Empty Shell (name still up for debate) (WiP) - Stage: Alpha

Exactly. I personally think he’s really annoying and can’t wait until I get to hit him square in the face :smiling_imp:

This might be off-topic, but… if you think he’s so annoying, why did you write him? I’m just really curious about the answer. (If you’d rather take this to PMs, I’ll delete this post.)

2 Likes

His personality is based on the type of guy that’d be, like, my natural enemy. But I wanted a bit diversity in the RO’s since I doubt everyone 'd share my idea of ‘mister right’ (that’d be Jason, by the way).

Then he started to grow on me and now I’m even beginning to like certain versions of him. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to hit him (and possibly throw a tantrum) if the opportunity arises.

8 Likes

The shifting viewpoints are interesting, but they’re also really disorienting. It would be easier if you had the non-MC sections in third person or first person rather than having multiple second person perspectives. I can figure out what’s going on because I read this thread, but I think I would have a hard time if I hadn’t.

To reduce confusion, I would suggest prefacing the alternate perspectives with the name of the character. Like:

> 18-02-2418

> The solar system - Somewhere near Ceres

> [name of viewpoint character]

3, 2, 1, go!

…and then, when the perspective shifts,

> Chapter 1a: Annoying people

> [Nameless]

“What’s your name?” You look up to see who’s asking. It’s the somewhat clumsy woman. “1549872”

…and continue along that way, giving a cue each time the perspective shifts.

Have you read this bit:

My apologies - I skimmed this thread before posting, but I should have read more carefully. Glad to see that’s in the cards!

So those the MC’s master see through hsi eyes?

Only when that person wants to know something, but yes. There’ll be more about that somewhere chapter 6/7-ish.

Will we be able to remain and empty shell through the game? or will we be forced at some point to gain individuality?

Just take a look at the stats screen. That should answer that question.

Why is your profile thing a giant dragon eye.
(Sorry it just feels like its peering into my soul)
Also who are these creator people.
(Terrorists, Super villians, or maybe enemy goverbment organizations?)

1: I couldn’t find a nice picture of a blue dragon, so I went with the next best thing. (Oh, and when the forum changed I couldn’t find my own profile picture with all the other capital letter C’s around).

2: Is, since it’s one person (+ who knows how many underlings). Everything else would be quite a massive spoiler, so you’ll just have to wait until it shows up in the story (It’s quite a huge part of the main event, so yeah, can’t really give away too much about that just yet).

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand… I’m officially defecting to the Finn side. (That escalated quickly)
I can’t help myself. The ‘just friends’ Finn is just too adorable. fangirl squeal
(He’s still a pain to write though.)

(@Sashira You might want to try that path too as soon as the first half of chapter 5 rolls out, hopefully tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.)

5 Likes

So the link at the top has 4 chapters in it? Because what ive olayed so far seems to be really short for there to be 4 chapters

The number of the chapters are given at the start of each chapter, and yes, the chapters are quite short compared to those of other WiP. (And the length is very much dependent on the path you’re on.)

Added the first half of the fifth chapter :tada: (didn’t have the patience to wait until the second half was finished to roll out an update)

7 Likes

I was wondering are we going to get a chance to talk with Ellis in the coming chapters? He has kind of just been hanging out in the background.

Great update by the way :smiley:

1 Like

He’s supposed to be hanging in the background :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Don’t worry. He’ll turn up again in the next half of chapter 5. You might even be able to say hi. (He’s not actually one of the people of importance, so don’t expect too much though.)

Edit: Oh, and have any of you met person of interest no. 6 yet? Formal introductions won’t be until chapter 6, but his or her info should pop up on the stats screen if you’ve saved him or her.

1 Like

Newsflash: Still no new update (mainly because of lack of motivation), but my self-imposed deadline for chapter 5b is for the 7th of Juli.

Please do get angry at me if I don’t manage to make that deadline.

(And bonus points for whoever manages to guess why I picked that date for the deadline. I promise to name a ship :rocket: after you. (or something similar if you’ve got better ideas.))

Is that your birthday