Honey and Fire (TEMPORARY HIATUS - New RO added)

crawled out of the void i was lurking in to say that i love this wip!!! probably one of my new favorites tbh! i definitely look forward to reading more, the demo so far has me intrigued :eyes:

2 Likes

Does it enter the infinity load abyss for anyone else?
“Day tilts his hat down to shield his eyes
now, to wait”
then i click next chapter and it’s stuck loading. Probably just me with my luck x.x

@nulCat That’s the end of the demo and I have gotten another comment that ‘play again’ doesn’t work either, but I’m not having those problems when I take a look so I’m still unsure how to fix it. Rip I’ll just try to get the first part of chapter 1 out faster and see if I can find a fix then.

2 Likes

Try temporarily replacing the *finish command with an *ending command. You’ll need to swap back to *finish once chapter 1 is ready, but it should keep the game from getting stuck at loading for now.

2 Likes

@Minnow THANK YOU. I don’t have my laptop rn so i will try that in like half an hour.

EDIT: I said like half an hour but then my laptop wanted to take just as long to update. Anyway, it should work now. Pray for me in this 80 degree weather that I may actually get shit done today

1 Like

Hey, uh, I can’t check the stats. The variable ‘confidence’ doesn’t exist?

@Isabella_Taylor Ah! I changed up the stats and forgot to update that, thanks for reminding me. Should work now.

2 Likes

yeah stats work…

but…

hum…

Summary

why do we start with 97% Obediant ? whatever that is for :stuck_out_tongue:

Also…are you gonna leave the relationship like that ? some choiceofgames , actually show them when you meet the person , you know…like…humm…Choice of Magic is a good exemple . If you look at the stat screen it say 'Uniditenfied Romance or relationship . So it get you curious and try to unlock it…

and same as above…shouldn’t be 0% ? instead of 20% ?

It starts at 100. The fake_choice in the demo actually does something now. (and there’s a reason for that, but it doesn’t do much right now. Both the stats Numb and Obedient are more for story purposes)

As for the relationship stats; I’m aware that would probably be a better way of doing it, only revealing the names later. I’m also aware of how to do it, but I’m not super worried about doing that right now. I’m just trying to get it out there and work on the story instead of keep tinkering with stats all the time. I have plenty of room to f*ck up and fix it later. (Cause lbr, I’m probably going to do a total overhaul of the stats before this is all said and done lmao)

Also about the 20%; you’ll notice two are at 0. That’s because they’ve never met you, they don’t have any opinions yet. The one’s at 20% are your (soon to be) teammates and they all at least have knowledge of who you are if they don’t already know you :eyes:, so they have the desire to get along right now. (and having a starting number means you can go down from here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) Day’s only at 10% because he’s just like that.

4 Likes

Ah…

was just curious :wink: I know usually a demo is just that a demo and things change in the final format .

but thanx for indulging meh :smiley:

The demo’s got me hyped for more! What does the numb do btw? Obedience is pretty self explanatory.

@piscean I’m glad! :grin: The short of it is, it’s sort of a measure for your mental health and just how Bad it’s getting. (And with the help of *if statements, how much of a heartattack you’re gonna give anyone you romance later lol) Don’t stress too hard about it tho cause from the start the MC’s mental health isn’t good, so sometimes it can’t be helped if it raises (just like, right now, obedient is gonna keep going down). But purposely doing unhealthy things will make it worse.

2 Likes

I am super excited about this WIP and can’t wait to see more, but I have one very important question: will we be able to pet/befriend/play with Day’s dogs? :dog::smiley:

3 Likes

@cipher_M Yep! In fact, one of the first choices of chapter 1 is petting a dog :wink:

4 Likes

wut about cats ? :kissing_cat:

@E_RedMark No cats in the game. :weary: You get snakes and dogs lol. maybe I’ll add a throwaway scene with the option to pet a cat just for the sake of it. Achievement: you pet a cat.

4 Likes

aw you don’t have to , especially if you give me a snake lol I take that over the dog :smiley:

3 Likes

i, however, would love to be able to pet a cat! even if it does just show up once! :grin:
also, quick question (if this needs to be blurred just lmk!) does the mc have any special characteristics or do they just look like a plain human? for example, do we have some scales here and there, maybe a tail or even wings? perhaps some claws?

4 Likes

all those things would make the mc stand out :stuck_out_tongue:

Summary

but…I wouldn’t say no…to dragon eyes colors…

y’know…

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/836/050/large/christos-karapanos-dragon-s-eye.jpg?1453479107

on a human…it would look so cool :stuck_out_tongue:

Like this :

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jTkoR4MfG28/maxresdefault.jpg

or this :
https://img00.deviantart.net/6075/i/2013/044/f/7/eye_of_a_guardian_by_draone-d5usmqh.jpg

think silver dragon or frost dragon :smiley:

2 Likes

@komorebi Nah, you’re good. I think at this point, it’s clear MC’s not human lolll. You look like a normal human right now. :wink: At the moment, @E_RedMark is right that it’d make you stand out too much, at least with a tail or wings. I’m not sure about dragon-like eyes or claws by default (tho I kind of like the idea of making the pupil like that and claws are useful, I’ll have to think about it), but I’m sure I’ll at least add unnatural colors as options for eye (and hair) color. So you won’t have to look plain, exactly lol.

7 Likes