Help! How would you start off a story in Choicescript?

While I was setting up a certain project I was going to share with you guys (Certainly not a simple quiz!), getting ready to setup the story, I couldn’t think of anything. I know what I was going to write, the story right in my mind, but I couldn’t do it. Mainly, because I have no experience with writing CYOA games than the usual stories. I couldn’t think of how to start it. I ended thinking about it for a exactly week, without any Progress. So Everybody, I got a simple question to ask, how would you start off your story in these kind of IF?
I think it may help me start off my Story if I received some feedback. :-?

Okay first tell us what it’s about.

I’m not exactly talking about my story…

I started mine a week ago in a offtopic conversation comes the idea, and simply write them without think and planning only write. My subconscient does her job :stuck_out_tongue: The problem is the code and the grammar. Share your idea with people you trust and can give you sincere feedback and good ideas.and lots of patience with code and hard work too.

Well what is the purpose of the story then , what is the mc doing in it , what is the goal?

No, it’s a secret… :wink: but I’m asking how you guys start off a story, not mine, Darn it. :stuck_out_tongue:
And actually, to me, it feels like I’m writing in a new language. I know how to script the basics and some of the advanced. It’s how you begin to write the story.

Dont think only write let things flow naturally

I just start writing my story, it will suck at first. I think however, this is not important at the start, the flow once started is of great value here. Once you have what you want for the opening then take some time doing edits, and getting feed back.

@Marajade I did, and it ended up horribly. It was about a Dr. Rock meeting a Potatoe with flaming wings of evil telling her the world was going to end with the Eggomatic-5000 spitting up a Djams… It was not what I had in mind.

@lordirishdas; That was actually some nice advice… I’ll keep that in mind in the future.
But sadly, I can’t exactly “translate” my story into Choicescript… Do you know what I mean? :stuck_out_tongue: I can revise that sentence if you want. On the other hand, I can write quizzes in Choicescript with no plot at all, pretty easily.
But the story and scripting I have in my mind is perfect. I just can’t seem to put it in Notepad++, sadly.

Write the basic story first, do not worry about choice, then outline possible branches. Then start working it into choice.

I have the same problem lol. I have this one story of mind, where I know what I want to do, but I just can’t start it for some reason, I just don’t know how I should make the beginning to set up the story for later on.

That’s the point. I just can’t seem to fit that idea in there. It just comes out mostly as some strange brainstorming-thing. Though, I think I succeeded at making a web in my story. I guess that’s a step forward. Yay, for progress! :stuck_out_tongue:

@TIYF… You just described my same exact problem. Are you a Psychic, reading my mind!? Just kidding. :expressionless:

Woot @Happy

Are you just having problems making a linear story into an interactive format?

@happy Not really, lol

@CS_closet Yep, That pretty much sums up my Problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who said you have to write the intro first? Write the part you like best first. Code stuff, etc. Write the intro later.

That’s not too hard to fix. Just start going through your story and asking yourself “what if”. Every point that you find a good “what if” scenario, consider putting a choice and think about the outcome of the choice. It doesn’t have to be a lot of choices to start with. You can always add more.

To be honest, Resonance used to be a linear story, but I came up with too many “what if” scenarios to keep it that way. :wink:

1 Like

Well, my problem is mostly solved now. Now I need to put my mind into the Story that I try so hard too. Ah, darn it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good luck in your proyects!