Grand Academy for Future Villains -- Taking over the world? Come to villain school!

There’s a bit of continuity error after you escaped the older students’ deathtrap and have the chance to scratch a map into your arm. If you do so, you can ‘consult your map’ as if you actually got a proper one.
I mean, I know my MC is good (no, not that kind of good, shush) but I doubt he’s capable of marking areas on his arms he has no idea exist…

1 Like

I played this not expecting anything, and that’s what I got. It’s waaaaay better than Diabolical, but it still has a long way to go. So, here come the rating!

Story: 3/5. I saw it coming. It’s not really hard to anticipate everything. Also, I played as a scheming master, but it ended up being more onfusing than anything. I mean, where’s the option to betray everyone (heroes and villains), by destroying them all? I played a few times (pretty sure I got all endings but none truly satisfied me with how rushed it felt.

Stats: 3/5. Nothing good, nothing bad. There’s a bit too much and I always end up indebted, but beside that, there isn’t much to say. The choices are not obvious, unlike many games which is a good point.

Characters: 4/5. I like them. Even though they are not really original for most, I admit they are pretty catchy.

Replayability: 2/5. When I judge this I ask myself two questions: “Is this worth another playthrough?” and “Do I want to do another playthrough?”. The answers are “meh” and “why not”. I’m sure there are details I missed, but I think I found all the major endings (Side with heroes, side with the headmaster, find a compromise). And I didn’t feel like it was worth it.

Final: 12/20. Nothing special. True, it’s nice to play the villain for once, but there is room for improvement (especially the endings where we could have had something based on our stats). So, if you want a villain game, pick it over Diabolical (one of the few ppurchases I regret). If not, pass.

11 Likes

So what are the romance options in this game?
I figured probably Kinistra, maybe Phil or Aurion? What about Rathna? Any others?

Xi is another one iirc.

Is it even possible to achieve ‘star student’ (perfect score)?
This specific achievement seems to be very very very closely tied to a very specific way of playing, which, all things considered, might be a bit too much in this case. (IMO)
And I have yet to find the way.

Highest I got so far was 94%. That included undergoing transformations, which is equally annoying to achieve, come to think of it.

4 Likes

How do I get that little shit Aurion as my minion??!! I can’t seem to get my leader stay higher than 50 But my relationship with him is like 80 or somat

Just found this right after picking my electives.

That one had me do a double take too.

That is deliberate, right? Darkboard was glitching out.

7 Likes

yep. Good use of that thing, I’d say.

the display dire_warning_freshman genre = {genre} seems like an actual choicescript error though. has it been confirmed as how it is meant to be?

Look at the text directly below.
You puzzle over the last few lines
The entire bit (as there’s similar errors later on) is most likely be on purpose.

1 Like

I saw that bit and it gave me pause. I haven’t played further in case it was an error.

As said, thought so too at first. But there’s more of the same later on. There ARE some genuine errors, but when it’s DarkBoard spewing them out, it seems all deliberate.

1 Like

It’s all deliberate. There are no errors in the text in that section.

2 Likes

Thanks Mary it looked like it was but thought I’d make sure.

How romance phil ? However At the ball he was interested by me…

Any help ?

Darn. This game looks awesome, but after it’s release, I’m going to have to seriously consider changing the name of my WIP. :yum:

3 Likes

Well I thought overall this game was cute and funny, and being a villain is refreshing (although I am a rather poor villain and ended up being a hero :blush:). I was a bit bummed out about Kinistra being so absent, especially when the boys wouldn’t stop showing up and then she’s totally missing from the epilogue :cry:

10 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just a problem with Kinastra but the epilogue I got didn’t mention my RO at all.

Also, it might’ve been a glitch, and I can’t remember when in the story it was beyond it happening in the second semester, but mother dearest had a go at me for not attending Cerebrate’s classes like she asked even though I chose his elective and attended every class I had the option to.

Another complaint I had is that some of the stats (specifically Evil, Chaos and to a lesser degree Hedonism) could have been explained or named better. Evil, for instance, seems to be your Command ability while Hedonism seems to be Charm or a similar analogue.

All in all, I’d say this is a very interesting setting that could do with some more fleshing out. To that end, I look forward to your next work.

1 Like