Guenevere (WIP)

No matter what kind of Guen I play, I always imagine her as a red-head.

21 Likes

I generally imagine Guen as a blonde, but on occasion (like with my Spoiled Guen), I imagine her as a redhead.

Ladylike Guen:

Guenevere Lannister:

Spoiled Guen:

12 Likes

I don’t imagine guen at all i probably should but I don’t.

This is how I imagine Lancelot though
download

8 Likes

Haven’t played it in a while as I said, but Saoirse Ronan, and specifically her in How I live now seems quite similar to my guen looks wise. The pics above specifically Kate(I thnk I mean her? :stuck_out_tongue: ) does look really similar to my idea of Morgana.

Oh wow, I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking of a Yen/Morrigan mix for Morgana.

My Guen (at least one of them) is a brunette, I’m kind of surprised I haven’t seen more of that

4 Likes

I have different looks in mind for my different Guens. My warrior Guen has very fair skin and hair and otherwise looks deceptively delicate in her beauty. My ditzy, immature Guen is a curvaceous redhead. My main or ‘canon’ Guen is a brunette though, and I think I tend to favor dark-haired Guen’s.

2 Likes

@jeantown
Will Guen be able to influence Lancelot’s feelings towards Elaine?

Arthur: [takes a drink] Easy enough. On to the next questio-

Lancelot: Sorry, Arthur… [takes a drink]

Arthur: L-Lancelot? Seriously?! S-she’s my wife!

Lancelot: What can I say? Every time we touch I get this feeling-

Morgana: [chugs half the bottle] You’re going to need some stronger - [hiccups] - wine, Guen…

Of course Mordred is a Guen x Lance shipper. How else is he supposed to accuse her of adultery?

This will always be my mental image of Evil Warrior Guen:

20 Likes

BREAKING NEWS!!!
Local sorcerer drinks all the wine from the Guenverse, witness are scared and the Queen makes an official statement about the situation: “I have no idea why she’s doing that…”

14 Likes

At long last, here are the stats and recap of my Spoiled Guen.

TRUST:
Arthur: 30
Lancelot: 23
Morgana: 1
SKILLS:
Sword: 21
Leadership: 0
Light Magic: 29
Dark Magic: 0
Brave: 23
Stubborn: 3
Convivial: 18
Intelligent: 0
Responsible: 1

Guenevere feels like it’s her birthday a thousand times over on her wedding day. All her life, she’s been surrounded by beautiful clothes, sparkling jewelry, and fine banquets–being Queen means more of the same, but even better, because on top of living the life of a pampered rich girl, Guenevere is certain that she’ll be having many exciting adventures. She gives no thought at all to any actual politicking she’d have to do as a monarch, since she’s always found politics to be incredibly dull. In addition to her excitement, Guenevere is hopeful that she and Arthur will fall in love. As for what she thinks of Lancelot and Morgana, Guenevere immediately labels them as “fun” and “no fun” respectively. With Lancelot, she has a good time joking that she isn’t actually the King’s bride, but she finds Morgana to be too much of a stuffy prig to ever consider her a friend.

When Guenevere finally meets her groom, she’s drawn to Arthur at once because of how cute and sweet he is, and she can hardly wait until they’re alone together. In the aftermath of the failed assassination, while it’s certainly a shock that someone would want to kill her–and on her wedding day–Guenevere still manages to cheerfully shrug off the “silly murder attempt” and has as much fun as she can during the dancing. When the wedding night arrives, Guenevere wastes no time in having sex with Arthur, and because she’s never slept with anyone before, she doesn’t realize that Arthur isn’t actually all that good in bed. After they’ve consummated their marriage, Guenevere tells Arthur that she likes her new purple emerald necklace, but it’d be even better if he gave her something he chose himself–a girl can never have too much jewelry, after all. She later happily has sex with Arthur again after the fireworks adventure.

The next day at dinner, after spending the afternoon dolling herself up, having an intense, pleasantly burning reaction to Lancelot touching her makes Guenevere wonder if she’s in love with him as well as Arthur. Touching Lancelot while helping him with his armor and having that same reaction again confirms it in her mind. She doesn’t see any issue with being in love with two men at the same time–in fact, it’s like the best of both worlds, having a husband and a lover on the side–and she doesn’t appreciate it when Morgana implies that being in love with Lancelot means she must not want to be married to Arthur.

All romance drama aside, during the campaign against the Romano-Saxons, Guenevere has no problem with firing the firework rocket (even if it is less exciting than taking a more active role in the fighting), and she would have done it in time if it wasn’t for Hrothulf’s ambush. She casts a protective spell during the battle and then chooses to spare Hrothulf’s life because it’s what Arthur wants. And although Guenevere makes a comment about Arthur’s vision being beautiful when he tells her about it, she actually doesn’t care about his vision, nor does she care about shaping Britain. As long as she’s living her extravagant lifestyle, having fun adventures, and has Arthur, Lancelot, and her adorable little fae dog Henry around, Guenevere is happy.

Three years later, Guenevere’s feelings towards Morgana, Lancelot, and Arthur have not changed. She’s still in love with both Arthur and Lancelot, and she still doesn’t like Morgana at all (hence Guenevere not bothering to write to her sister-in-law much). Her jealousy flares when she sees Tilda flirting with Lancelot, and instead of asking the duchess if she’s tried the wine, as she would have under any other circumstances, she snidely comments that Lancelot and Tilda seem to have negotiated the treaty all on their own. Guenevere is then rather curt with Tilda, saying as little as possible, forcing her to come up with something to talk about, and attempting to humiliate her by offering her Merlin’s carrot. Guenevere’s mood improves drastically when she learns from Arthur that the sheep he brought into the castle are running loose. She thinks his idea to involve sheep in the negotiating process with Frankmarch is a brilliant idea and is eager to help Arthur catch them (letting the sheep tear up Tilda’s dresses is just an added bonus). The only time Guenevere is actually upset about the sheep incident is when a few sheep get into her room, and even then, Arthur mollifies her by being her “servant” for the night, as well as promising to buy her some fancy jewelry and replace the missing purple emerald necklace.

When Camelot is overrun by fake Gueneveres, Guenevere grabs her sword and hurries to the courtyard with Morgana, where she fights as many enemies as she can and casts a healing spell on the captain when he needs it. After Henry is attacked by Meligaunt, Guenevere attempts to avenge her beloved dog by working with Lancelot to fight the half giant, who is wounded during the battle. Another thing to note is that Guenevere does not lift a finger to try to help Morgana at any point, not when Morgana is fighting Meligaunt, nor when Grimald captures her. Hey, if Morgana is so capable, then surely she doesn’t need Guenevere’s help, right?

While imprisoned on the ship, Guenevere refuses Grimald’s offer of an alliance (she’s not about to make any deals with the lowlife who helped kidnap her), tells Henry to run away rather than let Meligaunt take him, shows her ignorance of dark magic in the most annoying-to-Morgana way possible (“Again? We had chicken at the banquet last night”), and decides to use a courage spell on the sheep in an attempt to escape. The plan succeeds, and Guenevere chooses herself to be the one to actually escape the ship, leaving Morgana behind.

After unexpectedly meeting Lancelot in the countryside of Frankmarch (and attempting to tease him about being treed by a fae wolf), Guenevere finds herself immediately responding to his kiss. She feels triumphant that he’s finally decided to do more than give her victory trophies, and she has sex with him right then and there before he can change his mind. Afterward, though, as Lancelot talks about the unusual physical reaction they have whenever they touch, Guenevere starts to feel…uncomfortable. Oh, sure, she tells Lancelot that she thinks the spell is just physical and they shouldn’t worry too much about it, but she can’t help but remember that she only started wondering if she was in love with Lancelot after he touched her for the first time. She doesn’t enjoy the thought that she’s being mind-controlled, so she tries to convince herself (more so than Lancelot) that her feelings are real.

Tilda revealing herself to be a spy causes Guenevere’s opinion of her to turn positive, though that might just be because the duchess isn’t actually interested in Lancelot. In any case, Guenevere willingly gives Tilda as much information as she can, including the location of the decoding device, and her answer when Lancelot asks her if she trusts Tilda is a simple, sincere yes.

Guenevere chooses to return to Camelot and deal with the Frankish invasion because she loves a good battle. She also decides to send Lancelot to Michaelsmount. There are two reasons for this, the first conscious and the second subconscious: she wants him to save Arthur from getting himself either killed or permanently wounded, and she also (even if she won’t admit it even to herself) wants him away from her for a while so she can maybe–and that’s a pretty big maybe–try to figure out how much of her feelings for him are genuine and how much of them are manufactured by the spell.

12 Likes

Whew. I finished compiling a description and checklist for every disorder I know about on a Word document, all in one place. I can now officially diagnose characters I know within minutes! And people I know who don’t mind me telling them! :smiley: And I’ve been dying to use what I created-so…diagnosis time! :grin:

(1) Arthur: Neurotypical/Normal

For a little while there, I thought I was going to diagnose him with ADHD, considering his behavior in Book II…but no, he didn’t make it. :laughing:

(2) Lancelot:

(A) Histrionic Personality Disorder

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is characterized by a long-standing pattern of attention seeking behavior and extreme emotionality. Someone with histrionic personality disorder wants to be the center of attention in any group of people, and they feel uncomfortable when they are not. While often lively, interesting, and sometimes dramatic, they have difficulty when people aren’t focused exclusively on them. People with this disorder may be perceived as being shallow, and may engage in sexually seductive or provocative behavior to draw attention to themselves.

(I was actually, it turns out, using an outdated diagnostic criteria last time I diagnosed Lancelot with HPD…but he still definitely more than qualifies with the new criteria.)

5 (or more) of the following (Lancelot=7):

(1) uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
• publicly makes unique and especially dramatic vow to protect and defend Guen at wedding ceremony
• interrupts Arthur and Guen’s wedding night for an impromptu fireworks display with him
• despite being supposedly trying to leave Guen alone for 3 years, he constantly sends her victory trophies and makes sure she’s still paying attention and NOT forgetting about him
• will kiss an explicitly uninterested Guen
(2) inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
• reputation for seducing every girl in court
• constantly flirting with nearly everyone he speaks to
• the only one of the Arthur/Lancelot/Morgana trio who would LOVE to have a poly relationship, anytime, if the others consented. No convincing necessary.
• bursts into wedding pavilion without permission from anyone, where Guen is likely not fully dressed
• kissing his best friend’s wife without even asking her permission
(3) rapidly shifting and/or shallow expression of emotions
• his dramatic vow to dedicate his life to Guen (after knowing her for 1 week)
• his dramatic declaration of his undying love of Guen (after having actually interacted with her for exactly 1 week…3 YEARS AGO)
(4) consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to themselves
(5) style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
(6) theatricality and/or exaggerated expression of emotion
• his dramatic vow to dedicate his life to Guen (after knowing her for 1 week)
• abandoning his best friend for 3 years to go a-questing, refusing to ever say why
• the victory trophies
• overcome with emotion, impulsively kissing Guen
• his dramatic declaration of his undying love of Guen (after having actually interacted with her for exactly 1 week…3 YEARS AGO)
(7) highly suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
• if he likes Guen enough, willing to ignore his best friend/king’s wishes and make an alliance with Grimald or start a civil war in Frankmarch. Anything for his (likely darkside if she’s asking for this stuff) lady love of 5 minutes!
• easily falls for manipulative and/or only sexually interested Guens.
(8) considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are
• kissing a Guen who literally hates him, told him she was only interested in women/not interested in romance or sex, told him she’s devoted to Arthur, AND/OR said she only wants to be friends.
• thinking he’s in love with a woman he barely knows

Subtype: Theatrical Histrionic

Theatrical histrionic personality subtypes are dramatic, romantic and attention seeking. The theatrical histrionic is overly concerned with appearance and dramatizes both their looks and actions. These individuals will often “sell" themselves through graphic poses and theatrical emotions. They will also seek the attention of others through inappropriate actions. For a slightly comical example, the theatrical histrionic may become overly dramatic with their performance in response to a common question by sighing deeply and placing one hand to their forehead (striking a pose).

(B) Hypersexual Disorder
Hypersexuality is a clinical diagnosis used by mental healthcare professionals to describe extremely frequent or suddenly increased libido.

• reputation for seducing every girl in court
• constantly flirting with nearly everyone he speaks to
• the only one of the Arthur/Lancelot/Morgana trio who would LOVE to have a poly relationship, anytime, if the others consented. No convincing necessary.
• when Guen tells Lancelot she’s having an affair with Morgana, his first thoughts…are to imagine Guen and Morgana having sex

(3) Morgana:

(A) Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder:

Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder is characterized by a preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and control, at the expense of flexibility.

This is a tricky one…because I guess you could say that Morgana has a mild case of OCPD. She’s on the spectrum, but on the milder end. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 (or more) of the following (Morgana=5):
(1) preoccupied with details, rules, lists, order, organization, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost
(2) excessive perfectionism

• obsessed with perfecting her dark magic abilities to the extent that she managed to become the best sorceress in the kingdom at younger than 23 (very likely by the time she was a teenager)

(3) excessively devoted to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships (not accounted for by obvious economic necessity)

• Does Morgana ever have fun? Who knows? Because nearly every time she’s on screen, she’s in some way working! (Usually with dark magic for Arthur, and when she’s not doing that she’s taking care of her kids.) Overworking herself into exhaustion, I might add.

• sacrificed everything she wanted out of life to marry Lot and eventually make a better world through helping Arthur

(4) overconscientious and inflexible about matters of morality, ethics, or values

• sacrificed everything she wanted out of life to marry Lot and eventually make a better world through helping Arthur
  • will take years of convincing to change her mind about a poly relationship with Guen/Lancelot
  • will insist on blaming Arthur for Mordred’s conception, despite the fact that he was forced into it too

(5) unable to discard worn-out or worthless objects even when they have no sentimental value
(6) reluctant to delegate tasks or to work with others unless they submit to exactly his or her way of doing things

• never feels it’s safe to let Arthur and/or Lancelot do ANYTHING significant on their own without her presence and guidance

• definite “surrounded by idiots/incompetents” complex

(7) miserly spending style
(8) rigidity and stubbornness

• will take years of convincing to change her mind about a poly relationship with Guen/Lancelot

• will insist on blaming Arthur for Mordred’s conception, despite the fact that he was forced into it too

• stubbornly refuses to admit to any sort of latent attraction to Lancelot

Subtype: Conscientious Compulsive

Conscientious compulsives see themselves as considerate, thoughtful, and cooperative. They often voice a strong sense of duty. They hold fast to the belief that they will be cared for, valued, and loved in direct proportion to their hard work and monumental accomplishments. This belief structure comes with a significant liability: They fear that failure to perform perfectly will provoke both abandonment and condemnation, which creates considerable inner tension and guilt.

(B) Persistent Depressive Disorder

From what Jean’s said, Morgana has been the way she is, mood-wise, for a long time. And…Morgana actually qualifies as depressed. Take a look.

The essential feature of persistent depressive disorder is a depressed mood that occurs for most of the day, for more days than not, for at least 2 years.

(A) depressed mood for more days than not, for at least 2 years.

At least 2 of the following symptoms are also present:
• Poor appetite or overeating
• Insomnia or hypersomnia
• Low energy or fatigue
• Low self-esteem
• Poor concentration or difficulty making decisions
• Feelings of hopelessness

(4) Mordred:

Though we haven’t met him yet, I think I’ve heard enough about him over the years to diagnose him. :grin:

(A) Psychopathic (Mordred’s PPT-33)

Psychopaths score 30+ on the PPT (Psychopathic Personality Test) and have highly diminished emotional responses. They are often charming and highly manipulative, and biologically incapable of fear or remorse. It is however, a mistake to think they can’t learn from their mistakes-many are highly intelligent.

Psychopaths, in contrast to sociopaths, did NOT become the way they are because of childhood trauma. And Jean said that Mordred is not going to have a particularly traumatic childhood (conception aside, and he won’t know about that until long after his personality is formed). So that makes it really easy (often it’s nearly impossible to tell without a brain scan for the distinctive psychopathic brain abnormalities). :smile: Psychopath it is.

Subtype: Disingenuous Psychopath

The disingenuous psychopath enjoys popularity and a great social façade, and they are able to charm those around them initially. However, long-term intimate relationships are difficult to impossible due to their unreliability, seething resentment, and tendency to plot against others. They view life as a zero sum game—only one of us can win, and it’s going to be me. They will rationalize all of their heinous behavior, and they will expect others to appreciate their cunning schemes.

13 Likes

Watching DC legends of tomorrow season 2 episode 12 and a warrior Guin is in it.

3 Likes

Damn it, now I’ll HAVE to redo literally all my playthroughs because I never went looking for her. Morgana, me and my undying love are coming!!! you’re always my number one!! Who cares about an imminent invasion when you don’t feel as loved as you should??

28 Likes

@lexa reads your bio and your comment
omg,we can bond over so many stuff! squeals like a fangirl

7 Likes

She’s my number one as well. The kingdom is my number two then my fae cat at three. Then Arthur. Then Morgana’s kids. Then everyone else then Lancelot

8 Likes

hahaha my sentiment exactly! :grin:

1 Like

@jeantown Aside from the obvious endings for the series, here’s some that would be fricking awesome.

• Creating a new dynasty.
  • For a less happy ending, Guen leaving behind her established life and becoming a commoner to avoid death.
  • If you actually can get more fae pets, going into exile and living in the woods with them would be a nice reference to Merlin’s original depiction.
  • Guen may have became The Lady of The Lake in Welsh Arthuriana. Maybe that could be an option here.
  • Creating a badass empire and maybe even conquering places like Rome ala Geoffrey.
  • Turning Camelot into Arthur’s original capital, Carleon.
  • Leaving Britan entirely.
  • Guen herself chronicling a history of the events of the game, possibly making it more gritty, mystical, or romantic (AKA fantastical.) It could be a little appeasement to people who prefer depictions of King Arthur more in those directions.
  • Outlawing and purging Britan of magic.
  • If The Holy Grail doesn’t just erase the memories of people who see it, Guen deciding to introduce Christianity to the world would be interesting.
  • And finally, simply being able to die.
12 Likes

I’m down with that! First Britain, then the world!

Why die when you can rule forever?

8 Likes

I hope we get more scene with Morgana as well . And to be able to do more as a Queen .

8 Likes

Another question recently occurred to me about the Mordred drama: Would it be possible for Guenevere to blame Arthur and/or Morgana for Mordred’s conception, then later decide to forgive either or both of them, or at least decide to be civil/cooperative with either or both of them, even if she doesn’t think true forgiveness will ever be an option? For the newest Guen I’m roleplaying, Traditional Guen (who’s a cross between Catelyn Stark and the traditional portrayal of Guinevere), I imagine her being furious with both Morgana and Arthur about the Mordred situation, and while she’d eventually decide it’s best for her to continue being a dutiful wife to Arthur even if her friendship with him can never be what it once was, she’d consider her friendship with Morgana to be completely destroyed and won’t want to be nice to her ever again.

Speaking of Traditional Guen, I noticed that the option to manipulate Meligaunt and Grimald into an argument was present at the part in Book II, Part 1 where Guenevere is considering the best plan for her and Morgana to escape the ship. For my Traditional Guen, I had her lie to Arthur about their first time being fantastic, and I later chose the “I’d lie to Arthur if it was for his own good, but I’m not going to try to manipulate him” option. Other than that, she hasn’t really lied to Arthur (or Lancelot or Morgana, for that matter), unless not telling him about Lancelot’s interest in her counts as lying. Are those first two options I mentioned choosing for Traditional Guen enough to have the option to manipulate Meligaunt and Grimald?

5 Likes