Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

How ominous.

I assume we’ll be seeing that guy again even though we’d really rather not.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Where’s the “transmute that guy into the floor and let Hughes adopt his daughter” choice when you need it?

7 Likes

Right under the corpse of Hughes & the doggirl… Sorry. : (

God even i know that was too soon.

2 Likes

Oh god, still too soon guys, still too soon. I want to say Francis isn’t that bad but I think it might just be two different evils that needs something caved in. Okay I’m going to go cry in my feels corner now after those horrible FMA flashbacks.

2 Likes

Tucker has a twisted form remorse… not so sure about Francis.

5 Likes

Wow, you really are disturbed… disgustink…

Why must you release this angst onto the thread :joy:, great reference though.

Welp. No respond for a week. I may as well post to revive this chat/forum section.

Are there any unintroduced characters, if any or are there plans for more characters?

1 Like

Sry folks but these lulls seem acrew naturally. Regardless of my best wishes… evil life.

11 Likes

Since the thread has had a mini revival… :grin:

I was wondering, can First get sick? Like the flu? They haven’t been outside before, as far as I know, which would lead me to think they haven’t had the chance to build up a resistance against viruses, but I’m not exactly a pro in the matter and I have no idea what the creep squad scientists could have injected them with or if they thought that was tainting the sample. Or, if First has some resistance because of their powers.

3 Likes

Just finished this it’s amazing, can’t wait for the finished story.

3 Likes

it would seem impossible for first to develop a immunity to a cold (seeing as its continuously mutating Though i think he might be able to get over it faster) things that mutate slower i think he could resist easer. Granted this is all speculation based on what i remember @Snoe talking about in the past about functionality of adaptation & memory on a cellular level(?)

4 Likes

First can adapt but only if they come up against said disease. Their ability to adapt is based upon their ability to metabolize energy speeding up basic human functions along with a many others.

7 Likes

In that case, how long does it take First to adapt? I remember vaguely First being around their current age when the stuff in the inhaler stopped affecting them, would it take years before First is nigh immune to disease? Or is their ability to adapt/metabolize much quicker, say a year or a handful of months?

3 Likes

Recovery: very fast
Immunity: variable

13 Likes

Something i really like about this is how you said their looks and a few personally traits count for initial interest, and that the MCs actions can win people over (think it was in the post of a screenshot of a chart with the preferences of each character). It’s interesting that just because certain characters wouldn’t be initially interested in you doesn’t mean you can’t go for a romance :blush:. Really hope I’m remembering it right :sweat_smile:. Hope things are going well and good luck with future progress.
P.S Loved the obstacle course update.

6 Likes

Finished playing through the demo and I really like it. However, and maybe this is just a personal thing, I think you way overuse apostrophes. For most of them I think you’re trying to emphasize the words, but to me it comes off as more sarcastic or untrue rather than emphasized. It’s kind of distracting for me when I read through it.
Still, I otherwise really like this and the demo is pretty good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this!! There were a few spelling/grammar mistakes throughout (the only one of which was really distracting being the word “so” in all caps in several places), but nothing too bad. I will say that the way gender/gender identity is handled makes me a bit uncomfortable (I wish my character could be a trans guy like myself without having to be misgendered).

1 Like