Enigma: The Pied Piper (updated 7/9/21)

I just finished adding Chapter 2.

Chapter 2 is more puzzle related without any relation to the stats. It’s all about you deciphering the facts placed in front of you.

I’ve introduced the concept of Victory points which can be earned with each correct deduction and will allow you to increase chosen stats in critical moments and win you hidden achievements. If that isn’t enough motivation then there is the fact that these points are an office thing, scores and tally maintained by your coworkers to gauge the rivalry between you and Agent P Flynn. :wink:

Let me know if the answers are hard to find or if it’s a little too complicated or too easy even.
Then there’s the usual grammatical errors which I’ve tried to edit through and also I need tips on my writing. Let me know where there’s room for improvement.

Also I finished adding the save system.

14 Likes

this is a great demo so far, cant wait to see some more!

1 Like

Could you add “ear length” to the hair options? “Pixie cut” generally refers to a specific women’s hairstyle.

Also I thought the mc was mute since they didn’t talk for quite a lot of pages lol

1 Like

Really? Man am I an idiot…Would you be kind enough to highlight the parts for me?

I think I added a crew cut option? But sure if you want ear length I’ll add it to the next update.

Hey really enjoying the story, I was playing through and found that the picture for the file on the dollmaker case isn’t popping up.

Fixed it just now, thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

Crew cut is an above ear style where you shave the sides in a fade and keep the top short (1~2 inches).

As for mc dialogue, every interaction they did was non verbal up until they first spoke in

“Six… her life hadn’t even begun.”

The words slip out of your mouth and yet they feel foreign to you.

Before that line, whenever mc’s friends spoke to them mc never answered verbally. Just nodded and smiled or glared. Just look at every instance where a question or comment was directed at mc up until that point.

I would’ve quite liked a mute mc, nonverbal mcs are very rare in cyoa.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.