Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

There’s a good Heartbreak Scar guide in the achievements and gameplay thread (that got locked for some reason? :weary:):

4 Likes

Thank you! I went to that thread first but saw that it was closed so ended up here :sweat_smile:
Thank you this guide was very helpful!

2 Likes

Hello, newbie here!

I have bought the game last week and I have been replaying it over and over again in order to achieve all the achievements, which is made easier by the fact this game is the best. I cannot play ordinary video games due to my severe anxiety that makes them a completely tense and nerve-wracking experience for me, so games like these are very important and enjoyable to me. I cannot wait to read the next three books (I have replayed the Retribution demo so many times trying to find all the possible routes)!

That being said, I would like to give the solution of a Rebirth game achievement: Running for It, because I believe no one has mentioned it so far? As I said, I am trying to collect all 650 achievements (only 3 to go!), and this achievement was one that stumped me for so long because I couldn’t find it anywhere. Imagine my surprise when I unexpectedly get it while trying to obtain Spoils of War achievement lol

(I was going to put it in ‘achievement and gameplay questions’ thread, but apparently, it was closed in December '19? So I figured this place would have to do.)

Sadly, I am yet to be able to replicate the circumstances that led me to it. However, I will do my best to describe what I can remember.

How to Get 'Running for It' Achievement
  • Avoid all injury while fighting: look for Still Got It achievement in order to find out how to do it

Sidenote: With Still Got It, you have to be very careful when fighting Ortega. It seems like avoiding damage to your uniform (‘be cautious’ or ‘press your advantage’) means you HAVE to be between certain attribute percentages. Any higher or lower, you will get damage.

Example: I had my daring at 71%, so I thought I would come out without damage if choosing ‘press your advantage’ (50-65% Daring). WRONG. I got damaged (10%). Yikes. You have to keep an eye out on it.

• When in the sewers, you have to find Lady Argent before she finds you. It will depend on your level of damage and whether you chose to be ‘slow and careful’ or ‘hurry’. I believe I chose the former. You will then be given the choice between ‘Ambush’ or ‘Run’. Choose ‘Run’.

• I don’t think I had the ‘Speed’ enhancement in that playthrough, because I mentioned above, I was trying to obtain Spoils of War achievement (Lady Argent taking your cape). That means speed is not required in order to outrun her. After all, Sidestep mentions they know where they are going better than Lady Argent. She will, however, declare you a cheater at the end of it (running away is cheating, apparently).

This forum has helped me achieve many of these achievements, so it’s only fair that I help everyone out as much as they did. You guys are the MVPs! Thank you so much!

10 Likes

So I’m setting up the Retribution demo, but I keep loosing the money I robbed. Which choices affect this? Thanks.

1 Like

In the open demo, it’s not possible to keep the money. It’s not possible to exactly re-create all choices from book 1. It’ll be fixed in the final version once the main plot is fleshed out, and Malin goes back to pencil in the little details.

3 Likes

Hey guys! I’m terribly sorry to bother, but I have a question. I have only one achievement left and I can’t seem to get it, no matter what I do. How do I get Scarface? I followed several paths, that people here, or on the achievement thread, posted, but I just always win, even if I try really hard not to. Could someone please show me the code, or give me step by step instructions? It just really bothers me, that I don’t have it. Sorry again!

1 Like

so you checked in this locked old thread? here: Fallen Hero: Rebirth - achievements and gameplay questions

Scare face achievement is tied to the fight against Argent down in the sewer . So you have to kinda lose, that mean do not use telepathie against her , do not use the trap in her mind, and fight her with your fist . Did you try strenght + Speed?

2 Likes

Yep, I checked there. I guess I’ll just try it again. I didn’t do speed+strength yet. Thanks. :blush:

1 Like

I’ve been chatting a bit in the thread for Retribution, but I’d like to ask some romance related questions specifically about Rebirth, so I won’t “pollute” the other thread with that!

I spoiler tag most things here I guess since well, I have to explain what I’m doing for it to make sense.
So, as some of you may know from the other thread, I only follow one romance, only with the main body. And that’s Ortega.
With that out of the way, here’s my approach on that romance:

My MC is on the most shy and gentle side possible, for this game, always trying to avoid casualties and not causing unnecessary destruction unless it’s his direct plan. He had a crush on Ortega in the past, but never got the courage to do anything about that. In the present, he couldn’t help himself and got closer to him, agreeing on meeting, agreeing on seeing someone about his problems in the future and so on. He also got friendly with him with the puppet, but refused all flirting adamantly. At the end of the game, he avoided hurting Ortega more than necessary, and went to see him at the hospital. They talked, and at the end, he kissed him on the forehead, and retreated quickly, wondering why the heck did he do that.

So, the questions!

• First is something that made me very confused, about the relationship status with Ortega during the course of the game. At the beginning of the game, I chose for him to have considered Ortega a friend, but not wanting anything more than that because he was affraid of letting people in, which set the relationship as “friends”. Later, the MC wonders if he truly felt friendship for Ortega, and the game gives me the opportunity to select that he actually had a crush on him, which I did, followed by a single possible choice because of my previous answers - that he didn’t tell anything about it since he was affraid and didn’t want to risk that friendship. That changed the relationship to “secret crush”. So far so sensible. But some time later - I believe in the chapter following the one where you can “help” Lady Argent by going into her mind - the relationship goes back to “friends” and I’m not exactly sure why or what choice did that. After that, I’m really unsure if the game considers the crush to actually be a thing or not - it would be weird for it to revert back, but honestly most of the dialogue seems to only be about friendship, except the part when you go at the hospital to see Ortega and kiss him (on the forehead in this case, as I said) - the game will say something along the lines of “despite wanting to push down the feelings”. All that stuff ended up trasforming the relationship into “it’s complicated”. Is the status going back and forth from “friends” to “secret crush” to “friends” to “it’s complicated” because the main character actually forces himself to think of it as friendship if you follow that route, even if he KNOWS it’s more than that, or is it some kind of weird bug or something? I’m mostly curious about the thing reverting from “secret crush” to “friends”.

• Still on that matter, the game awarded me with the “It’s Complicated” achievement, which Steam describes as " Do you even want a relationship?" and the game itself as “You need to stay away from Ortega, yet you keep getting closer.”… Steam makes it sound as if I ended without romance - which is technically true I guess, but… aaah… I guess describing it as “it’s complicated” is exactly that… Still, can someone explain me exactly what is this achievement about. Especially since the descriptions given by Steam and the game seem a bit opposed to each other in meaning and implications.

• Okay, that one is straightforward! With my current ending setup with Ortega, it IS possible to pursue that relationship in the second game, right? I didn’t lock myself out of anything? I mean, with how my MC is, it’s logical he acts the way he did…

• Ortega is on very friendly terms with the puppet, since my MC can’t help himself about getting close, but always refused flirting (he also refuses it with the doc, but keeps strictly professional with him). To the point that when the puppet found himself “abandonned” in the museum chaos, Ortega, who had seen him enter, made his way to him and actually saved him. And at the hospital, once the MC in his true body was gone, he went to see if the puppet was okay and they talked and stuff. And it was revealed he seems to dream, which is concerning, but oh well… Do you think this friendship could be problematic for the future romance I aim for? I’m still unsure about how far should I go with that and where to draw the lines.

I think that’s it on the matter. But I’d also like to ask one unrelated question since I’m at it!
It’s about another achievement: “One More Day”. How do I get that? Steam describes it as "Sometimes, that’s all you can focus on, and that doesn’t help me AT ALL in knowing what it is and how to get it…

Thanks!

3 Likes
  1. I think the choice that send you back to friends might have been the park scene where Ortega asks you to see a therapist. If you agreed to see the therapist, then you get a boost to your relationship with Ortega. If you were romantic with them earlier in the flashbacks, then you’re put in the “it’s complicated” status, but if you have any other history with them, including a secret crush, you get put into the friends category. It’s probably a small oversight that it’s not accounting for secret crushes, but I don’t think it affects anything.

2. “It’s Complicated” is just the Steam achievement for fully romancing Ortega, and it’s called that mainly because everything about Sidestep is complicated, and Sidestep doesn’t really know what they want, they just can’t stay away from Ortega.

3. Yeah, I’m pretty sure you’re fine to romance Ortega next game. Between the kiss and the “It’s Complicated,” I think you’ve got just about every romance trigger for Ortega there is.

4. I mean, it’s complicated, but everything about the MC is anyways. I don’t think it should interfere too much in your relationship. I think if Ortega ever has to choose between the Puppet and Sidestep, they choose Sidestep every time.

As for “One More Day”, it’s an achievement for coming out of the Heartbreak Incident as suicidal. You can get it by either attempting to shoot yourself during the nightmare, or by letting the psychic target your despair.

Hope that helps!

4 Likes

That helps a lot! Thanks!
Well, if these choices are good enough for that romance, then I’m happy with it, no need to change any.

I’d like more details on the One More Day if you remember how to do that though, if you don’t mind.

I don’t remember all the details of the HB incident, but from what I recall, the MC always ended up running through the window. For the love of me I can’t recall the choices avaible during that part, so I don’t really know how to make it vary / if it depends on other choices done during the game or the MCs personality at that point. I kind of want to try it out since it would fit my MC. Mostly interested in the option about shooting, but I guess any would work.

2 Likes

Sure, I normally go for One More Day for my Sidestep, so I always have to remember how to get it. There are two ways that I know of during the final Heartbreak dream sequence, I think starting right after you enter the final room.

1. #No. I’m too clever to let that happen. My mind is finally my own.
    #My feelings—emotions—can be confusing, and I don’t need them to win.
    #Despair…I’m no stranger to wishing I could disappear.

From here, you can pretty much do anything and remain suicidal. You can till try to shoot yourself by either directly choosing to shoot yourself, or you can shoot the psychic and keep shooting, eventually having you turn the gun on yourself.

1. #No. I’m stronger than this, I won’t risk letting it in.
    #I keep moving to handle the threat, protecting my mind as best I can.
    #Any option
    #I slowly raise the gun towards my mouth.

This one is a little more finicky, you have to directly shoot yourself in this path to get One More Day.

7 Likes

Okay, thanks! No wonder I never got it!
Regardless of my preference for shooting or despair, DEFINITELY the second method for me. First one doesn’t fit my MC at all, answers wise.

Again, thank you SO MUCH!

3 Likes

the game is still being worked on . And no, asking when it is out is against the rules . It will be out, when it is ready .

3 Likes

Sorry, I just finished the demo and now I’m on the bench as well,

2 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and say that I am absolutely in love with this game. I’ve played through it and the book 2 demo several times already, and just WOW. I am really floored by the depth of the gameplay, and the sheer personality that comes through from the MC (especially with the range of choices available for them.) Can’t wait to see what you have in store for the series.

5 Likes

Malin is working to achieve the game’s beta, maybe it will be finished by the end of August or mid September (This is my guess. Don’t take it for granted.).

4 Likes

Working on beta already? Wow, Malin works fast.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I think the beta will be here soon

2 Likes

I have played the demo countless times and it doesn’t become boring in the slightest. (I like it how MC is still thinking of Ortega even if they’re a ghost in the past😆)
I have to admit I like the rebirth better than the demo. That being said, I can’t wait for the release of book two.
I think book two will end with a cliffhanger (when MC reveals their identity). But it’s just my guess.

3 Likes