Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

I thought it was hilarious. Plus it served as a reminder of how powerful Vyde is, and it’s not like MC actually got hurt. I didn’t really take it as Vyde being super serious, either.

4 Likes

Quick question: is this a case of requiring all these traits or will having most of them still allow for a romance option with a character?

I thought the scene was cool. :smile: I mean, we are clearly told that people are wary of Vyne’s powers, that he has to be very careful and that this inevitably causes him some level of loneliness and isolation. So it’s nice to see him getting playful/crayzeh with MC since First is such a tough cookie and can keep up with it. SPECIALLY the TroublemakerMC. :joy:
At least that’s my interpretation.

6 Likes

You don’t need those traits to romance a character it just will make it easier. It’s certainly not meant as a list you need to complete before romancig a character.

3 Likes

Very bad bunny! Why I think the whole forum loves yah…Luger!!! Plox?

1 Like

I wonder why we don’t have a option to fight him. We just accept he blasted us and move on?
I doubt my First would do that, he is Brat/Brooder/Reckless/Kill or be killed, he wouldn’t just be blasted of and shrug it off.

Well First’s smart, and the odds of winning would be extremely low and Vyde is one of the few Darwin that could kill First.
Secondly you’d have to have liked him a little to have chosen him as a chaperon.

But it’s mostly for the unwinnable fight reason.

8 Likes

I don’t think you realize how long I’ve been waiting for this to get past that stores scene even a little bit; not to mention the fact that I can actually do all of the things in the obstacle course, you’re doing great!

1 Like

I haven’t checked this thread out for awhile. I’m going to have to check your update out. Also what happened to the bunny? I almost scrolled past your posts lol.

1 Like

Took an awesome laptop selfy and I felt like a new avatar so here we are;)

3 Likes

Wondering how Em would respond if our first mentally wonders what she looks like naked. lol

4 Likes

Has anyone tried the option where you walk in front of Em naked in the room? I wanna see the reaction :joy:

1 Like

Wait which option is that?

The one where you woke up in a room after the battle with vyde and silic. The middle option I think.

Here you go, girl
I always pick that one, it’s so cute

3 Likes

Prefer the troublemaker version.

4 Likes

@Snoe [spoiler]I just did another play through, but I had my First basically have Ten as my guide, and Nyoka tag along. First, I think that it’s kind of funny how the two of them always bicker with each other (though I won’t lie, I am curious to see why Nyoka dislikes Vyde, but I am patient and don’t mind waiting).

Another thing, I was kind of confused after First got her haircut and was eating the pizza; when Nyoka was teasing First about sharing, you didn’t use his name, you only referred to Nyoka as “he”, which threw me off a bit since before Nyoka spoke Ten was speaking. At first I thought Ten was teasing First about sharing, until in the next line he said he bought the pizza for First only. It took me a second, at that point, to realize that Nyoka was the one teasing First. Basically, long story short, when you get the chance, I think you should edit it to make it clear that it was Nyoka speaking.

Also, when Nyoka and First are about to enter the store, I just think you should have had Nyoka hold the door open for her, it just seems like something he would do…

Oh, and finally, when First is getting changed in public, and Nyoka covers her body with his wing, and then Ten teases her about Nyoka copping a feel on her, and then she steps away from Nyoka. Well, first I think that should be an option, like basically let the reader to step away from him or just have them ignore Ten. And, if they choose to listen to Ten, then you could keep Ten cracking up the way he does, but also show how Nyoka reacts to First stepping away from him. After that, you should probably then have Ten make the comments about getting dressed the plastic bullets (basically, you had Ten mention the plastic bullets after First was already heading towards the changing rooms, and that just made it feel weird). However, if the option to stay close to Nyoka is made, then you could just have Ten make a complaint, or something along those lines, and then just get rid of his comments about her getting dressed and the plastic bullets. [/spoiler]

These are just my opinions, though, you don’t have to listen to them at all if you don’t want to.

3 Likes

Hahaha :joy: That’s really cute alright :blush: But the first option is still my favorite lolol

1 Like

I have my reasons I wrote it that way.

Good catch on the ‘he’ with the pizza part.

As for the rubber bullets Ten was being protective as in threatening to shoot anyone that took a photo of First sans clothing. hopefully that clear it up for you.

1 Like

Oh and it’s not terribly spoiler-ish but the Reason Nyoka doesn’t like Vyde has to do with Vyde’s battle with Kreagan. Years before this story.

I’m happy to share my world’s history

3 Likes