Guenevere (WIP)

I would be interested in a game in Spain, depending on what it’s about. Cyberpunk Spain lawl, not that I’d gloss over a game in old Spain…or how about a game where your a Spanish conquistador ;D and uou,gotta decide how to deal with the locals and your own troops/comrades, now that’d be fun.

2 Likes

Sounds like the game Expeditions: Conquistador if you ask me :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like a cyber-punk Roman game would be really fresh- like the chariots would be ran by mechanical horses and stuff. I really wanna try something like that.

1 Like

@jeantown While sneaking Guenevere in under the math professor’s radar, I realized that out of all my Guens, Skanky Guen has the highest trust with Lancelot (25%!) :open_mouth: The thing is, Skanky Guen flat-out told Lance that she has zero feelings for him and is only interested in the great sex they have…and yet she’s his favorite out of everyone. And this AFTER falling in love with his best friend’s wife…Lance is clearly a glutton for punishment. :smirk: Is this just a weird coincidence, or does Lance normally want people he can’t have?

Also, it made me wonder…Lance may be okay with it now (at least it’s better than pining for her from afar), but how will it affect him over time that the girl he loves with every fiber of his being is is totally indifferent to everything about him but his sexual prowess?

@poison_mara You should totally make a game about medieval Spain! :grinning: That history sounds fascinating…bloody and gruesome, but fascinating. :smile:

2 Likes

You, my friend, are a genius. I told Lancelot everything I thought he wanted to hear–that Guen loved him but also cared about Arthur and wouldn’t do anything to break Arthur’s heart–but I could only get my trust stat up to 11 (pun not intended).

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that day 1. He is weird as hell. Works well for him to my option: Tell him you don’t like Arthur for real, but you want to be faithful also you like a woman more . Also, he still insists if not business with men. Hid reaction to Yeah, too, but better be friends It’s priceless. He is a masoch follower, insists on keeping a way that would let him astray . More i say no more he is interested

1 Like

First of all, @DarkSpeck, I just realized that I didn’t say thank you for your kind comments earlier – sorry! Thank you! :slight_smile: I’m glad you’re enjoying the game.

If you talk to Vivien at the wedding banquet, she’ll say that Lancelot’s mother came to Avalon for sanctuary but died of illness there when he was a baby. I guess it doesn’t specifically say that Vivien tried and failed to heal her, but that’s (implied to be) what happened.

@buggygirl11 Hmmmmmmmm… Okay, so the reason Lance likes Skanky Guen so much is because she’s flirting with him, and he likes flirting. He’ll feel like a Guen who flirts with him is a kindred spirit. That said, Lance is supposed to be a perceptive and worldly person, and he ought to know that flirting is not necessarily a reason to trust someone. So I’m not sure what to do about that. Maybe he just has a big blind spot where Guen is concerned.

A Guen who is nice to Lance but says she doesn’t want to get romantically or sexually involved with him ought nonetheless to have a high trust score (especially if she says her reason is loyalty to Arthur), because Lance initially doesn’t want to get involved with Guen that way, even though he’s so drawn to her. So, like, the highest trust score prior to The Kiss probably ought to be for a Guen who flirts with him and expresses attraction, but says they shouldn’t get involved.

But what about Skanky Guen, who flirts and takes the first opportunity to have sex with him, but doesn’t love him? Should she have a super-high trust stat? I guess not, though maybe the part of him that’s feeling dire guilt thinks that it’s better if Guen doesn’t love him (and maybe he feels so guilty that he somehow thinks he deserves to be used just for sex, though again, I’m not sure those feelings should lead to trust.)

Yeah, exactly.

The thing is, while Lance does like flirting with people, and while he’s having a promiscuous season of life prior to meeting Guen, the thing he wants most is a deep, honest, and lasting romantic relationship like the one his mothers have. (He likes sex a lot, but romance is more important to him.) So it ought to work out that his highest trust stat comes from Guen flirting, admitting attraction, initially saying “we can’t,” and then eventually declaring love. The way I have it set up now, I’m not sure the conversations quite allow for exactly that (though they could be tweaked to). At this point, I don’t want Guen to lose his trust if she says she doesn’t love him, but I guess she should be getting a lot more if she says she does. Because this:

…is not really how it should go.

I’ve known for a while that I’d have to majorly overhaul Lance’s trust stat, and I’ve never been 100% happy with the post-kiss options and conversation. (If nothing else, I want to flesh it out more.) So yeah, lots of work to do.

Guen isn’t the first, as we’ll see in part 3.

3 Likes

@Jeantown

Ah, I don’t really talk to her, probably because I almost always don’t play light Magic MCs.

1 Like

You know… I’ve been thinking, I feel like another main quirk for Guen (Main quirks being light magic, dark magic, swordplay and strategy) should be maybe some kind of deception or just plain charisma? Hmm, I don’t know how to word it, but the reason I suggest this is because I relatively try to keep my MC’S magic free- and that only gives me two options for my character in this game.

@Teety12 My current plan is to have stats for Stealth and Deception that appear later in the game (like, around the end of part 2) only if Guen has actually used those skills. So, for example, if your Guen lies a lot, eventually you’ll see a Deception score pop up alongside her other stats. I want to keep the opening stat selection very simple, and then let the stat screen become more complex over the course of the series.

7 Likes

@jeantown So at a point in Poison queen stats would appear at 100% treachery? Or you are a damn liar! I think it would be better a perk system, that character has or not. Like the dialogue perks in Inquisition. That maybe could easier all the stuff.

1 Like

@poison_mara That is a REALLY good idea. I was already wondering how to handle the problem that Stealth and Deception would never be as high, number-wise, as the core four stats.

But I could make a separate menu of initially-hidden “Abilities” that would just be on or off, which the player would basically earn like earning Inquisition Perks. The ability would appear once it had been earned – e.g, once Guen lies or sneaks around enough. I could add other abilities.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on that idea?

1 Like

@jeantown I recommend you going to Bethesda channel on YouTube, because only few minutes ago they uploaded a incredible video with Todd Howard (Bethesda god director) about fallout 4 perks and how they work. I think could it be inspiring for you.

2 Likes

One more vote for “Mara should totally make a medieval Spain game.”

12 Likes

Since it seems we are apparently voting for a medieval Spain game from Mara…

I throw in my vote! Please don’t poison us all for it, Mara!

5 Likes

I know she so should! It sounds like an awesome idea.

1 Like

Pleeeeeease, @poison_mara! Make it the anti-Guenevere! With all the poisoning and backstabbing and ruthlessness you wish you could have in Guenevere! :grin:

5 Likes

@Poison_Mara

When is the WIP coming out?

2 Likes

Ok I have my nanowrimo decided by the forum I see :wink: Hmm, I could imagine a good real medieval story placed in the Taifas kingdom period (similar with The Chinese pre imperial situation or the Japan one) With the addition of Muslims and Jews. And the Spanish way of life …:relieved:

4 Likes

@poison_mara Yes, yes, in the time of the Cid!!! Maybe you could use the Cid legends as a basis? If you really wanted to make an anti-Guenevere, you could even have the MC be Jimena Díaz! DO IT! :smiley:

3 Likes