Find love and friendship as the royal heir while building alliances with other nobles.
When the monarch is poisoned, can you protect your kingdom—and your heart?
You’ve known you would inherit a small kingdom ever since you were a child. When you reach the age of adulthood, you are crowned as the official heir and told that you must form alliances with eligible scions from local nobles or other royals. Luckily, your kingdom is hosting a yearly summit with the four neighboring lands, so you have many opportunities to meet the six young scions looking to form an official alliance through a marriage or committed friendship.
Partway through the summit, your parent is poisoned. Can you find the would-be-murderer without neglecting your important task to form alliances?
Updated 1/11, 16.7k words. Prologue and Chapter One are finished!
Current version: www.dashingdon.com/play/beesquared/elemental-alliance/mygame/
Tumblr (Please send me asks!): www.elemental-alliance.tumblr.com/
RO Poll: Elemental Alliance (WIP)
You can direct message me on this forum/tumblr or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find any bugs (I don’t want to crowd this discussion again when something inevitably breaks).
This is my first game (and my first writing project…), so I’m open to any criticism/suggestions. I’m fairly knowledgeable about coding, so feel free to discuss any code questions/suggestions with me as well! I don’t have a posting schedule and I’ve only barely begun writing the actual story, but I wanted to post my story on DashingDon and get a forum topic started so that I can start accruing feedback on the story idea before I get too far in.
This is meant to be a character-interaction-heavy romance game, with a touch of mystery for an overarching plot. I was actually working on worldbuilding and came up with my five main opposed stats and five countries that aligned with five elements (fire, water, earth, air, magic)… and everything just kind of came together for a story. My five countries are vaguely based on the cultures of the Iraqi, the Inuit, the Swahili, the Mongolians, and the Nahuatl (Aztec). I have plans for 6 ROS (one for each element + your oldest friend), who will be gender-changeable at any point in the game. You will also be able to change your own gender/name at any point.
• Play as male, female, or nonbinary; cis, trans, or genderfluid.
• Alliance options’ genders can be randomized, set to one gender, or set as you meet the characters.
• Choices can be labelled with stats that will be changed or tested; this setting can be changed at any time.
• Stats can be displayed with numbers and charts or with descriptive phrases; this setting can also be changed at any time.
• Choose your kingdom from five different lands—based upon the cultures of the Iraqis/Kurds, Inuit, Mongolians/Mongols, Swahili/Bantu, and Nahuatl/Aztecs.
• Change your gender at any time.
• Change the genders of alliance options at any time.
• Play as gay, straight, or bisexual; monogamous or polyamorous.
• Build alliances with six different characters; including aristocrats from your land and royalty from neighboring lands.
• Access an in-game encyclopedia with more information about magic, the neighboring lands, and the Houses you are considering for alliances.
• Random culprit and order of events for a different story in each play-through.
Code can be read at www.dashingdon.com/play/beesquared/elemental-alliance/mygame/scenes