Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

Some become the villain because they enjoy it.

Others become the villain to show that ideals are nothing but delusions.

It’s only a matter of preference, dear friend.

1 Like

Will gender come into play at all during character naming via the newspaper?

I ask, because, would it be a viable method of confusion to name your evil persona as another gender?

Example being female MC calling themselves ‘Mister Sinister’ (lol, i dunno).

…okay coding won’t spread that far.

But the outfits aren’t gender tailored, correct?

(I’d hope so at least. Breast plates shaped like actual breasts are very not-smart. One bullet in the right place and the entire outfit goes splat)

Which leads to another thought- Mortum must then know MC’s physical specifications.

…I feel like this could come into play too.

2 Likes

@Interestedparty - I mixed up the code for Ortega’s pronouns with Dr. Mortum’s… so thanks for spotting that :slight_smile:

So many pronoun codes!

@Interestedparty - So, now this whole thing has sparked an entirely different little tangent of reasoning… ehehe way to make more work for myself.

1 Like

I’m hyped for this entire trilogy I decided to go with mysterious cape with telekinesis boots and armour while naming myself reaper since my enemies will only see their reflection as they die by my hands as their attacks do nothing to harm me or force them to kill their allies since when the reaper appears people will die and it’s up to the heroes to keep the death count low. Also @malinryden will we be able to improve our suit and chosen abilities later to be able to reach thanos/darksid levels of power like tanking a nuke or mind controlling a million minds with ease

I’m wondering, is there any benefit to trying to hide our villain’s telepathic powers by using them only when absolutely necessary?

8 Likes

Suspicion I guess?

I try to imagine this:

Ortega be a suspicious person

Ortega meets MC, who they thought died! Le gasp!

MC says they still have powers.

MC goes twiddling through someones head.

Ortega notes this.

Sudden bad telepathic person comes- just as they’ve seen MC again.

MC also being evasive and sketchy.

Ortega thinky-thinks.

HUM.

9 Likes

You all are very lucky the Rangers don’t have a Batman…

17 Likes

Question- if MC as the villian shows their telepathic powers, could the Rangers possibly attribute the villian to being the one who attacked Angie?

But then what happens if MC went and made Angie think it was Locust…

…yes, we would be very unlucky with a Batman.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your publishing deal, Malin! A part of me is hoping it’s with Ylva or Bella, but I don’t want to pigeon-hole you into any specific subgenres, even if they happen to be where I live. +laugh+ Your characterizations are so textured in this game, though, that I can only imagine what you’ll be able to do when you don’t have to worry about what we’ll do with the choices you give us. Please update your post when you can say more about your future book, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble. I’m interested!

1 Like

So…hide telepathic powers at all cost. Got it.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a benefit to hiding our powers, but I was playing to theme when I chose actions that would hide mine in villain form. It’d be nice if we got some sort of bonus for that, though!

Also, I’m hoping that there’s a way to make my body double Dylan take the fall as the villain if it comes down to it. Nothing like breaking a person’s soul by having them fall in love with a dead body they think is the villain, let them grieve, allow themselves to fall in love with you once again, then resurface as the villain to crush her soul again.

When I’m done with Ortega, she’s going to be so emotionally crushed I’ll just be able to walk past her crumpled over form while dispatching the rest of her team.

5 Likes

Found a typo if you choose to use the meat puppet to confront Female!Ortega over her feelings for you:

The last one should read: “I want her to be lying,”

I want to know if we will
be able to Improve our suit and tech to be able to do crazy things like withstand a nuke/super powered punch or control a massive army through telekinesis with ease

1 Like

And then everyone gets waaaaayy too hyperactive!

THANK YOU! YOU’RE FABULOUS! ^^ XD

Done. But it doesn’t need to be a moderator for the thread title. It can be any forum member with Regular status.

Okay, I just failed so… :slight_smile:

Now it is fixed anyway! Ty!

1 Like

All the things on my birthday. :heart:

Just something I noted- if you kiss Ortega and you chose a short stature for your puppet, you’re still noted as ‘too tall’ (Ortega is male, puppet female in my current state, if that changes anything). Is this a mistake, or is MC just really short? ^^

I need to check that out, that sounds wrong… but it’s a bloody maze in that kissing scene. Good spotting!

EDIT: Found it. I must have accidentally deleted the female puppet variable for when Ortega is a dude. Will be back next update.

2 Likes