Flower Fairy Godmother Game Help

Reminds me of Grigori the dragon. That’s it! I’m calling your dragon Grigori now! His real name is too much of a mouthful!

Things that are Important to this Tea:

• nbs. bonus points for trans nbs
  • furries
  • dragons
  • accurate archery
  • shapeshifting. bonus points for animals.
  • characters that have power but act overtly casual
  • characters that are sweet but could still kill you. bonus points the bigger and scarier
  • autistic characters portrayed well
  • women warriors. bonus points the older they are
  • no “cynicism is realistic” bs
  • team pet doesn’t die
  • race is mentioned, so no possibility for whitewashing
  • marginalised identity love interest
  • puns

mix and match for extra points

1 Like

It’s planned to be a short but broad game. I have the game divided roughly into four parts none of them overly long. But there’s a lot of different endings currently.

It takes place during a single day, the majority of the game taking place during the masquerade ball. There’s a cast of six guests you can interact with. (Everyone else at the party is SOOOOOOOO BORING.)

@Bagelthief

His real name is Cerulean Quickstorm and he would thank you to use all of it. :dragon_face:

2 Likes

Nice try, Grig. :eyes:

2 Likes

Cool, I’m excited!! so don’t take too long to finish it!! do you have any games you have finished??

1 Like

Julia Caesar’s about as finished as it’s going to be. :stuck_out_tongue: I am absolutely awful at finishing things. :stuck_out_tongue: I have all these ideas I start and then cannot finish so don’t get too excited.

I wouldn’t have posted but I was so stressed out trying to come up with stats.

3 Likes

Social scenarios like the one you’re describing are often about positioning yourself politically in relation to various factions or people. Combine that with the function of stats as a means of allowing players to see the consequences of their choices, and I’m thinking relationship stats.

You could allow players to determine any prior reputation the PC may have too. Do people expect the PC to be meddlesome, or is this happily-ever-after agenda a departure from the norm? Has the PC been invested in the Godchild(ren)'s education, or is there a fair amount of mumbling when it’s time to recite the catechism? Reputation can be important at court.

Obvious possibilities for relationship stats include the king, the queen, the Godchild, and whichever parties may be directly involved in the proposed happily ever after. But there may be other people whose attitudes toward the PC might affect the player’s strategy.

I suspect I should find myself sidetracked by such a set of sibilances suffusing the statistics you specify. Certainly consider substituting some of the suggestions posted previously.

2 Likes

You’re going into the situation completely blind. You didn’t even listen properly during the mission briefing. You’ve never met any of the people there before, but you can happily judge them based on their masked costumes and stick them into fairytale archetypes.

It’s a last minute assignment, for reasons you can possibly discover. Everyone will have their own thoughts on Fairy Godmothers, and their specific thoughts on you too.

I’ll probably be having relationship stats for everyone. I’m not sure how indepth said stats will be though. Everyone will react differently to you and will appreciate different sides of you.

The King and Queen probably aren’t present. They’d to rush off to deal with an emergency that you can find out about and which may or may not be connected to why you’re there. There are six guests that you can speak to, everyone else being deemed far too boring to bother yourself about :stuck_out_tongue:

I like themed stats too. [quote=“BabbleYaggle, post:26, topic:20104”]
I suspect I should find myself sidetracked by such a set of sibilances suffusing the statistics you specify. Certainly consider substituting some of the suggestions posted previously.
[/quote]

HA!!!

7 Likes

Ooh, you’re making this story can’t believe I missed this. :sob:

Well you know what I’m gonna say, so long as we don’t have to look like Disney’s Fairy-Godmothers and can be male I don’t mind being a fairy, though maybe my mc can insist on being called Fey instead.:wink:

Well as long as he can look like a really cute guy I don’t care what the mc technically is. :kissing_heart:
Besides playing someone who is oblivious to the fact that he in fact looks like a really hot guy would be a nice variation on the whole “innocent” theme.

Is (gay) marrying the Dragon an option too? Dragons deserve the occasional happy ending too. Besides if this one has a voice as sexy as Smaug in the Hobbit movies maybe my mc can’t help falling in love with the Dragon.

That’s totally their fault then they should have said ball at the end of the briefing not the beginning since that word probably made my mc think about the really important stuff, like what to wear to it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Suck up your masculinity!!! You’re a fairy now!!!

Benedoodle Cucumberbarble? Nah, man. Nah. I do know that you can have a happy ending though!!! Yes!!! Boop snoot!

In this game I’m using the term Fairy and so that’s what you are. You are a proud Fairy, not a Faerie or Fey or Fae or one of the Fair Folk or anything else. (And definitely not a pixie, a nixie, a brownie, or an elf.) Just a Flower Fairy. Certainly other fairies might not be so proud of what they are and use other terms, but the protagonist is a Fairy. It’s a gender-neutral term and a sign of awesomeness.

You’re a Fairy Godmother regardless of how you choose to present. The Fairy Godfather, for instance is female. It’s a title.

As a flower fairy you have an odd understanding of gender. The choice is made in character, whether you choose to wear a gown or a tunic, understanding that the humans will see the former as female and the latter as male and anything else will confuse them. So you can present as male or female or neither/both.

I’m looking at the artwork of Cicely Mary Barker for the inspiration for the sort of outfits you’ll be wearing. BUT your appearance should likely be up to yourself. I’ll admit I wasn’t imagining you being old like the Disney Fairygodmothers, nor like a child in the paintings I’ve seen of flower fairies.

Although I’m musing over whether I spoil the player’s own views of their character by specifying too much on appearance, other than your outfit choice, which is important.

You’re not a super-tiny Tinkerbell sized fairy either. You’re human sized for the mission, but certainly you can change your size normally.

Yes, you can look as a really cute guy, and be interacted with as such. Most people will treat you as a Fairy first though. Whether you’re presenting as male or female will affect who you can dance with. This Kingdom does not allow for men dancing with men, or women dancing with women, at their balls and that’s a thing you can discover, and question why.

This Kingdom has strange rules that make no sense. Men can only marry women. Men can only dance with women. Do not flout the gender rules, it is forbidden. There’s reasons for this. Some of it’s the Dragon’s fault.

So it might be that one of you is going to be forced to wear a dress in order to have a legitimate wedding in the eyes of the Kingdom. Dragon’s not going to mind so much if you ask him to, he’s a shapeshifter, his only issue is he’s very proud of his whiskers, and he’s not going to give those up for any wedding.

However you’re the most powerful person in the Kingdom, and no one is going to be able to stop you if you set about making some changes. (As long as those aren’t to Dragon’s whiskers, he’d definitely object.) They might disagree with you but there’s nothing they can really do about a determined Fairy Godmother.

So, you can most certainly end up with the dragon, and the two of you can go on to terrorise the world. There’s endings with all of the characters, apart from one of them, one character so far has been trying to run as far away from the Fairy Godmother as they can and absolutely refusing to have anything to do with them. I’m sure I’ll get that worked out though. Or their ending might just be you chasing after them while they yell “I don’t want a Happy Ever After go away!”

Yep! Precisely! The Fairy Godfather is not wise at all.

6 Likes

Exactly, who cares about boring mission briefings when we’ve got to pick both our human appearance and outfit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He can be a sexy guy with a nice moustache in a dress then, problem solved. :wink:

Do whatever you’re comfortable with as the author I’d say. Though since you’re going to describe the outfit include some nice boots, pretty please. :grin:

2 Likes

Soon!

I might be working on a silly demo, that’s a sort of tester for the stats, where you need to get dressed for your mission in a manner the Fairy Godfather approves of!

I am posting this here so I will be held accountable and actually end up posting this public instead of giving up.

I guess since dropbox no longer works proper I should probably sign up for Dashingdon. When I get back.

7 Likes

Bud vs. Full Bloom (Don’t know what stat that could be? Maybe the amount of good you’re doing?)

Sweet Pea vs Thistle (sweet nature vs. prickly)

Blossomed vs Wilted (Again, no idea what stats those would relate too? :smiley: )

2 Likes

Saw this and thought of you and your game.

4 Likes

I love Fairy so much… But the simple idea of being a flower fairy gives me headache…I HATE FAIRIES and all those glittery sugary beings.

1 Like

Did you not watch the video inspiration that I linked above?

You’re playing an immortal being, that lacks a human sense of ethics, and is the most powerful creature in the room. And you get to meddle in the lives of these mortals that you don’t particularly understand and there’s absolutely nothing they can do to stop you.

Fairies are creatures to be feared, even if they’re wrapped in flowers and glitter. They’re powerful, can be spiteful, and they’re utterly inhuman.

Remember what the fairy in Sleeping Beauty did just because she didn’t get an invite to a party.

And wishes can have a tendency to get twisted and go awry.

Almost everyone is going to be wary of the fairy (ha) and wondering why on earth you’re there, while doing their best not to make you mad enough that you decide to curse them just for the fun of it.

So yeah, it’s a silly game, and you play a silly fairy, but there’s other stuff going on as well.

Actually there’s a few dark things going on, and I’m touching on issues of consent, and true love, love at first sight, magic and the ethics thereof.

@Laguz Certain characters will be running away from that stork as fast as they can, screaming NOOOOO!!!

7 Likes

Yay! It’s back! :tada::fireworks:

This place could use more delightfully silly games. :grinning:

I hope there’s also some nice black leather to go with the flowers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Noooo! That would be so embarrassing, you show up to the Masquerade Ball only to discover someone else is dressed all in black leather just like you, and pulling it off far sexier than you ever could!

Flower Fairy’s outfit is completely vegan, and made of magical plant stuff. You get to pick the specifics of your outfit, which is what I’m currently working on. I’m hoping it doesn’t end up being a super-boring chargen. But, everything you have to pick from is plant themed. And it also has to meet the Fairy Godfather’s approval.

2 Likes

You know they can make some very good, very expensive artificial leathers from all vegan ingredients these days, don’t you?
My last boyfriend preferred them, the downside is that the good ones are even more expensive than the real, lambskin stuff, but I assume cost isn’t an issue for magical beings, right?

Feh, if I had magical powers I’d either make them less sexy, or seduce them in that case. Probably a coin toss as to which. I mean if they become my mc’s arm-candy then it’s okay. :yum:

2 Likes

Please, allow me preface this by saying I’m a very serious person. I like stories about pain and desperation, where by the end nobody’s sure who won and who lost, who was right and who was wrong, or if any of it even matters.

That said…

Oh em geeeeeeeee!

I can’t wait to be a fairy at the mortal’s ball. I’m gonna dress myself in a gown made of rose petals. Something daring, even proactive, but still just demure enough to hide my thorns. Then it’s off to the human’s party.

I honestly don’t know which idea is more fun, earnestly trying to help, but making perfectly innocent mistakes because silly human’s names for things, or deliberately causing as much mischief as I can.

Wheel

I wish you the best of luck.

Oh that wasn’t helpful at all was it. I do have stats ideas, but this thread is old so maybe you don’t need them anymore.

6 Likes