Elemental Alliance (WIP)

Maybe saying no will be a start to slowly ruining our friendship and give people kinda a way to set how they want this friendship with this character to go, and if we have to go with them and we pick a reason that isn’t a good one or that doesn’t have to do with them being our friend we could let tell them which would negatively impact our relationship? Im just never been a fan of preset best friends in games lol, I know I’m weird.

2 Likes

What you have so far, :+1:

1 Like

I love the inclusiveness but I am curious and slightly concerned about if you do include parts of the different cultures will the traditions and such be accurate? I’ve seen some games like yours that I use real life cultures and they either end up being very good due to the authors diligence in portraying the traditions correctly, or they end up very bad where they just use the cultures without really understanding them. Now I’m not saying that your story will be bad if you include the cultures traditions but just in case you do include the different traditions I’d make sure you really understand them and aren’t just using them to progress the story.

Ok now that’s over I think this story is really good so far and I look forward to future updates.
Also I apologise if I seemed a bit brusque in my first paragraph I’ve been told I’m not very good at sugarcoating things.

2 Likes

So, I’m doing my best to research so that stuff will be accurate. The five cultures are still fantasy cultures, so it won’t be fully accurate and there will be stuff that I added in to fit my fantasy world. But the whole reason I picked actual cultures in the first place was because I noticed my temptation to go with an “Aladdin faux Persia” for the fire land, and that would have been awful. It’s a lot harder to fall back upon (often racist) tropes when you can research actual cultures, so I’m trying to include as many truthful snippets as possible. For example, I referenced Nowruz (Nowruz - Wikipedia) for the little blurbs about the spring equinox in the Iraqi/Fire and Mongol/Air nations.

Plus, I’m trying to use https://writingwithcolor.tumblr.com/ as a guide when possible. I’m unfortunately ridiculously white, so I’m trying to be as respectful as I can, and I’m always open to comments. I am LGBTQ, so I understand why representation is important, and I want to do this right.

15 Likes

I fixed the game so that you can choose not to spend time with C. Sorry, if the wording seems awkward, it felt weird for me to write about turning them down when C is partially based on my current relationship :sweat_smile: Plus, I was trying to make sure that you still had the same options for stat changes as if you had went with C.

2 Likes
Which ROs are you most interested in?
  • N - the snarky flirt
  • A - the aloof “Ice Queen”
  • S - strong but kind
  • M - tsundere/hot and cold
  • T - a shy intellectual
  • C - a sweet old friend

0 voters

N is a snarky flirt from Qa’ippur. What happens when they realize they want a commitment with you?
A is an aloof scion from Iluliaq, but under their cold exterior is a warm heart.
S is from Khadagai and isn’t very smart. they more than make up for their lack of brains with a kind heart and strong muscles. (I’m not saying they’re a himbo, but…)
M is a tsundere from Umijaka. They seem mean at first, but they’re just hiding a crush on you.
T is an intellectual from Xochitl. They’re very shy and very sweet.
C is your oldest friend and advisor. And they might have a crush on you…

18 Likes

Found this error

1 Like

@BeeSquared found an error.

00festival line 492: Expected choice body

1 Like

I love the story so far I found this

1 Like

Sorry if it’s been found before lol it’s the first time I posted one ever lol

2 Likes

1 Like

Alright, fixed line 492. Thanks for letting me know! (Note to self, don’t try to code at midnight again :sweat_smile:)

Also included info about how to contact me for bugs in the main post, in case this happens again.

4 Likes

This seems quite interesting! I can’t wait for more updates!

Error

I think it’s a coding error in the third choice.

1 Like

www.dashingdon.com/play/beesquared/elemental-alliance/mygame
Big update (well, for me)! Chapter One is finished! I’ve about doubled the overall word count since I posted the first version of the demo on the 26th. It looks like I should be able to finish a chapter a week, depending on the size of the chapter and how hectic real life is.

Thanks to everyone who has played so far! Your comments and likes are what fuels the writing process!

22 Likes

I’m looking to get questions about my ROs, so that I can develop the characters better. Feel free to ask me anything about them at www.elemental-alliance.tumblr.com/ask! Thanks!

8 Likes

I’m excited about this story! looking forward to this

1 Like

I just wanted to make a quick announcement for all the lovely people who read this. I just read about IFWriMo on Tumblr, an informal event for Interactive Fiction writers that will be taking place this month. This WriMo isn’t necessarily about word counts, but about setting and achieving a personal goal.

So, anyways, this is my announcement that I intend to finish all of the beginning/exposition scenes. I hope that by the end of the month, I’ll be starting to write the scenes where you really get to interact with the ROs as potential romance candidates.

Thanks again to everyone who has played my story, answered my poll, left a like, or sent me a comment. You guys always make my day a little bit better!

12 Likes

I love it and I’m looking forward to more of this!! :pleading_face:

1 Like

I just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I just passed 10K words and I’m currently writing the mini-scenes where you meet the five other ROs (and see C again). I have a few sneak peeks posted on Tumblr, and I’ll try to post them here tomorrow (when I’m not so tired).

I’ve also offered to do some fun stuff on Tumblr, since I reached 50 followers on Elemental Alliance’s blog. I’ve mentioned that I’m willing to do matchups, where you guys can send me a description of yourself and I match you with a RO. I’m also willing to write some mini-scenes, if anyone wants to send me an RO or two and a prompting phrase. I want to make sure that you guys know that you can send in requests as well! I have “anonymous” turned on, so you don’t even have to make an account.

Thanks again for all of your likes, comments, and support! You guys make the writing process a hundred times more fun!!

14 Likes

love this! I think this would be a lot of fun. :heart:

2 Likes