Fool's Fantasy [WiP] (CHAPTER ONE COMPLETED! UPDATED: 24/01/18)

It is pretty interesting

1 Like

@Vattena

Yes. But unlike others, the way I wrote her is really subtle that I’m afraid most people wouldn’t even be bothered to care. Well, I’m just glad you took quite a liking to her :blush:.

Basically if you play as female, Asbel is the lieutenant and Isabel becomes the empress. But if you chose to be male then its Isabel as the lieutenant and Asbel is the emperor.

Yeah. Though it’s been done before on The great tournament If I recall. If that can do it, then surely there’s a chance for me. :thinking:

Don’t let it be a burden to you kay? It’s not like you have to do it anyway. Take it easy, you don’t have to if you don’t want to :blush:

@pxpxp Appreciate the kind words! Hope you will continue to support me throughout this side project of mine! :smile:

1 Like

Makes me curious why they switch like that :thinking: anyway, is both of them RO or is the one that Lieutenant are the RO?

Nah don’t worry :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: I already send it to you, if you don’t get the notification try to see your inbox.

1 Like

@Vattena

I could go into details as to why but that’s spoiler territory. And you wouldn’t want that would you? :wink:

To answer, yes. Only the lieutenant is the RO which is why it’s switchable and not both of them.

:cry::cry: I am so grateful right now. you don’t even know. I read the report and, my god… I thought you were going to send like one or two but no you were actually reading through and finding typos, mistakes, and even suggestions!!

I feel indebted to you now what do i do? :confused::sweat_smile:

1 Like

So there is a plot reason why the switch is based on gender and not player choice?

It’s too bad the emperor/empress isn’t romanceable. From what little we have seen that would be really interesting, and I do love the Enemies to Lovers trope! :kissing_heart:

Also, What does our mask and vigilante/murderer outfit look like? :smiley:

1 Like

Is it possible to dodge the arrow in the first night?

So under the possible circumstance that the MC is wlw (and mlm) that means there’s one romance for each? I mean, at least for me the whole dynamic makes that a little awkward. A lot of the icky-ness is circumvented bc of how you set up the MCs past, but tbh I’m far more interested in romancing, say, Miriam after meeting her for all of 2 seconds than my not-sister who punched me in the face

1 Like

I am bit confused what exatly is mc’s curse?

1 Like

@The_Lady_Luck

Yes. It has to with the relationship between those two characters (Asbel and Isabel) That I haven’t revealed yet.

Hmm… :thinking: I don’t think I have a character with that trope. Might consider creating one if you’d like it :wink:

Imagine Corvo Attano from Dishonored.

Something like this

For the female counterpart, Imagine this Joker’s gender swap fan art from Persona5 as a rough outline but with a slightly more semi-medieval look

And obviously the way your hair looks is for the reader to decide.

3 Likes

i have play the up date i feel like this story be good one please finish it has great thing going on here

1 Like

First of all, thank you so much for the feedback! :blush:

@wolfmarelalala

Sadly, no. You were supposed to took the arrow for your lieutenant friend :slight_smile:

I get what you’re trying to say, but as stated earlier the ROs roster hasn’t been fully realized yet. There are 2 more female characters that you could interact with. One of them already being in the game which is Miriam if that is indeed, her real name.

And the other one which is going to be introduced briefly on chapter two. I thought that maybe teasing you with that bit of info might gain me your interest back :smile:

@Aleksa100

“The world is yours to take.”

“The moment you’ve found peace, I will rid you of your life.”

Those are quotes that I intend to tease right after you started chapter 2 when the MC jumped awake from being passed out.

The curse is basically an allegiance the MC had with a certain deity. The MC sees it as a curse because of how they gets it and because of how it has a lot of drawbacks. Unlike other allegiance, the curse is crestless. So if inspected you wouldn’t be able to identify which deity has blessed the MC. A crest will only appear if you chose to utilize its miracle.

Notice how the curse basically like, lets the mc do whatever it want. I won’t give the full explanation as to how it works, who’s the deity, and how he gets it. For that you’ll have to wait and see in the following chapters :wink:

4 Likes

OP! I liked this quite a lot I mean political intrigue,the arcane, and action? Yess!
I didnt find the writing style to be superfluous so dont worry!( I prefer that over a more curt and cold style honestly. Ugh.) Just wanted to show my support, keep it up yo.

Edit: Ah! Quick question, are the ROs Mc-sexual? Its not exactly elegant but is efficient enough I’d say!

1 Like

Dishonored is exactly how I have been imagining it! :smile:
The mask from that game is just gorgeous design (I have the full size replica that came with the collectors edition of the second game).

Does the Lordslayer’s mask have any features, magi-tech (can’t remember the in-game term) or otherwise, or is it just to hide their face?

What about the setting, what real world time period would you say is closest?
I don’t recall any mention of guns, but I guess miracles could have made them obsolete, so they might not have been invented. :thinking:
What’s the architecture and fashion like?

Any worldbuilding tid-bits you can throw my way? :grin:

2 Likes

@BoisterousBumblebee

Glad you liked it! :persevere: Honestly, I am always so anxious whenever I do an update on my work. This is a first for me and I’m glad to receive the amount of support and feedback the community has gave me.

hmm… I don’t quite understand what you mean by “Mc-sexual” :confused:. I looked it up online, only to find myself both laughing and confused at same time lol.

according to the net...

mc%20sexual

I could take a shot in the dark and assume that by MC-sexual, you mean that the ROs are attracted to the MC by default. Am I correct? :thinking:

If that’s the case and my answer would be, no. Some might gave a hint here and there but ultimately, you’re the one who has to do all the work :no_mouth:.

Please reiterate your question… I don’t think my assumption was in any way correct and now I’ve wasted your time by answering a question which you’re not even asking about… :persevere:

@The_Lady_Luck

But is it functional? :smirk:

It’s MIE( (Miracle-imbued equipment). The name sucked, I know. Honestly, I’m down for suggestion to replace that term to another one. idk, It didn’t quite roll off the tongue the way I wanted it to…

To answer, sadly, no. The mask is just a way to cover their face. (and also, it just felt right to have the lordslayer to wear a mask.)

I find it hard to associate it with real world time period. In terms of aesthetic, my main influences are these medieval european urban architecture found on J-rpgs that I like.

Examples such as these:

Tbh, I don’t even know what time period to associate those kinds of architecture. :sweat_smile:

Another influence in terms of world building is Ivalice, from final fantasy 12. They had this middle-eastern and european mix in terms of aesthetic and on top of that, their technological advancement contradicts the way how society is portrayed. Imagine aircrafts and motorbike that hovers existing around back at the renaissance era. The way they portray how technology advancement on Ivalice is exactly how I want to do it with mine.

You were correct about the guns. I often question the logic about whether guns should exist in this world where basically everyone is capable of using magic on their daily life. In fact, early design of Tyselle, the head butler had him wield his cane as a rifle instead of a melee weapon. He would channel his miracle through it to shoot projectiles like what a hunting rifle would do irl. Ultimately I decided to scrap the idea and instead redesigned his cane to be an essential part of his character, for without it, he would only be a cripple.

I designed my world to be an unconventional fantasy world where not everything is about swords and magic. I wanted it to be fantasy, but like, a modernized fantasy. Technological advancement is on the constant rise and magic is basically a part of the daily life. It’s not weaponized… well it can be, but everyone has come to terms with it and find it to be normal. It even drove the technological advancement. People had swords, yes. But not because of how a demon king is on the rise. It’s instead, used as a show of power as power is what drove the governmental system.

Notice how on chapter one, I had the little thieves riding a hover-bike. Yes, a hover-bike. It’s a bike that hovers (lol).

I’m going to tease you guys a little bit here. Remember the ballroom invitation on the prologue? Well… the ball itself is going to happen on top of an aircraft. The emperor/empress did this to showcase it to the citizens and as a show of power for the other opposing nations. Imagine like a zeppelin or a blimp that are commonly found of steampunk setting. but, instead of utilizing gases, it utilizes miracles to fly.

I don’t know what did I just wrote lol. this became a rant the more I typed into it. Hope it answered your question. :smile:

3 Likes

I cannot get into the prologue.

1 Like

Ha no worries there mate.
Mc sexual is more that the characters are able to be pursued by mcs of any gender! Not that they’re automatically attracted to them or anything! Just that they arent locked out options.

Some authors prefer this to having to balance out the number of ros for each sexuality to retain equality but yup.

1 Like

So it’s the same kind of anachronistic jumble as you often see in european inspired fantasy settings in manga and anime?
I can work with that! :smile:

And I did notice the hover-bike. It helped make it clear how normal and advanged the MIE is.

1 Like

@BoisterousBumblebee
Ah!I see. So I am way far off lmao. :smile: .
I see the appeal in doing that. Its just that I want my readers to interact with ny characters and think of them as character first, and RO second. It lacked the versatility that mc-sexual romance mighy have but it gave me the room to give them more personality and this false sense of realism despite being over the top and unrealistic.

Don’t get me wrong, as stated earlier, romance will be treated like a freeroaming section where you could just approach whoever it is thay you’re interested in. Meaning that you could still get really close with just about anyone without even being sexually attracted to them. Also, 4 of the ROs are bi. I might have to make a list later on when they are fully reallized :thinking:

@The_Lady_Luck

Exactly. :joy:

I forgot to talk about fashion earlier so here we go:

I think most people (espescially the nobles) would cover their whole body like in the victorian era where coats are everywhere and everything is mostly black–except its more colorful and because of the climate.Guards wear uniforms instead of the over the top heavy armor. Talking about animes, Have you watched fullmetal alchemist?? I guess its kinda similar to that.

On my mind I always picture the military uniform as mostly white in asthetics and has this red underside. Ofc the characters would accesorize themself so its not entirely monotone and undistinguishable. I’ll go search for reference pic later on… now I’m kinda sleepy because I just woke up so that’ll have to happen later. :disappointed_relieved:

@lokidemon007
Send a screenshot my way so I can work on it. I just cheked and there seems to be nothing wrong with it… Maybe try it again and see if the problem is on your end :thinking:

3 Likes

Is the deity Loki? It said Loki’s faith on the code

1 Like