Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

I…love it that is all :slight_smile:

So when I played through the first time (in quite a while anyway), it seemed odd that a character who has a natural advantage at psychological warfare would even think about fighting physically, however when the armor comes to play, I couldn’t help get excited for the future. I get to be an evil Ironman with psychic powers and a cape!

And when I got the evil plan options, at first I felt None of the options really fit me, because if I had mind powers and if I were evil, I’d probably be living in Paradise, making a fortune off subtle manipulations. Or I’d go full out Purple-man, by which I mean go completely insane and fixated on what I don’t currently have, crushing the lives of bystanders with every step towards my goal (I’d hope for option 1, though). But after thinking about the options, I decided I really would like to teach those Rangers a lesson. Because, seriously, , right?

2 Likes

Excellently structured feedback there, I dare say. :relaxed:

So much unlike the kind you get from a microphone that decides to have a roundhouse kind of out-of-control brief relationship with a nearby speaker, involving acoustic waves, celery and a spiffy pike helmet… :neutral_face:

4 Likes

78 likes in two days speaks for itself :wink:
Glad to see you back :blush:

“I spoke to God today and she said that she’s ashamed. What have I become and what have I done? I spoke to the devil today and he swears he’s not to blame. And I understood because I feel the same. Arms wide open, I stand alone. I’m no hero and I’m not made of stone. Right or wrong? I can hardly tell. I’m on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side,the righteous side of hell.”

Never before have I felt a song fits a story so perfectly.

15 Likes

Yeyyy~! It’s back agin~!

Once again, thank you for all the kind comments! I’m kinda floored here. Also, thanks to @Zolataya and others excellent feedback, there will be some rewrites to make the story fit better with what I have intended. Hopefully that will make motivations and choices make a little more sense, even though I know I can’t please everyone.

Expect a new update friday night with the changes, and you will get to suit up for the first time and try your baby out.

Time to get this show on the road.

20 Likes

I was wondering if we will get the option to have our own sidekick/romance which could be a way to let the player see how they feel about sidekicks in general aka, don’t want to bring someone down with them, don’t want them getting in the way or even just have someone to talk too without putting their mind in a body (If the player chooses to keep themself separate from their sidekick)and hopefully love/befriend them and not a lie the player has woven to make people accept like Boris/Rosie, Ortega and the mad scientist.

1 Like

Hey! Nice to see an update!!! SO nice! There isn’t as much additional content as I’d perhaps -hoped-… but having a tasty tidbit sates the appetite somewhat.

I just really have an affinity for this game- I feel quite a lot like the MC, m’self. With the story length as a consideration, it almost seems like merely making it through the ‘grand opening’ will be the end of the game- but will it? How far through the story are we, %-wise?

To note- there are a couple of places where, after choosing Ortega to be female while playing a male MC, Ortega is referred to as ‘him’. There are a couple other small spelling/grammar mistakes; but through the whole story I’d have a finger or two left over after counting them all- at least on my playthrough. I wasn’t strongly keeping track on where.

I love the writing style. Sincerely, I do. You’re incredibly engaging to the reader; and it’s my consideration that you’ve a deep understanding of humanity which you place into your writing.

This was the first wip I ever played here way back when and it has a special place in my cold black heart. So excited to see you writing again. I’ve never identified with a choice mc as much as with this one. Love your writing style. Haven’t even played the update yet, I just had to let you know how happy I am to see you again.

1 Like

Awesome! Im new to the forums but i really really love this WIP! Btw, just a random question, will we get to play more of a Antihero, (Maybe thats not the best way to describe it but) I would love to be able to get involved with other villians in this world.(Help or hinder them, or both.) (For instance get involve in a fight between the Rangers and (Insert villian) And actually help Ortega and her friends? (or help the villian) I would like the MC Still be rather brutal with tactics and still be not quite a hero but be able to get involved because the MC cares for his old partner? (Or because he wants a villians help?)

Also when i think of going down the pure villian route all i can think about is this song XD lol

Alright now that I have had a chance to play the update I can leave some real feedback.

I think that the robbery choice at the museum felt out of character for the mc. We haven’t really cared about money to much up to this point. Perhaps if you wanted a less confrontational option you could go with something along the lines of exposing the hypocrisy without destruction. Super evil graffiti maybe?

I also got a bit confused during Argent’s memory of her conversation with Ortega, who was female in my play through. The conversing female pronouns forced me to reread the page to figure out who was saying what. A couple more proper names might make this flow a little better.

Other than my nitpicking I think the update is very well written and I’m excited for more.

2 Likes

I’m so excited for what lies ahead. Soooooooo excited. :heart:

3 Likes

PLEASE keep working on this! I’ve been following it for a long time!

Is it sad that I have that “Here Lies Everything” song from Dr. Horrible in my head when I walk away from Ortega? Damn, my feels.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’ve decided to start working on this again. It’s seems like it’s going to be an excellent game.

HOLY SHIT YOU’RE RIGHT… Oh man DR HORRIBLE FEELS about Our Fallen Hero… Shit now i have to listen to some songs… Steel or Marshal was it? Strong jawed bastard we hate in this game is clearly Captain Hammer.

Awww i hope i don’t end up killing Ortega with my suit…

Edit: The song is called “Everything You Ever” by the way.

And I got my update up on friday as promised, though it is a bit shorter than I liked. Work has been crazy, and the next leg of our antihero’s journey is a long and big one. Can’t post that halfway through.

Now you lot has made me wan to watch Dr Horrible again…

11 Likes

So, a few more thoughts.
Dialogue with Ortega? It played into my PC’s liking of her, and deep wanting to open up at least a little, while also mantaining strict, cold practical anonymity and still making as few lies as he could, because from his perspective lies are hard to remember and sell, and truth makes others believe you more. He got Ortega to understand him, got a few good things going on, got a little better himself because he finally voiced some of his frustrations. I can think of hothing that made dialogue bad, and it was awkward in a very natural way: his need of secrecy, his burning desire to somehow still be friends with Ortega, and her pushy-touchy-sad attiture about him.

Once more, I really, really love how you highlight and accent choices and make them seem like they’re only choices that character could’ve made. If I choose secrecy or restraint, you comment that it’s good and thoughtful to be smart about your actions, if I let him sometimes be rash, you add feeling that he’s a human after all, and sometimes he snaps, making me connect with PC more.

I also wanted to ask, do you plan to finish your story and publish game some time soon?

MISTYPE: Start of the game, first Herald appearance: “I’m pObably more durable”.

1 Like

I think it should be “were” here:

You was not sure that Ortega could look more annoyed, but there you have it.