Halloween Game Jam

This sounds like a lot of fun. I might take a stab at it.

Just… as someone who’s not from the US, around when is Halloween? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

The Night between 31 October and 1 November. Or normally consider the 1 November in Latino countries and Spain.

5 Likes

What should we go for in regards to word count do you think? Not sure what the word count is for regular IF I’d imagine it would be much shorter though.

3 Likes

Ohh I love horror, and I’ve been wanting to make a horror VN for a while, maybe this is my sign haha One way or another, I’ll be keeping an eye out! I love the idea, I really hope we get some fun halloween games:)

8 Likes

I don’t want to limit word account. Because the words required code in Choicescript are totally different from Twine, to Infinity Stories or to Ren’py. So I don’t want to limit anyone.

6 Likes

I like the Halloween Idea. Don’t you think it would be possible to make such a thing here? It is not against the rules I think

3 Likes

It is not, but I am afraid that I make the game jam and nobody reply back to the thread and look like a fool. Mara the lonely, lol.

9 Likes

I am gonna help Til Halloween there should be enough time to make something small

2 Likes

Shall we make a poll to gauge the reaction then? I can volunteer, I’ve got a bit free time in my hands now.

3 Likes

Maybe I will put a poll in the poll thread

Edit: Poll created.

5 Likes

What do you think, how many possible writers do we need? About ten?

I think 5 should be the minimum. It doesn’t have to be Choicescript, twine, ren py etc… That allows the player choice could be accepted. I will love to see people who never tried a wip trying. Or groups of people. It could be really useful as practice and fun both for players and for writers.

6 Likes

Maybe we shouldn’t discuss this on this thread.

3 Likes

Oh a group Work sounds cool

5 Likes

Something like this does sound like it could be a fair bit of fun, and I’d contribute if I could, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have no prior experience with coding, if there was another way to help I’d be interested to know though!

3 Likes

There are other pages as http://chooseyourstory.com or https://infinite-story.com
Where you can write interactive stories without code knowledge. But I personally cheering you out to try out Choicescript. In a small story, it will be far easier to learn about it and you will feel proud of yourself. I will certainly try to help you if you part.

9 Likes

Same here and we don’t celebrate it here but I’ll try to help however I can

Oh @poison_mara forgot to mention I’m new to writing🙇‍♂🙇‍♂🙇‍♂🙂

5 Likes

Great until day 31 of October it is enough time to do a little game. So I am sure that people will do amazing stories.

7 Likes

Do we post the Jam links here to get Feedback per PM, or just a summary so that interested testers can just contact the author?

1 Like

I don’t want to fill the forum with threads asking for testing, so I think until the games are finally ready for the last testing beta is better people asks for help here and people send the authors pm.

6 Likes