Having trouble with Dashingdon's save plugin - can't make > 3 slots

Talking about “smPluginMenuAddon save plugin by CJW,” that easy option built into Dashingdon. It’s working fine except it only ever gives me 3 slots, even if I tell it to make more:

*sm_init seventeenth_spy | 5

is what I have now, but it’s still just giving me 3 save slots. What am I missing?

1 Like

I think every WIP uploaded to dashingdon suffers from the same problem.
Let me summon the man @dashingdon

2 Likes

I thought I told you to stop rubbing my lamp, @Szaal !!!

Just kidding. :smile: I’ll look into it in a bit and update here with my findings.

But you only have two more wishes now.

7 Likes

Ok looks like it’s hard-coded in the smPlugin.js file. I have updated it to be 6 slots by default now instead of 3. When I get around to making the updates I will fix the hard-coded issue so that it respects the *sm_init command setting.

4 Likes

Thanks! 6 is a much more comfortable number, especially for longer games

1 Like

Noo !!! :scream:
I… I use my second wish to grant me 10 more wishes!

1 Like

I can’t stop laughing @dashingdon now you have created this

1 Like

The plug in is now creating 6 slots even if author stated it to create 3

Well heck. Ok will look into getting it fixed soon.

2 Likes

Ok it defaults to 6 slots for everyone now regardless. I’ll have to make more extensive updates to allow authors to select the number of save slots at a later time.

Now you also only have two wishes left.

3 Likes

Looks like a bug, @dashingdon are you using the most up to date version? If you are, I’ll fix this upstream.

2 Likes

Noooooooo :scream:

1 Like

Yes, I checked out the dropbox links and these look like the latest versions (smPlugin.js and smPluginMenuAddon.js).

For now I’ve just commented out saveMod.slotCount = Number(args[1]); and set the slotCount to 6 in the smPlugin.js file. I haven’t looking into why it is not honoring the slot count argument in the init line but I haven’t had any time to look into it yet. It could very possibly be an issue with the custom code on DashingDon that’s used to extend functionality in various ways.

1 Like

I’ll take a look. I can’t help but feel like someone had a similar problem before (off of dashingdon), but I thought I fixed that. Maybe I didn’t :confused:

1 Like