Funny choice of games games

Are there any funny ones with a good sense of humor? I’ve read all of Devons books and they are written beautifully. Anyone know someone with that style?

1 Like

I don’t know of many funny choice of games really. The only I can think of is “My Day off Work”.

2 Likes

choice of the cat , I though that one was hilarious…especially if you have or know cat well .

A midsummer Night’s choice was also funny (well some part were ) .

there is also DIABOLICAL , but I never brough it . But the demo seemed funny .

edit: I recommand you try the demo , and see for yourself…cose what can make me go haha may not make you go haha .

3 Likes

Seconding Choice of the Cat. Also Tally Ho, Star Captain, and For Rent: Haunted House.

5 Likes

Tally Ho is hilarious!

2 Likes

Definitely Tally Ho! and Choice of the Cat, also So, You’re Possessed! was pretty funny.

4 Likes

Diabolical was hilarious

I worked hard to make Drag Star! funny AF. The forum folks seem to think it’s hilarious, so I’m glad I succeeded.

5 Likes

Well Drag Star definitely has my vote. Especially after my character ate the cake that has some hair and nails on it!:joy:. I can’t stop laughing imaging my character’s reaction after they ate that​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Glad you enjoy it!

1 Like

A Midsummer Night’s Choice, Tally Ho!, So, You’re Possessed! are the top 3 for me if it comes to funny CoG/Hgs. But from what I’ve seen of it Drag Star! also seems like a good recommendation here. And I found Sorcery is for Saps funny too.

2 Likes

Tally Ho!, So, You’re Possessed, Choice of the Cat (seriously, if you’re a cat owner/lover, I’m not sure there’s a funnier CS game than this), and I vouch for Drag Star, as well! Still haven’t had a chance to play the final draft, but I played it thrice during beta, definitely made me laugh. I also found myself laughing quite a bit during Star Captain, Diabolical, and Grand Academy for Future Villains.

I would also mention the Samurai of Hyuga series because as serious and dark as it is in some spots, the MC is hilarious. Some of it could count as dark comedy, iirc? But yeah, my favorite thing about playing that series is the author’s sense of humor!

4 Likes

I’ve tried it today. It’s not very funny, in my opinion. It had a decent story, I’ll give you that but it was too much for my tastes.
Congrats on your success!!

It’s one of my favorite series.

I tried all of them, except So, You’re Possessed!. Might replay Sorcerery is for Saps.

Thanks for the recommendations!

1 Like

Ahem. I’ll just leave this here, as I am wont to do.

Please keep in mind this is two different marketplaces to get the game. Not a suggestion to actually buy the same game twice.

Unless you’re into that sort of thing, of course. Now you’re talking double team…supreme!

3 Likes

For me: Star Captain. The insufferably Lloyd is still my favorite character so far. All the situations between that little prick and the MC are hilarious, no moment for peace :grin:

7 Likes

Until now I was wondering why so many people suggest Star Captain. How could I forget about Lloyd… Time to reread it.

Me too! The visual and narrative style were a perfect fit for the story. And while I don’t want to knock other projects, I will say that was very refreshing to see. It wasn’t just the style, though, but the actual jokes. None of this “I say something funny” crap. You actually wrote in funny jokes. Really well done.

I’ve seen pretty much all of the funny games are already mentioned the only one I can think on the get go to include (in my own opinion) is Evertree Inn (found the dialogue have a “why this happening to me?!” or a “sigh here we go again” vibe and was good game to play) - Also one rather old Hosted Game I found quite funny was “Paranoia”

1 Like

Try grand academy for villains. If you actually pay attention, it is hilarious.