Fallen Hero 2 Theories and Wishlists

Thanks thought it’d be a cool Idea since telepathy of the PC’s caliber is so rare in this universe that I was wondering if there were enough people of that power level to compete with the PC. (also awesome screen name mate one of my favorite characters :wink: )

A telepathic showdown would really be an opportunity for the MC to grow as a telepath, and telepaths being so rare I really want to see the MC reaction to facing one.
(Yes, one of my favorite character too. I really watched that movie so many times…)

2 Likes

I for one am extremely excited to see the MC try to juggle more balls, so to speak. Putting them into tight spaces or awkward situations and watching them try to scramble out is my bread and butter! The second-hand embarrassment keeps me alive tbh. Also very excited to see the true scope of the MC’s powers. I really want to see what they can do with our apparently advanced telepathy powers! :smile:

4 Likes

Above all else, I’m looking forward to the explanation of why the MC is so hell bent on becoming a “Villain”. “Hero” and “Villain” are just titles; the MC is first and foremost a person with a goal and working towards that goal. So what exactly is their plan, and why is breaking the law and antagonizing the Rangers such an important part of it?

At the risk of making the MC too OP, I’d like the chance to further upgrade our telepathy (not the suit) so that it can be used no matter which meatbag we’re currently inhabiting. That way MC can lay down even more false trails and if necessary abandon their original body. Pilot the suit using puppet to give their Sidestep identity an alibi.

Also having and getting over an identity crisis. Personally I sort of want my MC to let go of biological factors like race, gender, and being a Re-gene; and self-identify as just a focused stream of consciousness and personality. A ‘soul’, one could say. They are, after all, already a body-jumping mind-controller.

And of course more cloak-and-dagger maneuvers against the Farm, the chance to use mind-reading powers to investigate sneakily, the chance to win Ortega over without exposing MC’s true identity.

In part 1, how exactly did the Farm notice MC? The actions that trigger it is being wounded by the Re-gene and sparing them.
Does the Farm collect and test every blood sample they come across? Is not killing a Re-gene that suspicious of an act? Or was it the anonymous phone call that tipped them off and put them on their guard?
And if the Farm is this level of paranoid, how could we possibly hide from them now that they are actively searching for us?

6 Likes

That is interesting, the bit about the farm. To add on to that idea, I’d like the ability to get a mole through telepathic manipulations.

And a totally unrelated idea, getting a sidekick or getting stronger in order to handle several enemies at once.

1. I’d like to be able to permanently neutralize Steel
  2. I want to see Psychopathor making a comeback, and to finally meet Locus. Aside from that, there aren’t many heroes and villains in the game, so perhaps adding one or two would be awesome
  3. I’d like the ability to use my weapon of choice, instead of hand-to-hand combat. The Psychopathor has a cool plasma cannon, why can’t we have one of those? Not necessarily a plasma cannon, there are many more possibilities. Since my character has an exoskeleton, melee weapons could work.
5 Likes

I want to read on Herald’s “obsession” (I use the word obsession loosely here, folks) with Sidestep. Like I think Ortega said something about Herald looking up to MC and I’ve been dying to know what that is all about. I really see Herald as this little baby boy (brain, why do you make weird assumptions) and he’s waaay younger than MC (I think? or are they around the same age?) and it’s kind of like a brother-sister thing in my mind. Yes, an exploration of a Herald path would be really nice. UwU

4 Likes

I think Maylins said somewhere on tumblr that the Psychopathor will appear again in the next game

Ok, thanks for the information. I don’t have tumblr so I wouldn’t know

How long can we fake it?
How antagonistic should we be?
Who do we love?
What do we care about?

Are we the the Villain or the Hero of a different cause?

2 Likes

I like to think my MC is doing an ‘being evil out of necessity’ not desire or want .

Summary

I also hope we find out who was ‘that women from the flash back’ . And that if our puppet wake up , we can release them for good .

2 Likes

Depends on the MC, are we lashing out for our own control, or fighting so others won’t be controlled?

Which is pretty ironic considering our power.

The-Puppet-Master or One-Who-Cuts-The-Strings

2 Likes

In the case of MC and your question , my answer is probably a bit of both . If MC was abused , tortured , locked then usually victims will often be robbed of free will and will want it back . And to fights back so others can’t be controlled…is the past , sidestep that cannot be erased .

3 Likes

Also when people experience such abuse there can be misdirection lashing out towards loved ones and even innocents. That anger, that hate is sort of the person trying to heal, trying to get a grasp with what was done to them. And anger from abuse can turn either inwards or outwards. When it is inwards it manifests in self-destructive behaviour. So to stop that the person unaware will turn that rage outwards to a target which has the risk of ending up causing abuse to others.

And a need for control in this case can often come from the person’s psyche trying to deal with a pathological world and thus trying to “control” the environment, people etc to feel “safe” again.

7 Likes

This turned out longer than intended. I am sorry I do not know how to condense the post.

At least from my take on it, the MC seems to be the result of the Farm’s attempt to make a telepathic Operative. But in continuously connecting with others, he formed his own ego by chance, this I get from “forming a corner of resolve” from the Heartbreak scene.

The telepath met during the Heartbreak incident was another failed attempt by the Farm, though it could be considered more successful strictly in terms of power of telepath created. The rogue telepath “gifted” his “fellow graduate” more power, by breaking his personality/ego/mind(?), removing the limits of a single mind. Maybe their revenge against the Farm, as the MC seems built around this one goal.

This is why the MC seems more like a manager of his personalities than the owner. They put together the fragments after the break, and is attempting to have them function like normal people. Think of a shattered mirror, with the pieces put back together in haphazard ways. Broken pieces, hard edges, and “nothing fits right”.

Wish list: I would like to see a limited management system for your mercenary and underlings. Invest time and money to make a hardened strikeforce like the Operatives or Rangers with suits, tech, and powers. Or human wave tactics with your telepathic abilities, not caring for casualties because you could always find more. As a great man once said, “I sent wave afternwave of my own men at them…”.

It makes me smile thinking of the MC making his own perverted parody of the Rangers to use as the villain. Almost an unconscious yearning for what was in the past.

9 Likes

The number one thing I want is just more! I think @malinryden did a wonderful job with the first book. I loved the interpersonal drama. The moments with Ortega and the puppet, and those lines getting all blurry have been killing me (in the best possible way) since beta.

If I had to pick a few things I fantasize about seeing in future games I’d go with…

An exploration where the mc came from. A nice long detailed flashback would be great especially if it tied in to something in the present action. Maybe a character from her time on the farm comes back into her present life. Something like that. I know we’ve had hints, but they just make me tingle and want more.

I guess I’d also like to see the mc suffer a major reverse of some kind. Get trapped in her puppet? Lose her powers maybe? Not that. I’m not sure. But something. Something to either be her turning point back to the good, or to really propel her into darkness.

Like I said though I trust the author. I’m sure whatever she comes up with will be exactly right.

7 Likes

I think so to since he keeps having dreams and it keeps talking to him maybe in revolution well get the awnser or retribution atleast

Nah, Steel is kinda cool in his own way. If my mc wanted to use the tactics of fear he’d go after Argent, target the strongest link, instead. So I’m guessing I might be asking for the opportunity to take out Argent permanently in order to mess with the Rangers, but particularly Herald.

Does anyone else feel that the telepath that disappeared (forget her name) that Argent blamed for the body takeover was snatched by the Farm? Seeing as telepaths are rare finds.

6 Likes

That is a likely possibility, either that or she is with Hollow Ground by choice or not

2 Likes