Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

I’m most likely in the minority but I want First to have more adventures around the island before getting more involved relationship-wise.

I’d like my First to go wild on the town for a few days… maybe explore the local boardwalk… chase some seagulls … just be a kid for a bit more.

I am content to have Empathy as my tag-a long because I feel they could really become each other’s best look-out.

4 Likes

Oh this trip isn’t about ‘relationships’ its about getting to know some of the players a little better. There will be plenty opportunity to engage in ‘relationship’ building.

6 Likes

Yay a Ten scene <3 Kind of disappointed he doesn’t make a physical appearance though, but the commentary makes up for it x) Does he at least show up at some point in the scene?

3 Likes

Just replaying and noticed this:

She explained that the plane itself had come somewhere from within the Swiss Alps and made for Alantus. There were KRV facilities there, but in a remote location. Easy to find but impossible to infiltrate considering the remote location; or so Vaihl elaborated. Interesting… you ‘were’ in Sweden… explains Luger’s accent.

The Swiss Alps would be in Switzerland, not Sweden (EDIT: Unless, of course, political boundaries have changed a lot).

Also (sorry if I’m nit-picking), you quite often use “you’re” when you mean “your”. If the sentence still makes sense with “you are” instead, it should be “you’re”, but otherwise “your” is correct (EDITEDIT: there’s also “yore” and “yaw”, but I really don’t think you’ll need to worry about them).

5 Likes

Oops
Well I’m bound to miss something lol
I’ll see about fixing stuff when I’ve got time.

Pssst: you may have made enemies these folks been pushing to go forward, your…you’re pointing me backward dun dun duuuunnnnn. Lol sry couldn’t help myself :wink:

13 Likes

I like the story and the characters too, I really hope you’ll finish it. Take your time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Snoe to Drakeye translator
“First is going to conquer the planet,
And vyde, em, and ten will be the generals and RO of the New Golden Empire.”
I approve :ok_hand::innocent:

2 Likes

Maybe if the EU disintegrated Switzerland and who knows who else are now part of a new Swedish Commonwealth, or something like that. This way you can be in both the Swiss Alps and Sweden (assuming that’s the colloquial name of the new state) at the same time. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Does anyone know if certain hair styles/colors and/or clothing styles affects the NPC who joined us on our shopping trip in any way?

I’m also among the people who wont be making a “modest” First, at least not on my main playthrough (but thanks for giving us the option ^^).

The First I’m playing just don’t get what the big deal about nakedness is. In general he doesn’t think about it as a problem (atm he don’t really see the body/people in a sexual way either), so it’s doesn’t come naturally to him that it would make some people uncomfortable (or else he would probably tone it down a lot more).

5 Likes

I’m probably the worst person to come to the defense of modesty, but a modest troublemaker First’s version of “covering up” for Em is possibly my favorite scene in this game.

3 Likes

Well Ten is one of the least trusting people in the story, so getting him out in the open is a tough battle. Others may trust him but he doesn’t share the same sentiment.

I only rush when I’m on a roll and I’m getting onto a good pace with all these days off this week :slight_smile:

Tis possible lol

WEll I have muddled the world a little in some areas storywise but that may not show in the story. But there are a few interesting occurences on the world stage thanks to Freaks and Swigs and the resulting warfare, Alantus city is a bit iisolated from the world at large. Think Genosha meets Vegas.

Yes it does, certain characters like people have a ‘type’ something about other people that they like more than others. Ei) Vyde likes male earnest optimistic characters with a bit more style and a willingness to have fun. that being said you don’t have to have ALL those qualities to romance him or the other characters.

Tis adorable aint :heart:

7 Likes

Nother bump down the Vyde path :slight_smile:
and thiink I caught most of the 'your’ issues

5 Likes

Ooh, all the better <3 I love getting nontrusting characters to trust my MC <3

2 Likes

Given context “he was joking”, I think?

1 Like

I never saw that line in the story, hehe, guess I am pretty dence :smile:.

Made another nudge forward !!
YAY *throws confetti

10 Likes

This is me right now.

2 Likes

Let’s Celebrate guys!! :grinning:

9 Likes

LMao
Well I’m happy that you’re happy that I’m happy :slight_smile:
It’s good to be back in a good rhythm with regular updates and nudges.

Can we get a First disco scene?