Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

One or two of those mentioned there are poetic license but the rest are totally founded and Have been modified. the fact that you and others have gone through so diligently must mean that I’ve got something worth reading. I appreciate it I really do!

Finality is ‘intentional’ because Silic’s reformation is very theatrical lol

Damn it the intro got cut somewhere… coulda swore it was there… may have accidentally slipped a he in there, I myself am unsure of which gender was Silic’s origin been wishy washy on it. Will fix and decide.

Stand down oh mighty one Lol
You must’ve heard of my tendancy to reward helpful people with artz. I love the help much luv @TheTrueKing

Why tankya @Pace675 I’m happy to hear that you’ve had a minor luv meltdown over my work.
I considered it a side project cause I started the other first. It becoming rather popular (and lil ol me warm and fuzzy)

Sir or ma’am eh? I like to retain a bit of mystery so pardon me if I don’t own up to either *wink*
As the popularity stands I may upgrade it from its side-project status tho.

1 Like

I was going to point at your DA profile but you even have that set to be ambiguous… Sneaky :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Perplexing aint it Lols

1 Like

NEW YEARS CAMEO CHARACTER SHEET

Name: legal name of character.
Moniker: what the newspapers and the world at large would refer to you as.
Age: oldest Freak would be in their 30’s because any before that have died due to severe side effects of Darwins Syndrome which have grown less and less over the years.
Sex:
Eyecolor: (Freaks always have bright eyes that shine with refracted light)
Hair color/style:
Height:
Build: thick, thin, fat, feminine, bulky ect…
Orientation: if you want to be an RO suggest open options.
Power Class: Mind Body or Energy
Power/Core ability: Will explain limits below
-subpower1
-subpower2 yada yada
Power-level: (for the cameo use ‘mid-level or low level makes writing easier *wink)*
Weakness: all Freaks and Swigs have a natural flaw in their abilities an imperfection in their evolution.
Quote: “Favourite saying, captures a bit of personality,”
Appearance: Basics only
Personality: keep it short.
Freak or Swig:
Occupation: Freaks and Swigs need jobs too, sports, tv, military, law enforcement, mercenary work, street performance, bodyguards, and even common day jobs high and low. From fashion model to exotic dancer.
History or Goals: short paragraph

EXPLANATIONS BEGIN

Powers:
All powers are categorized into 3 basic ‘sources’ Mind, Body and Energy. All abilities fall under these three labels, but abilities rarely cross the divisions and those that do are often weaker than others. “Jack of all trades master of none”
These powers can be anything aside from magical. Try to stay loosely within the bounds of science, Some powers have more effects than they first seem and some low-level abilities have high impact if used properly. Essentially psycho-kinesis can be employed in a way to reinforce the body giving them strength and durability but each freak learns only a few ways to ‘focus their ‘core’ abilities, their bodies can’t handle the strain of ‘stretching’ their abilities in the opposite direction.
ALL of the below powers are either turned Inward(enhancing themselves) or Outward (effects others) BUT NOT BOTH.

EDIT: Some freaks under the Body class do not resemble humans.

Mind- All powers involving perception of self and that of others. Brain power!! Ranging from psycho-kinesis to mild-precognition or enhanced reaction time (ala the spider).

Body- all powers that manifest physically, strength, camouflage, shape shifting, and many many more. If they use their body as a catalyst and source of power or implementing it they alos fall into this category. These powers are all focussed inward and there are rarely Freaks or Swigs of the body type that attack at range, but they ‘do’ exist.

Energy- self explanatory, these are the energy flingers, plasma, gamma, thermal, electrical, weather manipulators, sonic and so on. If it deals with energy these are the guy that do it.

Classes: (merely judges the intensity of core power)
Low- usually non-lethal powers with an assortment of tricks and multiple uses, they are more flexible than those above them and can adapt the use of their abilities in different ways and experiment with new functions. Low impact but handy.

Mid- less flexibility, focussing their abilities a little better, wit h greater destructive force and range. They can still use other functions of their abilities but it causes strain and the results can be random.

High- level: so few exist that it is unclear the limits they possess.

Core abilities:
Long story short a character that can ‘fly’ their power isn’t ‘flying’ but something else that they ‘use to fly with’ be it levitation, magnetism, wind, becoming lighter than air ect…

Core ability: what powers their abilities.
Sub-powers: things they can do with that ability.
Low-levels: highly flexible many sub-powers no need to explain them all
Mid-levels: 3 sub abilities MAXIMUM
High-level: N/A

The Newyears Character will be a ‘mid-level’ freak or Swig.
Enjoy. Entrants will no longer be accepted after 27th when the list will be posted and the votes begin, the winner will be decided after Newyears!
Copy the Chara sheet fill it out and PM me and Post it in the thread. If you’re unclear on anything contact me.

Have fun
Much luv

PS:Back to writing!! YAY!

3 Likes

Yeah I think this far into my characters and creations :stuck_out_tongue:

You present another option for the use of the outfits I messaged you with :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I like multi use items:))

Oh this is definitely something worth a read you can fully expect me to throw whatever the final price will at it when you have it finished!

Oh my god, theatrical deep accented Silic is going to end up being my favorite character for this. If they’re on the villain side, I’m afraid I’m going to have to throw away my aspiration of becoming a celebrity superhero just to join their side. XD

New Years Cameo sounds cool! Is the OC a hero or villian? can it be either?

1 Like

Thankyou very much!

Silic IS and will continue to be an Enigma

Depends on the character themselves and the goals they aim for.

1 Like

Need to post my entry in the thread too according to Snoe’s destructions there…

So here we go:

Name: Lyra Foxe
Moniker: Desire
Sex: F
Eyecolor: Deep purple
Hair color/style: Butt length, Dyed Burgundy
Height: 5’ 8
Build: Athletic feminine
Orientation: Lesbian. (Can be RO, will only be interested in characters that either don’t interfere with or actively support her devilish ways :wink: )
Power/Core ability: Mind
Telepathy
Suggestion
Perception control
Power-level: Mid-level
Weakness: Hard of hearing, but not totally deaf.
Quote: Let’s have some fun
Appearance: Full body length tribal style tatoo on left side of body, including arm to index finge and leg to foot and large toe. Reaches quarter of the way around her body front and back. Almost exclusively wears revealing sexy clothes, example being black short sleaved scoop-neck crop top, blue/white plaid mini-skirt, white fishnet stockings and strappy black stilletto heels (3" height). Make up is usually tasteful but aggressively sexual. Smoky eyes and all that :slight_smile:
Personality: Teasing, manipulative, self-centred, amoral
Freak or Swig: Freak
Occupation: Exotic dancer and thief, her clients often departing with less money than they spent on her and her co-dancers.
History or Goals: Orphaned at a young age, she grew up in a care home. Caring little for rules and regulations she often did her own thing and actively ignored attempts to control and discipline her. During her early teen years she developed a passion for physical fitness and dancing, later taking advantage of these passions working in various gentlemens/strip clubs as an exotic dancer/erotic model. During this period she also discovered her powers, finding herself able to read and influence thoughts, able to become invisible to a group of people or camera (camera will see her, people viewing footage won’t), make them go along with her whims, make them forget things (such as how much money was on their person), or fabricate entirely new thoughts, feelings or memories. She took advantage of these abilities to shop-lift, skim money from cashpoints and take greater tips from her dancing clients than they intended to pay.

Goal is to join other like minded people where she can put her appearance, athletic body and manipulative mental powers to use.

3 Likes

First tanks, than the death of Michael Keaton, now destructions.

1 Like

Omelets and broken eggs my friend.

2 Likes

Seems like fun. I shall continue to be a super powered brat.

Name: Mike Stevenson, but prefers to be called Mike Stevens
Moniker: Sentinel
Sex: Male
Eyecolor: Hazel
Hair color/style: Black, spiked
Height: 6’ 1
Build: Just over moderately muscular
Orientation: Bi
Power/Core ability: Body, Shape-shifting
Armoured hide-Skin becomes strong enough to be knife and small-arms fire RESISTANT (Will still take very reduced damage, and explosions do less damage)Takes longer to heal because of this ability, milk decreases heal time
Animal-shifting-Can shape-shift into animals (Only minor animals-cat,bird,etc. but after experience and training of his abilities he can shift into other animals)Still has not discovered ability to shape-shift, will occur in an emotional moment and be easier to control from there on forth
Power-level: Mid
Weakness: Experiences trauma when he sees broken bottles, incapacitates him and is stuck for a few minutes, afraid of going on an expedition alone
Quote: “The only way you’ll ever get laid is if you crawl up a chicken’s ass and wait."
Appearance: Three scars on back, AK-47 tattoo on right arm, wears simple clothes, doesn’t really mind what he wears
Personality: Slightly honourable, cracks jokes to break tension, mild drinker
Freak or Swig: Swig
History: His dad was rich and paid for him to get powers, than abused him and his powers and beat him with broken bottles(Dad was a drinker and Mark inherited it). Mark ran away at 10 and joined a street gang. They were a group of friends who looked out for each other and did jobs on people who cheated others, so Mark picked up some fighting skills(unarmed, knives, makeshift weapons) and a sense of honour from there. When he was 14, he came back from a job and found most of the group dead and scattered, and later found out the rival street gangs had taken them out. He got caught while investigating and was sent to jail, where he practiced and learned how to use his powers well(Other prisoners picked on him). He got out at 19 and started working out, continuing his previous lifestyle. He investigated the deaths of his friends(In the street gang) and found a dead officer’s body. He found a pistol(on the officer’s body) and trained himself to be an okay shot. Finally, he took on the rival gang, and, in combination with his tough skin and combat “training” he defeated them. He was 24 and applied to be a bouncer, and finally got accepted at 25 after doing various tasks to prove he was up to it. Being a bouncer is his current job and with the money he has rented a small apartment and continues to work out and take combat classes, both unarmed and with guns.

Goal is to find a purpose in life, will take some convincing to do dishonourable acts except for dishonourable acts done on dishonourable people.

I still might change his abilities a little bit.

4 Likes

I hope mine gets in, time to try something for once!

Name: Dale Parker
Moniker: Phantom Driver
Sex: male
Eyecolor: left eye is purple, right eye is pink
Hair colour-style: Ginger bread-hair
Height: tall
Build: thin
Orientation: straight
Power Class: energy
Power/Core ability: to fade from this plane of existence a bit (like a ghost)
-can fade objects in a proximity
-Can travel threw walls and objects
Power-level: mid-level
Weakness: has weak bones, making him unable to fight or take a punch without braking a bone
Quote: I’m the best taxi driver in the Milky Way!
Appearance: Pale skin, pointy ears, normal looking, wears a black hoodie and white jeans.
Personality: A jokester, kind, friendly.
Freak or Swig: freak
goals: dales goal is simple, to make jokes and drive his taxi while using his powers to get you to you destination on time.

3 Likes

Alrighty, the chaos ensues!!

extended the WIP scene a bit further to another spot worth pausing at.
Let me know what you all think
remember to mind the spoilers.

Well then, since I said it sounded interesting, I’ll give it a go!

**Name:**Mark Cheng
**Moniker:**Taipan
**Sex:**Male
**Eyecolor:**Red
**Hair color/style:**Very dark brown, short-medium, unkept
**Height:**5’ 8" (hope I did this correctly, and not the other way round)
**Build:**Average (or whatever you consider someone who works out just enough to stay healthy)
**Orientation:**Straight, I guess?
**Power Class:**Body
**Power/Core ability:**Able to naturally produce venom
**-subpower1:**Venom potency ranges from honey bee to Inland Taipan (yes, I did my research)
**-subpower2:**Venom has various effects, from blood clotting to muscle necrosis.
**-subpower3:**Resistance to all known types of poisons.
**Power-level:**Mid
**Weakness:**Can’t donate blood, blood is inherently poisonous. Ingestion of anti-venom makes him sick. Immediately distrusts people who seem to hate freaks. A lot of effort to make him feel otherwise.
Quote:“Do not be afraid”
**Appearance:**Light skin with slight yellowish hue.(idk, typical Asian look?) Prefers practical clothing, mostly hoodies. Liking to dull or dark colours, each piece of clothing are of single shade.
**Personality:**Indifferent to strangers. Slighty warmer to customers. Likes joking around with people he considers friends.
**Freak or Swig:**Freak
**History:**Born to a Chinese family, which emigrated (from Singapore, if it really matters) to country of setting before he was born. Grew up with a loving family, despite not having many friends as a child. Powers manifested before teen years, friendship problem got worse(Ya know, children, what to do…). Dropped out of high school before final exams. Parents got angry, gave him physical punishment, surprising him. Parents later tried to apologise, but, emotionally scarred, he decided to run away. Settled down somewhere, got a job. Friends with employees of surrounding shops.
**Goals:**To make others, especially freaks, feel welcome.

Decided on this because I found a surprising lack of completely Asian characters in the western world, they’re usually only part-Asian. Even if you do not use this character, I would appreciate it if you could include one of such origins, however small the role. :smile:

Yes, I’m Asian. Yes, I’m from Singapore. No, Singapore’s not in China. Plus, I do have an English and a Mandarin name.

3 Likes

Btw, you forgot to delete the To Be Continued part hehe.
I found this section slightly confusing: The light at her back burst around the trail in rings like small explosions accelerating the fall. He gripped your mid-section and heaved back to level out.
Is it a He, or a She? Probably a She, but just to be safe.

One of the choices after the 2nd personality change:
Yes of course I can! Are you strong enough?[/I]
Yeah, extra italic closing there. Chose optimist btw, in case it matters.

Right after that choice mentioned above:
“I dun wanna kill ya Magpie, but you’re crew 'as been gittin on me nerves.”
you’re, your, you know.

And right after that:
Ans she was speaking to the least likely figure among them.
what’s Ans? probably And, but, typo found.

So, let me get this straight, the MC’s skin is inhumanly hard, tough, and strong, yet it’s flexible. And is now apparently fireproof, did I get everything?
Everything else looks pretty okay so far, good job.

1 Like

FINALLY! I’M HOME! *kisses ground * it is reinvigorating to be away from than infernal flying death trap of a contraption! (I hate plane rides…)

Anyways! @Snoe, I see where this story is heading :smiling_imp: I think it’s gonna get dark soon… or maybe I’ve just been caught up in other projects to wrongfully predict what’s to come, I mean, I could be wrong…

well! either way, glad Silic’s still alive! :relaxed:, and I think that after you’ve feed the me with a huge feel of confusion and disorientation after that plane crash/freaknapping/escape gone right then turned horribly wrong you’re gonna have a lot of explaining to do, eh? that’s good actually!.. sometimes…

anyways! I like where this is going :+1: and I think (mainly because I’ve read and watched many stories before to quite predict a few things) that we’re gonna be in for a suprise? could be wrong again… if so… that’s a good thing :smile:

Btw… about that chara sheet… could I make… um… a sort of… computer AI? or like… a Robot maybe? if not… then ignore the sheet followed by this message

P.S: if this is confusing for you, it’s alright… I’ve been drinking too much, sorry… it’s the only way I could handle jet lag :sweat:

Plot armour! Best invention since sliced bread! :smiley:

2 Likes