High School Revenge (WIP) (Chapter 3 OUT NOW, Mar 24, 2024)

Yep, in chapter 4 you’ll have the chance to train up your skills and attempt to join the other clubs as well. I’ve already written those paths just to make everything easier. I’ll likely just add some dialogue related to what happens later in the story to fit better if you decide to join them in December or something. I’m still not sure when I’ll set the cut off point where you can’t join any of the clubs yet though.

Thanks for the catch with the Burt choice there. Fixed it now, and I’ll likely add it to the demo next week with other improvements. The identity thing is intentional. You had a choice beforehand if you wanted to delete the messages to remain annonymous or not, hence the confront2_burt_phone. The ones where you don’t keep your identity secret are confront1_burt_phone/confront3_burt_phone

Script if you're curious haha
        Now, if you would like to remain anonymous, you'd have to delete the screenshot and message you sent yourself before leaving the phone back on the table but do you might not have the necessary time. Do you try it?
        *choice
          #Yes.
            *set Burt_risk3 + 1
            *if (Burt_risk3 = 4)
              *goto confront3_burt_phone
            You easily delete any evidence of your involvement and leave the phone on the table. Mission accomplished.

*goto confront2_burt_phone
          #No.
            *goto confront1_burt_phone
3 Likes

Weekly Update

Hello everyone! Adrian here, back with another update. As every week until now, we got another 4k words added to chapter 4, getting up to 16k. Most likely next week we’ll surpass chapter 2’s length. This titan is really going to take a while, as I still haven’t finished the homecoming party. I have, however, finished writing our MC’s first ever beer pong game. Trying to come up with something interesting to show you, I’ve decided I will now post some sneakpeaks on Tumblr and Discord every week, just for you to see some of the cool things happening in this chapter.

This might be one of the first weeks where I haven’t really touched the first three chapters, since I’ve only just fixed a bug in Burt’s recruitment.

I’ve also made some progress on the second random event, one where some random guy will ask Cecily to the homecoming dance on top of a white horse. It should be funny. The event is currently around 800 words, and the first one was around 4k, so I’ve still got some ways to go.

The biggest news for this week’s update is that I think I’ve decided to make Vivian and Connor playersexual as well. I’ve realized that the choice to make them stuck for specific sexualities was kinda dumb, since it didn’t really add anything to the story. So, they will both just be very hard ROs for people of the gender they don’t think they like. For the beer pong game I’ve just written they have both been in the spotlight, so I hope people will finally notice the two of them for the upcoming chapter.

12 Likes

When im pressing the demo link this pops up

3 Likes

Fixed!

4 Likes

Noo… You should never approach them and just ask why they did it… They will find out who you are and they will fuck you up again… Then you will just commit suicide out of embarrassment… Letting them destroy your life second time is :skull:

11 Likes

This is a lot of fun. I like how unhinged your protag can be about their revenge. Mine is quickly becoming the new popular girl of high school with her wealthy fashionista personality, flirtations with all the male targets, and being disarmingly sweet as she sadistically plots the downfall of her prey.

I said MC should approach their dad and press him into doing his goddamn job, which is quite a different thing.

But that aside, yes, approaching their ex-friends (not the bullies) directly, outside of school and without the whole cloak-and-dagger nonsense, and asking them to explain themselves would be most sensible course of actions, if it’s the answers MC seeks. At least for me; i’m not really interested in the bullies’ motives, but hearing the ex-friends side of the story would be good for closure.

2 Likes

Weekly Update

Hello, Nigel Profite voters! Profitists? I’m here after a pretty big week of writing. Unfortunately, this week has been a crazy combination of good and bad news for me, luckily allowing me to concentrate a lot on High School Revenge.

Let’s start off with the important bit. I’ve written 12k words this week. Yes, you’ve heard that right. I’ve completely finished the homecoming party event, which was huge, bizarre, and full of choices. Though my writing pace has been amazing, it only happened because some bad stuff happened irl. I just lost my job, so I had a lot of time between applying for jobs and staring at the ceiling to work on this. What I’m trying to say is that you shouldn’t expect this speed under normal circumstances, since I think the 4k a week from before was more realistic. So, please don’t pray for my continued unemployment just so I could finish the book faster haha.

An interesting thing I’ve worked on this week is setting up special separate screens in the Stats menu for all of the targets, where I give a brief physical description and remind you of their role in the Tragedy. I think this will help if you ever wonder what someone like Vivian or Connor did back then. Since I’ve also made Burt spy on them all, you’ll also gain access to some special info, where you see some of their presumed traits, likes, dislikes, and related skills (i.e music or baseball). I will also add here in the future the clues you get that will help in your upcoming revenge.

As I’ve already said, I’ve also finished the homecoming party event that happens in the first week of school. It’s around 20k words, which is just slightly longer than the whole 2nd chapter. I think I’ve made it a fun experience with all of our weird targets and I hope you will have fun with it once it’s released!

In terms of what I’ve got left for the chapter, I’ve only got to write random events now, some initial relationship and hobby events, and the actual homecoming event. If things go well, in around 1 month everything should be done. Unless I start writing really long separate paths for each RO for homecoming. If I do that, it might take like 1 month and a half or something.

19 Likes

You should do long separate ro paths for homecoming in your demo.

1 Like

Well, bloody hell! I just read the demo, and i am speechless. That’s all I am going to say.

is there a patreon demo ?