Elemental Alliance (WIP)

Hmm it’s a very interesting game, but one that leaves me extremely conflicted about some aspects? It’s… a very strange feeling…

My main gripe with the game, the one I truly consider as a major issue is the random factor. I’ll be honest, when checking the OP for game features, when I saw that point - “Random culprit and order of events for a different story in each play-through” - I almost decided not to play. You see, the thing is, unless there’s a save system in the finished game (and not mere checkpoints that get overwritten when you finish another chapter, but an actual save system), then the game will be literally unplayable for me. I restart A LOT when I play these games, because I’m a perfectionnist with stats, because I check various outcomes of a single choice etc. And, added to that, there’s the fact I enjoy having a “canon playthrough” that I will replay again and again - this is the way I enjoy IF type games. If the game has random elements, then not only I won’t be able to skip through pages each time I restart, since there will be changes, but also I won’t be able to replay my canon playthrough whenever I can.
So yeah… I think you see my issue…
Wouldn’t it be possible to add to the starting options, alongside the labels and the RO genders etc, the possibility to play “scenario 1”, “scenario 2”, etc, or select “random”? It would be awesome for people like me, and still allow people to enjoy the random aspect, for those who actually like that.

Other than that, the other aspect that leaves me a bit conflicted, but that isn’t nearly as problematic as the random elements, are the stats - mainly the opposed stats. More often than not, I alternate between options that raise one or the other of two opposed stats, because I see them as complementary instead of opposed, and that leads to a very middle ground stat that goes from one side to the other all the time. A good example of that is Loyal vs Idealistic. I have that stat at 50%, or switching to 48/52 one side or the other all the time. And that doesn’t seem to be good, since the game apparently is designed to favor people who lean clearly to one side or the other.
A good example is that situation: “The Queen of Umijaka looks a bit concerned, even though she mostly agrees with your statement. You’re not normally dutiful, so maybe your statement didn’t quite ring true.”, even though my character IS on the dutiful side (52% when asked). But well, the bar leans only a little bit to the Dutiful side, because, again, with how the choices are presented, if I want a consistent character that would stay in-character with himself, I can’t avoid selecting opposing stats…

I think that’s it for the issues I have with the game?
The stats… well, I’ll somehow manage, as long as the game is not too stat-focused (please tell me it isn’t?), but the random aspect… it’s only okay as far as the WIP go and the save plugin can be used, since I made a save at the beginning and I can go back to it.

With that being said, all the character seem interesting and I’m curious to know more about them.
I’m strongly opposed to “childhood friends to lovers”, but in this case I genuinely like C, though I like M a lot too, because they’re more “my type”.
Which reminds me I have questions about romances and alliances too!
The king said the MC can forge alliances through marriage or friendship. In a situation where the MC would pursue two people, is it mandatory to select one or the other (frienship or romance), and go with the same one for both, or is it possible to romance one character and forge an alliance-worth friendship with another?
And also, in the case of a poly relationship, will the two chosen characters only love the MC, or would they fall in love with each other too? Or does it depend on the specific pair, or maybe player decisions?

Well, I think that’s it! I’ll be certain to play the WIP as much as I can, but wether I play the final version or no will sadly depend on if we’ll get the ability to select which scenario to play or not.

But don’t worry about what I’m saying too much! I’m sure most people like the random aspect, it’s just not for people with my playstyle. If you can’t or don’t want to add the ability to select which scenario to play (even without naming them, eh - I don’t mind just having them numbered), I’ll totally understand it. It’s a strange request! :smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.