How did everyone find CoG?

I think when searching for games like Magium

A few years back (around 2014 I believe), I looked for choose your own adventure games on the google play store and I happened to stumble upon Zombie Exodus, but at the time I had no clue what COG or Hosted Games was and that they had a lot more titles, so I didnā€™t really go any further than playing the free chapters of ZE. Around 2017/2018 my interest in CYOAs had been sparked yet again and this time around I found out what COG/Hosted Games was and I have been reading/playing their games ever since.

First ever CoG I read was Strange Creatures Such As We when I was, Iā€™m not sure, 17 or 18? I found it on my recommendations in Google Play and downloaded it out of curiosity. :grin:

About five years ago I was told about a CoG game by a friend. It was Choice of Robots. I bought it and I thought it was stellar. Though that friend didnā€™t read many beyond that, I was instantly hooked. It was the exact niche experience I didnā€™t know I needed, and now after all this time, I am here.

1 Like

TotalBiscuit talked about it on his podcast.

1 Like

A friend told me about Creatures Such as We and I was hooked, I think my second game was The Heroes Rise Trilogy because The Hero Project Redemption Season had just come out. Honestly not sure how I survived without these books for so many years.

I have always loved cyoa books since I was a child.I guess that I enjoy the possibility to make decisions and taking an active part in the narrative. One day I was looking for a villains game and I stumbled upon Grand Academy for villains.I liked It so I decided to try more of the cogā€™s catalogue.Well, I fell in love with the engine and the quality writing but I think that the efforts of the company to make inclusive games are what I love the most about COG. :orange_heart:

1 Like

I saw A Midsummer Night Choice in my Play Store recommendation lol

3-4 years ago creatures such as we showed up in my app store recommendations and iā€™ve been hooked ever since.

I think my first one was Zombie Exodus and then I just followed the recommendations on Google Play.

I was looking for dragon games where you are the dragon, and found Chioce of the dragon. The rest as, they say is history.

1 Like

LMAO I still remember how I first found out CoG like itā€™s just yesterday :joy: I was looking for some role-play game in play store and found choice game (not this one, the one with full-color graphics and cringe-worthy plot+choice). I played some of them and almost threw my phone at a wall out of frustration. I wanted to play something else to cleanse my soul so I looked for something similar in the play store. That was how I came across Creature Such As We in You Might Like section, and I was hooked immediately into CoG :heart:

1 Like

I was searching for choice-based games and stumbled upon CoG.

Google play

I was reading Rock Paper Shotgunā€™s article on Choice of Dragon and thought this sounded brilliant, so I went to try it out and had boatloads of fun with it. I loved the whole idea and the system and wished thereā€™d be more games in its veinā€¦when Vampires came out I was really excited! But I didnā€™t buy into it because I didnā€™t like the Chrome thingā€¦

Fast forward some years later and I stumbled upon Choice of Robots on Steam, and I was delighted to realize that not only is COG still around, it has grown and there are now boatloads of games just like Dragons, but way way way way better. And now here I am, lol.

By total random chance actually, I was looking for something new on the playstore and saw choices for the Dragon and thought ā€œHey Iā€™ve always been a fan myth and fantasy so why not?ā€
And here I am a little over a year later still enjoying their games

2 Likes

I was searching for a story focused game ( they are pretty rare and hard to find for me) in the google play and i stumbled upon great tournament and lost heir and now i ask myself, how didnā€™t i found choice of games and hosted games more sooner? They are a great and should have a lot more recognition than they already have, i think that many people outhere would find this type of game very interesting if they tried but google play decides only to recommend boring games that everyone is tired of and has already played a hundred timesā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe 2014, 15 I was browsing the appstore and found Affairs of the Court/Choice of Romance. I remember being so frustrated because you couldnā€™t resist a characterā€™s magical control or whatever lol, which led me to the forums but I didnā€™t join until recently

1 Like

During hs I was into choice games already like fable or bioware games and was curious and searched for some on my iPod. Found choice of romance.

1 Like

Heroes Rise brought me here. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: