Heart's Choice is Coming Dec 2nd

Yeah, you’d have to watch a lot of ads and wait between chapters, but you can play them entirely without paying a cent.

3 Likes

If $4 to support the writer/company is such a hassle, just learn to be patient instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought the ad-free version of Pro-Wrestling, and I’m very excited to see just how explicit those three peppers are gonna be. :smirk:

6 Likes

Tho we can avoid ads if we play offline right? We still would have to wait between chapters?

I find that searching new titles on google search is more effective than searching them directly on the Play Store. In this case when I tried to do that on the Play Store it brought up some CoGs and a lot of other choice games, tho it baffles me that if I type in the exact title then how can the search function mess it up.

1 Like

We haven’t fully implemented ads for Heart’s Choice yet, it’s currently just delaybreaks. (Yes, yes, I know the button says “Unlock Ad-Free” right now.) When we do implement ads, no, you won’t be able to play offline unless you actually purchase the adfree version of the game.

2 Likes

I see. No cheating the system then xD

I just installed it and I absolutely love the cover arts and the layout of the app. Very stylish

3 Likes

I really enjoyed them but it feels like jazz age is way too short. Now getting started on dawnfall I love sci fi

2 Likes

Does anyone know the full list of which guys we can get with?

Of which game?

All-World Pro Wrestling

You should post questions about All World Pro Wrestling in the discussion thread dedicated to it, and read through it first to see if your question is answered.

1 Like

To be honest I thought I had put it there till Morphine replied lol

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to bring this up, but I noticed that none of the Heart’s Choice games were announced on Steam via the COG curator/developer recommendations. Since the games are listed under a new developer (Heart’s Choice) & were released during the Autumn Sale, they might not have been seen by people who aren’t active on the forums or haven’t seen the email announcement. But I also noticed that some newer COG titles like The Fog Knows Your Name weren’t announced either, so I’m not sure if this is an intentional choice not to use the curator recommendations anymore?

2 Likes

It’s a separate company and dev account, so I’m not sure how we would have been able to do that.

1 Like

Steam’s Curator system seems to have been built for reviewers; so they may recommend games that others have developed. So unless there are separate rules for Curators who are also game devs in their own right (which seems plausible but unlikely) there shouldn’t be a problem recommending a game distributed under a different Steam account.

I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to toss an email in Steam Support’s direction and ask! But looking at other Curators, I really can’t imagine there will be a “no” to the question “We’re both a developer and a Curator; may we recommend games by other developers?”

3 Likes

Like @Minnow mentioned, I don’t think the curator system was intended just to be used for a developer’s own games, in fact the COG developer account was used to recommended every new game from Hosted Games too and other choice games not related to COG/HG/HC at all like Long Story, Gone Home, The Wolf Among Us, Sunless Sea, To The Moon, etc. I wasn’t sure if something happened because the account also stopped recommending official COG games too, the last game it recommended was Grand Academy 2 on 20th October.

1 Like

A Player’s Heart by Melissa Scott: f/f. Beta, releasing January 2020 ???
If so (and heck, if not) I was lucky to get a slot in the beta test. IMHO etc … It will be well worth the wait :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m definitely excited for that game.

Also would it be too spoilery to ask how long it’s word count’s gonna be?

I’ve checked back through my mails etc and I (genuinely) can’t say/remember.

However, I can (I think!?) say it took at least 10 hours for one play through, and there are 3 basic “routes” you could take (I took just 1), which I think would create at least 2 great story experiences. Note I was “testing”, so that time is extended, but even so.

My closing comments were … “Please pass on my sincere compliments and regards to the author. Fantastic setting that hints very successfully at greater depth of world, great characters, brilliant description and writing style; great fun to play and I was genuinely on tenterhooks wondering whether …”

*The “…” would be too spoilery, I think :wink:

1 Like

Please do not discuss officially company hosted Beta specifics in public … technically you should not even be doing that in private.

I also ask that you create a specific thread dealing with Melissa Scott’s work if you want to continue with this discussion.

Thank you.

3 Likes