Fallen Lights (WIP)

This is a very nice start, and I’m very interested in seeing where it goes.

My only somewhat major complaint (and it’s not really major at all) is that I had chosen to feel sorry for Marcella about her room, but the game interpreted it as my MC actually going to rehouse her, although he’d definitely have been too scared of the queen to actively go against her word like that. :sweat_smile:

A few minor typos (click here)

Her long, black hair spilled over her shoulders in elegant curls and a golden crown fitted with saphires sat atop her head.

Should be “sapphires”

Kindly don’t leave the premesis without a guard or Captain Rhys. The queen fears you will get lost.

Should be “premises”.

You saw the section on magic which peaked your interest,

Should be “piqued”.

Your body coliided into another one, and when you opened your eyes you saw none other than Florian steadying himself and you both.

Should be “collided”.

You tried to grip the memories tighter, but the slipped from your grasp.

Should be “they”.

4 Likes

Very enjoyable! Excited for when the elven healer is introduced :wink:

2 Likes

Hey, thank you so much! I corrected those typos (really appreciate that btw!) and I actually added a choice to sympathize but not be brash and move her rooms yourself. It’ll be good for those not-so-impulsive MCs out there lol!

4 Likes

great story love all the characters can’t wait for the next update keep up the great work.

1 Like

I love the story so far, and I can’t wait to read more. Fantasy and politics are my bread and butter. Good Luck! : )

Few Questions:

1. Would it be possible to select our race e.g an elf, half-elf, human or other?
  2. Would it be possible for Florian to be gender selectable, as I would like to romance the heir to the thrown?
  3. If the answer to the previous question is no, can you still become monarch via a coup?
  4. Could you add a poly Female + Female relationship, as there is already a M+F and a M+M option? (If the answer to question 2 is a yes ignore this one)
4 Likes

i really love the game so far and i can’t wait to see more. i do have a question though.

Could there be an option where the MC is willing to let Ezrah go to Kesdon despite being hesitant to be left behind with their mother?

1 Like

Hi, thanks so much for the feedback!

So, due to ~plot reasons~ and the circumstances surrounding the birth and father of the main character, the race of human-ish is pretty locked in.
I’ve been toying around with the idea of making Florian gender selectable, but outside of that, you will have a couple of opportunities to become a monarch, actually.
Also, I’ve been considering adding another poly route as well between two specific female characters. No spoilers yet, I’ll have to see how it works out plot-wise, but it should be announced soon!

Again, thanks for the feedback and I’m so happy you’ve liked it so far!

19 Likes

I’m loving this so far! :slight_smile: I haven’t noticed any major flaws so far, which is pretty impressive for an early draft. Overall, this looks incredibly promising. Especially as I love high fantasy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The save bug is a Dashingdon issue. Just make sure you’re on a story page, when you load the save, and you’ll be fine. Never load whilst on a stat page, or similar. Always click ‘Return to Game’, before loading, if you’re not sure. I don’t know if there’s a problem with saving a game, whilst on a stat page but I know that the saves are ok if you save whilst on a story page.

If you just ‘save’, the default is always ‘save 0’. If you just ‘load’ the default is always your last save. If you want to save in a specific slot, be sure to choose that slot, eg ‘save 3’ before clicking save. If you want to load that specific slot, once again, be sure to choose that slot before clicking ‘load’

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply and enjoy the rest of your day. : )

I really like where this is going. We’ve only just met some of the characters but I already feel attached. I will protect Ezrah with my life, he’s such a good brother. Can’t wait to read more!

1 Like

Processing: Bildschirmaufnahme 2021-08-09 um 20.22.39.mov…

A familiar story with a fresh feeling to it. A good stat spread for each attribute, and characters from multiple backgrounds interacting with the Mc from the age of a child growing into an adult.
I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this one and hope it goes well for you.

1 Like

Well that was interesting to read. The characters so far feel organic and I’ve enjoyed the story so far. Look forward to keep on reading the story.

1 Like

This was fun to read! Looking forward to it!

Also, I found a typo.

I believe it should be "anything"

2 Likes

Like it so far, can’t wait for more. Great work :+1:

1 Like

I love the plot the way you introduce the characters I love everything I even love the story

1 Like

This is an interesting beginning. Though I wish we had shyer option for the MC so far I get the feel we are suppose to be quite confident.

Also here I found some typos and double words

Summary

2 Likes

Aw I wanted to practice some magic, good demo though - I like the brother and the other characters. Is it possible to have some weapon training while studying magic?

1 Like

Would be nice if there is mff poly.
Anyway the game is good so far