Guenevere (WIP)

[quote=“jeantown, post:5027, topic:1996, full:true”]
@Mirabella @DarkSpeck @faewkless Let me start by saying that there is, in fact, one brief Monty Python reference early in the second half of part 2 (if Sir Bretta survived the fight with Hrothulf). Will there be more? I don’t know; maybe I’ll find a way to sneak in one per book, as long as I can do it so organically that it wouldn’t sound weird to someone unfamiliar with Holy Grail.[/quote]

Sounds good :smile: . Now, I guess we should all shut up with the Monty Python and the Holy Grail references before we get a ‘Bloody peasant!’ in our faces for it :laughing:

2 Likes

Well, I am from Spain we were in almost perpetual war for 800 years. Our medieval it’s difficult to compare with the rest of Europe. For instance, from a legal perspective, our commoners were better treated for minor nobles ius malecandi almost wasn’t used . The right to mistreat them, didn’t include amputation of limps. Because wars commoners were gold. But same time that leads to the stole commoners policy. Not what you are thinking. Commoners just trying to run away his lord to go a better one that actually paid something. Oh that’s so interesting! ! Our different kingdoms had… well i will stop before lol. Sorry my history hystery take control of my hands

1 Like

Would be interesting to see a fantasy (or at least fictional) setting inspired by that history

Oh it was fun. They runaway lord send people to “rescue” them. If they were able to remain free a year, they become king men what in England was free man . But in Spain had other meaning. for instance the city i live was ruled but an evil bastard rapist so we started a civil war in our Galicia kingdom, we lost but he was slain. Funny fact nearby town was a king men city free of service to nobles since then, that bastards let us rotten! !

2 Likes

@poison_mara should totally write a game set in medieval Spain.

3 Likes

I hardly doubt anyone would be interested in that. But I really think would be fun Monty Pitton style like when people start riot for the cabbage price or how a monastery through pigs to a river just to eat bacon in easter or how bacon could save you from inquisition… Funny stuff

With or without it being mentioned how no one expects the spanish inquisition? :stuck_out_tongue:
Though now it occurs to me, “Lionheart” sorta had that kind if setting…

I like that game but we didn’t have goblins villages near Barcelona I could swear that

1 Like

Lionheart should have been a far better game than it actually was.

Well, it wasn’t supposed to be STRICTLY historical game :laughing:

Agreed, but it is what it is, unfortunately :pensive: . That said, it’s hardly the worst game in existence…

A game that lets people kill Machiavelo or help Sylock to bankruptcy Shakespeare. Or help Cervantes fight ademon. have a great place in my memory

1 Like

Yeah, just disappointingly mediocre. The good stuff is good, the meh stuff is a bit too much, though.

But I agree with Mara, although I preferred helping Shakespeare to Slylock. Those three quests were fun.

This forum is so awesome … Where other place you can talk about cabbage wars in Spain. And people actually played Lionhead a ultra weird rpg that almost nobody have heard about. I love all of you guys :kissing_cat::smirk_cat:

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s all a pity that Lionheart wasn’t an awesome and well-known a game as it should have been. The setting, the spirit-thing and so on… The game had so much potential for being totally awesome, but it ended up being at best mediocre…

But ahem, we’re perhaps veering a bit too off-topic, so I’ll just say that I’ve played this WIP and consider it very good; one of the top five WIPs there currently is on this site/forum :smile: . Looking forward to see it further improved and eventually completed! :smiley:

1 Like

@Jeantown

So if the servant doesn’t know how to fight, I assume that this servant will become a POW in the Battle of Michaelsmount? If so, I might even thank Arthur for his mercifulness.

If the servant does indeed become a POW, I do hope you add the option to interrogate him. You never know when a little bit of intel will come in handy.

Also, to what extent can light magic heal a person?

ehhhhhh wait and see. :smile:

Depends on the skill and power of the practitioner. It can’t fix everything. You may recall that Lancelot’s mother died in spite of Vivien’s best efforts, and Vivien is probably the most powerful practitioner of light magic other than Merlin (who can’t be relied on to do anything you want).

2 Likes

@Jeantown

I… I’m afraid I don’t recall anything like this. What happened?

@poison_mara
I would definitely be interested. Your stories about medieval Spain are fascinsting and I would love to play a game based on them.

1 Like

Not sure whether it’s quite what you’re after, but Choice of Romance is set in the fantasy country of Iberia.

It is, but I’m not sure to what extent it represents anything visibly like the Iberian peninsula of Europe - it feels like the external neighbors might be, but the internal stuff is more Henry VIII-ish.

1 Like