If you could write an IF from any IP what would it be?

As the title says. If you could write and publish an interactive fiction story from any IP you wanted, what would you pick??

For me the top three would be MHA, Star Wars, and Assassin’s Creed.

I had a really vivid dream after I binged some MHA once and created a character and entire story line based around her. Most of my ideas come from these really vivid dreams I occasionally have. They basically border being lucid. Like, I know I am dreaming, but I don’t have any control, so I just enjoy it.

Star Wars because, well who doesn’t want to play an IF about a force sensitive person stuck between being pulled to the light or dark side.

Assassin’s creed came to mind after I picked up Valhalla this weekend and got so very, very distracted.

But ya, what would you pick???

8 Likes

I’m with you on Assassin’s Creed (and I’m sorry, I’d need Ezio in it, because Ezio!).

I’d also go for Mass Effect–I’d pretty much rewrite the entirety of ME3 as an IF and get rid of the weird ghost-god child crap. I actually started writing a DLC for ME3 that gave the opportunity to save Thane and have him more involved in the end, but can’t do the video, soo…

I’d also like to write an IF set in Wheel of Time, for a multitude of reasons. Oh, and Fallout: New Vegas… another one I started writing DLC but then realized I can’t do video so it’s pointless…

10 Likes

“IP”…? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Intellectual Property. It’s essentially another way of saying copyright, but with a slightly different meaning, and focus.

2 Likes

Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Elder Scrolls, and My Little Pony (yes, really) :blush:

5 Likes

Shadowrun, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, A Song of Ice and Fire.

9 Likes

Mmm…

An original DC universe (mainly but not only for the Bat-Clan) where you are a superhero in training

Mass Effect for the sci-fi, (you can play not-human of curse)

A Diablo character class cyoa. Or better a Sacred character class cyoa: I found fascinating choose a character class and write the others as their own character. PS For thoose who don’t know Sacred was a German clone of Diablo, and I must say I enjoyed more Sacred 1 than Diablo II.

6 Likes

Ohh, I see :sweat_smile:

Hm, I think it would be Doctor Who. I once had idea for IF where MC is young Time Lord who was torn from safe, isolated from the rest of the universe, Gallifrey and now they are traveling ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ through time and space xd

6 Likes

My first choice is, Shin Megami Tensei. That game has alignment system, choices players could pick that affect their alignment. Mythologies, demons and Gods stuff, sets in post-apocalyptic tokyo. I think it would be perfect for an IF.

The second one is probably League of Legends. The game has in-depth lores in it. You could practically write them all out, and it will never be the same.

4 Likes

Stars Wars,Star Wars and Star Wars! Just imagine an IF based on that universe where YOU get to choose what happens! EPIC!

7 Likes

Ezio is alright, but my thought was a new time period, so noooo Ezio lol.

I would love to play this!!!

Could I team up with The Doctor on occasion and get into shenanigans?

Agreeeeed!!!

3 Likes

Noo :sweat_smile: The Doctor was supposed to be character from history books. Some MCs may have been a bit obsessed with The Doctor and dreamed of meeting them

1 Like

Fallout - I mean this is a no brainer, So many different settings and options to go with… Maybe too many.

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six - MC is a rookie on the team, Go on missions, skill up in the downtime Perfection

Blitz: The League - Not that there’s many Sports IF games but Blitz is one of my personal favourite “Rookie to Champion” games so I feel it would work really well given the right writer. Actually the IP might even be open considering Midway folded years ago now.

Honestly, if I had to narrow it down to one, it would be of a game called Othercide. After collecting literally every single piece of lore and reading through all of them, it just sounded so unbelievably cool. Possibly focus on the past lives of The Mother.

1 Like
  • The Wizarding World (of Harry Potter).
  • Bloodborne.
  • The Witcher.
  • The Lord of the Rings.
  • Star Wars.
  • DC Comics.
  • StarCraft.
  • The Curse of Strahd.
4 Likes

Ooh, good idea. And I’d throw money at the ability to play a game with Iorveth as one of the main NPCs.

1 Like

I’d like to play as a witcher at their peak, when they were actually admired, fighting hordes of extradimensional monsters.

2 Likes

Definitely this one and I would kill off Yennefer because I want Geralt all for myself :yum:

2 Likes

I’d go with a series of fantasy novels called Shadows of the Apt, by Adrian Tchaikovsky. The premise is that long ago, the world was overrun with giant deadly insects/invertebrates, and in order to survive humans had to make a sort of pact with them - different tribes of people took on the qualities of different insects, becoming ‘kinden’.

So there’s Dragonfly-kinden who can manifest iridescent wings, and have an East Asian-type feudal society, Mantis-kinden are fanatical killers but like, in a hot way, and live in forests worshipping blood idols, Ant-kinden are telepathically linked, and live in fortress cities, Moth-kinden can see in the dark, and are usually sorcerers and mystics, Wasp-kinden can fire burning stings from their hands and are generally bastards. I think it’d be fun to let people choose from a variety of kinden at the start, with their unique ability sets and backgrounds, and have that flavour the rest of the game.

A game based on Xiran Jay Zhao’s Iron Widow would be awesome too. I mean, it’s piloting giant qi-powered mecha creatures in an alternate universe version of China which has been fighting an alien invasion for centuries, what’s not to love? It would be tricky to implement though, given how differently male and female characters are treated in that society, and you couldn’t really wipe that issue out without disregarding one of the novel’s major themes. Still, Iron Widow is awesome and everyone should read it.

3 Likes

Detroit: Become Human, because it has some choices and I have a sense that it can delve into ethics-related themes from a few videos I watched about it.

4 Likes