Enforcers of Magic : Hope [THREAD MOVED]

You can blur text by highlighting whatever text you want blurred, clicking the options button when writing a reply (gear icon) and select blur spoiler. Like this!

Anyway, I am definitely interested in this and I look forward to more in the future!

1 Like

Why make one element harder to get? A creative enough mind could make any element very powerful, so I donā€™t see that as the reason.

2 Likes

Lightning is harder to get just because of the story.

It does not really mean that it will be stronger than the other elements.

Iā€™m still working on itā€¦ but I plan to make certain elements good at some things while bad at other thingsā€¦

Kinda like; Water strong against > Fire, Fire > Earth, Earth > Lightning, Lightning > Water.

What do you think? @Prof_Chaos

Where is Wind/Air magic just look at the Last Avatar series to see the power

1 Like

Well, i only managed to get lightning by choosing these:

First of all, i choose to kick the puppy.
Bring the puppy home.
Bullies arenā€™t my problem.
WHAT? POTTY DIED?! Or something like that.
Conquer the world

It seemed that lightning mages are a bit controversial/evil, or at least egoistical. Because any other life objective would result in water.

To blur texts, you can always type (spoiler)Put phrase here.(/spoiler) with instead of ().
And thereā€™s the blur option in the gear, but iā€™m too lazy for that.

1 Like

Hey thanks for giving your thoughts on the game!

1)I knoowwww Im pretty hyped about the air element as well :sob:. But just imagining trying to code another element choice is just pure nightmare hahaha. Plus, im not very confident I can create battle scenarios based on the air element. And then theres the problem with the system as well which has my head wrecked if I add air. E.g. water is better against >fire. Fire> earth. Earth>lightning. Lightning> water.

But yea so sad i cant implement airā€¦ I apologizeā€¦

Personally I would do them differently. I see it this way fire>wind wind>lightning lightning>earth earth>water water>fire. This is the simplest way as there are many others properties and possibilities with each element. Like earth for example, what if you use it to control magma? Molten earth now also has fire properties or if you use it to control sand and create sandstorms it now also has wind properties. Now what if we combine all three? Molten grains of sand rushing towards your enemies be it a tornado or wind storm, with the wind strengthening the fire element you have a harmonic effect further strengthening the magic. Neat huh?

2 Likes

I think you mixed these. Wouldnā€™t lightning be stronger than water, since water conducts electricity? Water can probably penetrate soil/rocks, so it would be stronger than earth.

1 Like

Yes, to be honestā€¦

Im starting to have second thoughts about putting the quick personality tests as the determinant for your main elementā€¦(though I like the idea of your pcā€™s personality being linked directly to your element)

I wanted to make Lightning a sort of rare element that has been stereotypically been ascociated with evil or bad intentions due to the lore/story. But this may changeā€¦

So, thankyou it may change in the futureā€¦

However I would like to point out that these personality tests arent really important factors for your PCs development. Wether or not you choose to be evil or good later on. Or maybe a millionaire with a harem. Is up to the player.

I had a more complicated way to explain it but went with the simplest one. Elements would be strong and weak against multiple other elements. This was the simplest way to balance it. Also it makes a nice circle if you make a diagram of it.

Cool ideas!
Thanks alot for the input. :grin:

1. There is no wind btwā€¦ :sweat: sorryā€¦ and ill consider the chart you gave meā€¦ although I dont understand why fire could beat wind :confused:

2)Yea having more than one element is mega awesome! :grin: but will be coding nightmareā€¦ :sweat_smile: so maybe I might consider that for when I make a sequel :smirk:

I used the element chart from Naruto to make a simple explanation because it can get complicated fast otherwise.

2 Likes

I think you should keep it, i liked it, in fact i think that giving elements/types of magic based on your personality test adds to the roleplaying. Also, it would be interesting to see how people would react if your element implies that youā€™re bad or something.

As for the elements, thereā€™s the flawed logic that fire is powered by wind. (It doesnā€™t make sense since CO2 is still there, but nevermind) So attacking a fireball with wind would only make it stronger, or not work at all.

1 Like

I like How an element are linked to emotional aspect very common in fantasy. What I donā€™t like is how Evil is presented as stupid douche bag with zero intelligence. That kills any opportunity to role playing a hunger for power character but PRETEND be good to cunning obtain what they want Basically half of Slytherin and tom Riddle are out of evil.

2 Likes

Iā€™m assuming youā€™d prefer a choice like:

Take the dog home and train it to hunt down your enemies.

7 Likes

You ever hear of fanning the flames?

2 Likes

I am more to sell the dog to another kid or give it to a teacher or someone I want flirt with. But your choice is cool too.
I am a cat person no way I will have a dog pet.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t you just present that any element can be used creatively to overpower another?
Also, blowing candles, lack of oxygen inside of hurricanes (well, not that someone would care about oxygen when being torn apart, and launched to the infinite and beyond). It depends on how you use the element, and our atmosphere isnā€™t composed only by oxygen, there are other elements too.

1 Like

I said it could get complicated. Yes you could use wind magic to pull the oxygen out of the air or put more in. I was trying to find a balance with them as well.

Edit: As a side note, what about lightning having an additional property of magnitism? I mean railgun powers, just saying.

1 Like

OMG WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT

1 Like