Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

SO I just read the spoiler Malin posted about the nanosurge and now I’m in tears. But they’re good tears (maybe, I mean, I think).

But it’s got me thinking about how this event changed Sidestep as a person and a hero/eventual villain. Was this the first major growth of their powers? I’m guessing it was. I’m also guessing this is when things started to get more complicated for Sidestep, because this has to be the moment the farm started to take a real interest in them. I mean, maybe it wasn’t, maybe they already knew who Sidestep was, but if they didn’t this has got to be when the government went “who is this?” and started to do some research of their own.

Here’s the link if y’all wanna read it:

12 Likes

What do you need to do to get argent to steal the cape? I assume you have the screw up the fight but every time I do I wind up using telepathy and she calls me a cheater

1 Like

Lady Argent has done nothing wrong. Ever. :heart_eyes:

That’s what I love about this game, there’s not a single character I feel “meh” about. You could RP your villain as liking or hating any of them and there will be a reason that makes sense.

LMAO, yes. What a way to start the morning. I don’t know how I’m going to survive book 2.

6 Likes

Damn, i kinda hoped those nanovores would kill faster that is just bad design skill unless it was intended result…
And did they just melt flesh or collected for more nefarious propse (like collectors from ME2)

1 Like

a) Not half as gorgeous as Herald (at least to me). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And

b) Unless the farm really did punish the mc by making them uglier it seems to be more of a self-esteem and, in the present-day lack of taking proper care of his original body issue. Again, if you make your puppet look like young mc they are repeatedly noted to be very attractive, perhaps even model level cute.
That said assuming the mc is a re-gene they may indeed have those ugly re-gene markings everywhere but on their head, neck, hands and part of their forearms. We just don’t know at the moment.
From the text of the game itself the mc may be holding themselves to a “stereotypical” ideal of the perfect man or woman that they obviously do not fit. Male mc seems to mainly lament that he isn’t tall, muscular and square-jawed, but the fact that their body may be more slender and androgynous has, in and of itself, not much to do with physical attractiveness per se.

4 Likes

As if reason would stop MC from being jealous… (and the worst crime is and stays the theft of MC’s cape anyway… and that she is just rude… and so full of confidence…and that she doesn’t even seem to consider that MC is the one who controlled her)

6 Likes

I would think Argent is just naive, not rude…

I thought MC is wearing helmet or mask ? so there is no way our look can be exposed … :thinking:

just don’t pick a cape then :yum:

wonder what everyone think of Steel . I mean when it come to powers . Make me think , he maybe the one that be the hardest to take down . Unless MC find a weakness that we can use against him .

I will repeat myself:

and/or hateful.

Interpretation. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

The weakness is friendship

3 Likes

huh…what friendship ? Steel come off as your boring military dude that know no tact , a bit on the overprotective side and it make him a jerk .

Unless you mean MC become his friend or something? Brrr…hope not . Of all the ranger , he is the one I can’t stand .

And stairs.

(and if we are serious for a moment, speed probably too)

You certainly don’t need to, but if you want to a friendship and a romance path for him are planned.

4 Likes

well steel does have lot of metal parts…and mc just happens to have swarm of metal eating bots
Or get one big ass magnet

9 Likes

LOL that’s true…

So throw him at sea and watch him sink ! :grin:

2 Likes

that’s fine , I’m sure lot of peoples like him . I don’t…I’m team Julia :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I think his legs are made of metal…

and his hands too maybe?

Yeah, the MC can become his friend. Which I’m excited about. (You don’t have to though!) I just really like befriending people (in real life and in games). Plus it’s more angsty this way. (That being said, you could always befriend Steel as a manipulative tactic.)

2 Likes

He is really hard to befreind though . The way he act…make me wonder how will the MC (that choose to) will break down that mistrust he has for the MC .

I won’t of course , but I’m curious though . :thinking:

1 Like

Well there has to be some more metal inside like heart lungs and other mildy important organs or some generators showed in between