Evolved (Working title) WIP

That’s what I’m going for with the setting and tbh I’ve never watched any of the original Mad Max films (Unless you count like half of the first one on T.V one time), I’ll probably check them out sometime.
Also, I’ll change the description and just simplify it a bit, thanks.

@Mr_Popo, you’ve never seen the original mad max movies??? Don’t you feel a chunk of your soul missing?

If you watch Fury Road first, you’ll expect the first to be something that it’s not. The first was about Max, a cop, trying to deal with some gangs who are becoming increasingly dangerous. The world as they know it is declining, things are starting to become a little worn out looking, but the movie provides no explanation.

The Road Warrior takes place after civilization has been pretty much demolished. Only small groups of survivors and asshole gangs remain. This one begins with an explanation to the shit that they didn’t explain in the first. This one’s my personal favorite. Max comes upon a settlement being terrorized by a big ass gang, trying to knock down their walls. Max hatches a plan to save the innocents, and kick some gang asshole ass.

Thunderdome comes next. I personally didn’t care much for this one, they just sort of lost focus of all the gritty stuff that made the previous movies successful, hence the delay in sequel. Max’s trademark badass-mobile is stolen from him, and he finds a town which resolves issues through gladiatorial battles in a big iron cage with bungee cords and blunt weapons. He escapes after being forced to do some manual labor with low pay and stooping to the lowest of comebacks he can think of. He also finds a survivor group completely composed of minors who think he’s the apocalypse equivalent of Santa Claus. Once you get past some of that and focus on some of the fights it’s alright, I guess.

Oh, and spoiler alert.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen Fury Road but haven’t had a chance watch the originals (reason above) although I really want to.

Oh and spoiler alert.
I really don’t care for spoilers :wink: