Enchanted in Blood WIP (Updated 20. Jan. 2021.)

i chose female for them, and i think it was matches. especially the way Q flirt with my MC, that was perfect.

I completely agree with you but thank you for writing it down, this is exactly what I was thinking when I started writing them!

Thank you for pointing out the grammar thingy. I didn’t even know the “em dash” was a thing. This doesn’t exist in my native language but I will definitely make corrections (for the commas as well, I already noticed a few of those too) and include them in the next update.

1 Like

Aaaah I’m so happy to hear that, seriously. I was kinda nervous about it especially at the flirting part, but I’m glad if it comes through as natural :grin:

2 Likes

So wait, why is our character armed with just rubber bullets? That’s a great way to get killed.

1 Like

I’m not really a fan of agent stuff, but i was interested, but after the mention of fantasy races I was, well now you got my attention~ :eyes:

I was hoping so bad that MC could be an elf or half elf, but you crushed my dreams so fast, so cruel :joy:

But I am kinda interested, there are human and orc, but it’s not specified what mixed race can it be? Just human/orc or there are other races that are not mentioned, so we can just imagine what mix could it be or you have thoughts on what fantasy races are in your universe? There was mention of witches, do you treat them like a different race or anyone can become a witch? :hugs:

I was laughing so hard, that on the first motion MC manages to almost break their ankle, how are you alive dude :joy:
Plus flirting with a subtlety of the bulldozer on a mission with a suspect, I’m glad i’m not fired yet :eyes: :joy:

It felt so good that we could punch Sean, i’m not the one for violence, but nobody smacks the butt without consent on my watch :rage:

I’m not good at giving suggestions or catching typos, so sorry if it wasn’t really useful :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Not me simping over elves again :woozy_face:

6 Likes

I’m hooked! I’m loving the fun comedic tone (the dynamic between MC and Atin had me cracking up) with the mystery and social issues lurking in the background, feels like there’s something big hiding around the corner~
Loving the ROs too! They all have such sweet scenes, every little smile had me swooning :sob: and I’m very curious to see if there’s gonna be any drama between the two siblings because I definitely have flirt points with both of them :eyes: I actually can’t think of any books that have sibling ROs so I’m really interested in seeing that whole dynamic
Also, I’m a “prefers to be the damsel” (not that Quinn is a damsel LOL) type but getting to punch that dude and Quinn being so shocked and grateful felt sooo good :pleading_face: (insert “I’m a healer but… :gun:” meme here)
Looking forward to more!

4 Likes

This is so interesting and I’m so into itt! I really love the characters. The story is so intriguing. Can’t wait for more!

1 Like

omg, I LOVE IT! <3 Great work OP! I can’t help but laugh when MC acts like a perv! xD lol!

1 Like

@vara I like this one so far. One small observation is that the chapters are a bit small and seem to end in weird places. Without knowing what happens in chapter 5 I can’t say for sure, but I feel like chapters 1-3 should be one chapter, and chapter 4 should be the start of the next chapter. Idk, maybe it’s just me.

1 Like

I like what i have read so far I selected mixed blood for my MC and headcannoned some elven heritage, all of them were female for me and it seemed to work perfectly.

1 Like

Haha maybe I should have specified that a bit more in the story.

Well, first of all, I didn’t want to promote extreme violence, especially because there is an option already in chapter 3 to shoot someone. Second, this city is not like in the US where civilians can just casually carry a gun around :smiley: (I’m sorry, I don’t have anything against the USA, I just grew up in Europe where people usually just DON’T have guns and usually those that do, don’t use them, and I wanted this to carry over to the story as well).

Anyway, our agents carry rubber bullets on everyday missions. The police do it as well (they actually do it in real life in certain countries in Europe). If they go on a more serious mission (idk like going to bust a drug den or something) then they get normal bullets (they have an emergency magazine on them with normal bullets, but they cannot use it unless it’s an actual emergency). Although rubber bullets still do hurt a lot. It’s like getting hit by a baseball bat with full force. If somebody gets hit, that person likely won’t stand up for a few minutes at least. It can even be lethal on a short distance. If you chose to shoot a certain someone in chapter 3, you may have gotten a peek at how much it hurts.

There will be a scene later when the MC goes on a mission to arrest the first real suspect of the missing children case, and I will mention there that they got the permission to use normal bullets.

Sooo yes. I hope that answers your question :smile: I’m actually very happy this little detail got your attention :heart:

2 Likes

Woah these are super good remarks!! (AHHH I’m so glad people are this interested in it I could scream :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:) …khm… So.

Yes, that was exactly the reason I didn’t specify what “mixed-race” is. So if your MC is idk from Hawaii for example and you have some folklore there about a fantasy race that you imagine your MC comes from, then just go ahead! Feel free to imagine anything (that’s also a reason I included an input_text choice for eye color and hair color) :smiley: So yeah, if you want your MC to have pointy ears, then they will have pointy ears :wink: you can still be a quarter-elf.

I already have a pretty long list about the fantasy races I included in the universe, but I may add or remove some later so I don’t want to publish that yet. The main humanoid races are human, elf and orc, but there are hundreds of others that exist, they are just rarer.

The witches in this universe are not a race. Anyone can be a witch who is born with a bit of magic. Orcs rarely have that ability f.ex. but they can. Elves used to have a lot of magic, but because of khm… reasons… that are going to be explored in the story, they mostly lost that aptitude. They are still more magical than others tho. Humans have an average talent for magic. This question will be further discussed later in the story tho :smiley:

You know, as long as your boss won’t learn about it :wink: Roga wasn’t really a suspect tho yet at that point, just a shady person in a creepy mall haha.

I knooow. That’s why I didn’t even include an option to NOT be mad at him. Because… who wouldn’t be mad at him? He’s an asshole.

Anyway, thank you so much for your feedback, it was very useful! I would like to hear more about your opinion when the next chapters come out :heart:

3 Likes

You are absolutely right about that, and that thing hiding around the corner is gonna be HUGE :wink:

There’s gonna be some drama between the siblings, but Roga and Quinn love eachother and they want the other to be happy. So if MC chooses one over the other in the end, well, they will be very sad, but they will accept it. So feel free to flirt with them both if you want :grin:. That doesn’t mean that there’s not gonna be some friendly competition and occasional drama between the two until you get to the point where you have to choose :wink: If you want jealousy… weeell… spoiler if you flirted with Atin and also with someone else, then you might have noticed that Atin already had some reaction to it (especially in the surgery scene), even though MC doesn’t have a close relationship with them :wink: (at this point, MC and Atin are still considered as… hm… maybe close acquaintances or early friends who have a good work-dynamic. They trust eachother on the job, but MC doesn’t know them very well personally. They basically never hang out just the two of them. Not yet at least hehe…)

Yeah, sadly Quinn has some… not too nice experiences in that department but it would be very spoilery to say what and why. You will definitely learn about it soon. They will always be grateful if somebody willingly comes to their rescue.

Thank you very much for your feedback, it was lovely to read it :heart:

3 Likes

The link for your tumblr won’t redirect me in your blog or this only happened to me? Nonetheless, wishing you the best of luck!

Good observation! When I started writing it as an interactive book, I wasn’t sure where I wanted those chapters to be separated so at the end, I decided to cut them according to the scenes. So basically, first chapter is getting to know the MC and the environment, second chapter is wandering around the mall, third chapter is meeting Roga, fourth chapter is the interrogation and meeting Quinn. I already know that the chapters are not going to be the same length and that’s not really my intention either, so if the book ends up being 100 chapters (it won’t), then oh well :smiley: Currently I’m planning around 20-25 chapters but that can change. That’s why I also wrote that the second demo will likely include chapters 1-8, because I know where I want the demo to end in the story, but I’m not sure if it’s gonna be actually 8 chapters or less or more.
Thank you for your feedback! :heart:

1 Like

Oh no :frowning: I don’t know why that might be. I think some people could access it because I suspiciously gained a few followers when I posted it (THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS), even though I’m only just starting to post there…
Maybe you could try this link instead then: [https://varart.tumblr.com/]
If that doesn’t work either, then I don’t know what’s the problem, sorry. I just tried checking on a different computer and it worked for me… :worried:

1 Like

Thank you! The new link worked for me. Sorry for the inconvenience. :sweat_smile: Once again, I am looking forward for more of your story. :heart:

1 Like

Forgot to say that I immediately fell in love with Roga and Quinn, the elven sisters! (in my case)

The story is really promising! I’ve left a comment earlier after reading chapter 1 but when I managed to finish it, I really love it! :heart: Can’t wait to see more of Atin, Roga, and Quinn.

More powers!

1 Like

Can’t stop playing this! And I can’t wait for the next update either. And gosh I’m already in love with Atin :heart_eyes:

2 Likes