Heroes of Myth — Are you a hero, a liar, or both?

Why choose when you can be both.
I’m loving the game so far, I was going to romance Evander but Min is stealing my heart fast.

2 Likes

I just played this game, and enjoyed it! It’s a super original take on prophecies.

The route I did was lies to truth. I actually ended up with a good ending except for that I lost my magic. I wasn’t sure which option meant what while in the portal, and what the required stats for each were. I’d love to see what would happen if I was able to keep that magic though.

2 Likes

Best CoG ever .

3 Likes

How do you get the wedding achievement? The one where you still manage to let the wedding happen, no matter what happens? I got it once and I still don’t know how I managed it

1 Like

This is definitely one of my favorite CoGs so far. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to other works by the same author.

8 Likes

If you haven’t seen it, they have a WIP on the forum, which is quite good: Stars Arisen Developer Diary

3 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and say I love this one, especially how the text mentions your personality and stats so much, it feels really responsive. And the characters were very interesting and developed a lot. I went from a Verity stan to romancing Meredith.

9 Likes

Not sure if this well get seen but is there a way to get alvis and verity together without inserting yourself into the relationship I ship these two hard

1 Like

Unfortunately not, I was a bit leery of that level of complication with my first game. (It doesn’t do you any Alvis/Verity good, but for the record I am no longer leery of that level of complication with my in-progress next game, Stars Arisen.)

Authorial musing on things that are post-game/not in the text, feel free to disregard if you’re not into that:

My logic (aside from limiting code complexity) was that things between them were complicated enough that they probably wouldn’t get together during the events of the game without the PC inserting themself pretty directly to nudge them along. When the game is over and things are calmer, I could certainly see them getting together on their own time. Or not, depending on how things went during the game and whatever happens after!

4 Likes

Here’s a review of Heroes of Myth. Love this book, and I hope others would too.

8 Likes

What is the poly options?

You can be in a relationship with Alvis and Verity.

Is verity a girl?

Yes

So I’ve attempted 3 playthroughs and never finished the first 2 because I always get caught up with the demon conflict and how the game seems determined to force me down the path of demon loving.

I confess that I don’t understand the point it seems to be trying to make. Demons conquer minds and kill people. It tries to say “no but they’re scared” okay well Merideth regularly mind controls people just to get whatever she wants with no compunction about invading a sovereign being’s mind. It says that people lived in harmony with demons, but thats impossible with any creature that could seize your mind whenever it feels like it or kill you with the merest flick of it’s wrist. The part where the MC muses that one of their ancestors “loved” a demon always weirds me out, because they never think of the fact that demons could just mind control rape people when they feel like it and then mind control anyone that raises any objections.

“But they don’t always kill people” yeah neither do bears but we don’t invite them into our homes. We live separately from creatures that could kill us at any moment.

And when Merideth says that they love humans, while regularly mind controlling and attempting to get humans killed just to save rampaging demons rings incredibly hollow to me.

Even if demons aren’t wholly malevolent, they’re still way to dangerous and too incredibly destructive to be allowed to live amongst humans

At best, humanity is merely a lesser species to them.

At worst, they are chattel.

All depending on the daily whims of the demons

But somehow the game goes out of it’s way to paint me as some sort of evil bad guy for wanting to keep them away from humanity.

9 Likes

I give up my mind is zoned out I can’t really argue on the conversation but I can still see some small problems of sealing the demons you are actually sealing some of the demons that are innocent maybe not all demons are good like Verity’s ancestor or cafadel but consider Meridith she have never manipulated the humans in that village so there is still some good in most of them and you can always just become a demon Hunter if you are looking to kill rogue demons

1 Like

My friend she straight up admits to mind controlling people when you ask her, since as a demon she cannot lie.

Oh she says she doesn’t do it all the time but she still does it to get what she wants.

And look, I understand her goal, since I share the exact same goal in the game except in opposition to her: helping my people at any cost. She would gladly sacrifice thousands of humans at the hands of rampaging demons to protect the ability of her people to do what they want. But the thing is, they have their own world. She only wants to open the portal because demons like it in the human realm. They’re not being tortured or oppressed, their world isn’t ending, nothing bad. They only want the portal open so they can have fun, they also like to rape humans, since you can never know if a relationship with a mind controlling shape-shifter is anything consensual.

I’m fact you cant trust that ANYTHING a demon sympathizer says or does isn’t the result of mind control, since demons do it as easy as breathing.

And at the end, I did exactly what she would’ve done the opposite direction: I attacked her infiltrator, I swept the demons back into their realm, I let min kill themself in their foolish quest to endanger humanity, I slammed the portal shut forever, and I killed Meredith when she decided to square up with me.

I also like when you kill the demon at the wedding and she tells you the big spoiler like look lady I’ve killed every demon I’ve encountered up to this point and explicitly stated both my mission to destroy demons and my hatred of them. Why would you ever think that wouldn’t do anything but make me hate demons even more?

She’s like “you’re nothing like a demon” YES, THANK YOU, YOU ARE RIGHT. HOW AM I THE BAD GUY FOR KILLING A RAMPAGING MONSTER THAT WOULD’VE KILLED EVERYONE IN THAT ROOM JUST BY WALKING THROUGH IT.

10 Likes

This is a warning to avoid implying that there is any form of rape when there is none. Exaggerating for effect or implying it falsely is wrong and can cause people to form false impressions of a game. Please keep all potential criticism or comments rooted in facts and not stray into conjecture that is framed as a fact.

13 Likes

Do any of you guys know how to get The Hero Dies achievement ? It’s my last one and I can’t seem to be able to get it

Basically, you have to stick to one motive; either wanting to release the demons or not release the demons and then choose the opposite when you’re inside the gate, pick one of the choices after that that doesn’t seem to fit you, and then choose to sacrifice yourself to open/close the gate. Do you know how to get that wedding achievement; the one that’s worth 20 points. I know how to get all of the others, and I’ve even gotten that one, I just don’t remember how I did it and it’s bothering me

1 Like