little weird when people are always using specific gendered pronouns, when talking about gender-flippable characters. Unless they are speaking specifically of something to do with only that version of them.
It’s especially weird (for me) when most people use ‘she/her’ about characters I’ve personally only ever experienced as male.

21 Likes

Some of them probably feel the same way when they see “he/him”.

Ah my bad I understand now, I just remembered someone saying that male is the default for gender changeable characters once and thought that’s what you meant.

9 Likes

Yes, which is exactly my point.
That’s why I try to always use they/them, since that is genrally considered the most neutral/all-encompassing pronouns.

I was just using my own experiences as an example of what I meant, not saying that people should use he/him instead, since that would be the same thing.

28 Likes

Everyone in Love at Elation annoyed me.

10 Likes

24 posts were merged into an existing topic: Video Games

Makes sense, since they’re pretty much just the same person with a different coat of paint on.

3 Likes

I’ve shuffled the Black Isle/BioWare romance discussion to Video Games just for tidiness’ sake :sparkles:

6 Likes

I just replayed The Shadow Society, and was reminded that my RO tries to eat me. It didn’t make me hate her (it’s a condition she has) but it’s certainly an inconvenient development.

10 Likes

“My, what large teeth you have, Quarie”.

11 Likes

I see this as an absolute win.

16 Likes

When the waifu is into vore and forgot to tell you

7 Likes

Maybe that’s what she was trying to show me with the shadow box, and I just didn’t get it which is why she got upset. :wink:

4 Likes

Viconia approves of your ruthless culling.

5 Likes

There is an otome game where the RO eat a piece of MC’s arm. But he wasn’t in control of himself, so it didn’t make me hate him too.

The best part of this is that we have a CG for this scene. And in the game credits, the devs put this scene next to a “bon appetit”. There is no way this wasn’t on purpose

8 Likes

Haha, yeah. There is a zero point zero chance that wasn’t intentional. Reminds me of the amusing end credits moment in the first Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes film where the “Costumes and wardrobe by” credit is accompanied by a shot from the movie of Holmes tied up naked in bed.

7 Likes

Yeah, Love at Elevation is… rough, as far as romance goes.

I can’t recall any names, but I distinctly remember one of the ROs being a fitness coach (or yoga instructor, one of the two), and in spite of me expressing flat disinterest multiple times, the story still shoved the two of us together into a relationship, and I had to actually work harder to break up with her than I did to hook up in the first place. And when I finally did break it off, the story started relentlessly beating me over the head about it. It apparently happens with any of the ROs and it wasn’t just the fitness coach, I later learned.

5 Likes

Yep really annoying, when I played I was 100% faithful to the first person I paired with. Ignoring the advances of the second LI, but still you’re made to feel guilty, and you main LI creates some random problem out of no where, even if everything is going fine.

3 Likes

Granted, I haven’t read it since before it was published, so it could have been changed.
But as I remember it, all romance scenes are literally the same, and just substitutes the name of the chosen RO.
It was one of my biggest criticisms of that game.

10 Likes

Let’s see if we can find the most beloathed RO in this thread:

2 Likes