So I’ve started working on a story I had in the back of my mind for a while, started as a classic novel but decided to turn it into an interactive one because of all the exciting possibilities. I planned it as a series of three books, this one being the first.
The title is Enchanted in blood, which may change later but so far I like it.
You play as a special agent of the United Nations. You are not the best agent yet, but you have to start somewhere. This is where you will begin your journey to uncover mysteries, solve crimes, save innocents, and in the meantime make lasting friendships and find true love in a big city filled with magic, orcs, elves, and other fantastical elements in modern times.
• Play as a human, orc or someone with mixed blood.
• Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, or bi.
• Uncover the secrets of the city, help the innocent and catch criminals.
• Solve the biggest ongoing case of the Special Division as their agent.
• Climb the carrier ladder of the agency and discover your true inner drive.
• Help solve injustices in the city and work to build a better place for everyone or play as a ruthless survivor in a world where everyone is out for themselves.
• Build lasting friendships and find true love.
As you see, the story has a lot of fantasy elements in it, but it takes place in modern times. Meaning, there is internet, smartphones, Star Wars and everything we have today PLUS a lot of magic and fantasy races.
The book is romance-heavy and mainly story oriented. Meaning: there are no wrong choices, your character can’t die (not at least until the very end), but the path you take and the means you achieve your goal is up to you, including that goal itself. The story focuses a lot on the relationships you build and your MC’s personality.
There are 3 main romance options (and I’m planning a few side-RO’s later on), all of them romanceable with any MC.
The first Demo includes chapters 1-4. I will update this one as feedback comes in, and slowly release the second part as I write it (at the end, Demo2 will have chapters 1-8).
As I’m not a native English speaker (don’t stop reading now haha!) I would like to ask your help to point out incorrect expressions or if you find some blatantly obvious grammar mistakes. I’m trying to correct everything I can as I write and edit it constantly, but obviously I can’t see everything.
Other than that, I would like to hear any opinions on the story, the characters, if you have recommendations about the choices or ‘why is it like this and not like that’, so basically ANYTHING you can think of
The topic of Bisexuality and the siblings’ gender is closed for now.
- The first half of chapter 5 is uploaded. It’s not too long (the second half will be a lot longer), because I’m using this update to introduce a new feature. I think this will give a unique, modern feeling to the game, one that I really wanted for Enchanted in Blood.
- New feature! You may have noticed already that on the stats screen, there is an option that says Your phone. You have a gallery and a chat history there. This means that the ROs will sometimes send you messages or photos during the story like you would get irl, and the stats screen automatically saves them, so you can look at them anytime later. Of course it’s going to be pretty limited, but you will be able to choose your answers in a similar fashion than in the normal story.
- The chat was a nightmare to code, so if you have any problems with it (text bubbles are not displayed properly, it skips messages etc.), please tell me as soon as you run into it and I will try to fix it!
- Another new feature! The “photos” that you will get in the chat will be automatically saved in your gallery (you can find it under Your phone in the Stats screen). In the chat, they are pretty small, but you can see bigger versions of it in the Gallery. These photos are going to be drawn by me and will be included in the final published game. Currently, they are just text descriptions. It’s important to mention that there will be no illustrations of the characters themselves in-game. These pictures will only include objects, places etc. that the LIs find interesting and want you to see
- Demo2 uses the same Save system as Demo1, so you should have no problem loading saves.
- Grammar mistakes are corrected in the first 4 chapters.
- I rephrased the third race option (mixed-heritage) so it’s clearer for the player that it means it’s an open-choice. You can headcanon any other race here for your MC, but it means that other NPCs won’t recognise your race (that’s why the “mixed-blood” description)
- Some stat change fixes in the first 4 chapters.
- I changed the order of the choices about where to go first in the mall (straight, left or right) because it’s more fun to go left and right first and only then straight to where Atin is
- The second half of chapter 5 is uploaded
- I corrected some grammar mistakes in the previous text
There is also a new poll where I would like to know your opinion on the “RO POV scenes”. You can find it in the comments around here:
- first part of chapter 6
- I swear I tried to keep track of the grammar corrections but I failed, so it probably contains several fixes in the text for previous chapters
- dec. 10. update
- the last part of chapter 6 is live
- jan. 18. update
- the first part of chapter 7 is up, along with some minor fixes in the previous chapters
- jan. 20. update
- Roga’s hospital scene is fixed (hopefully, finally) so if they didn’t show up at the hospital before, they SHOULD now
Here is the link for Demo 2 (Demo 1 is included in this): Demo 2
The old link for Demo 1: https://dashingdon.com/play/vara/enchanted-in-blood—1st-demo-test–/mygame/
And if you want additional content, more info about the updates or ask questions about the game, you can visit my Tumblr here: [https://www.tumblr.com/blog/varart]
(Here is a second link for those that have difficulties with the other one: https://varart.tumblr.com)
Discord channel: https://discord.gg/CWVxnr9nKp
The Stats system is not finalised, so don’t worry too much about it now.
Current word count of demo 2 (including demo1): around 100.000 words (with code)