Editing, modding...cheating?

i have been able to find the apk of guns of infinity using apk editor but i don’t know what values to change

It’s the other way around.

% numbers = “fairmath” = has a minimum and maximum cap. max is capped at 99, and the game crashes if the score is over 99 when it tries to do a fairmath adjustment on it. As long as you use only fairmath to adjust stats there is no chance of this happening since fairmath doesn’t take a score beyond its min and max values.

“Normal” math isn’t capped and never causes the game to crash by itself, but it can take a stat score into territory that will cause “fairmath” to crash the next time it is used.

This is why it’s a bad idea to use both fairmath and normal math stat adjustments on the same stat score past the very beginning of a game since normal math adjustments can take a score above 99 or below 1, and then the very next fairmath adjustment will cause the game to crash.

4 Likes

Just a little tip, if you want to make bigger changes (edit a choice, add a whole new line of code, create a kind of cheat menu, etc.) it’s much easier to just out the .txt files into CSIDE or an editor and play it there-- as it can be very confusing and annoying to make major changes to the .json files.

Oh and if you’re making changes, make sure you’re actually trying to edit in the unzipped version-- I’ve wasted a while making changes whilst browsing the apps files unzipped

Since all the games are in one app, I haven‘t found the files fore the individual games inside the app

Hey guys i want to cheat in game but i cant modify my stats on google chrome i tried most of the things in this trhead and i want to know if someone can help me locate the stats in the browser.

I know it’s been 2 years since your comment but thank you for this. Works on my Guns of Infinity playthrough and my MC now has the thickest plot armor in the whole game :muscle:t2::grin:

Thanks!

can you no longer use only your will insted of happiness or anger as a sorce for your power?

Many years late, but thanks!

The following only applies to the online version. I don’t believe it’s possible to modify the game via the app.
Incredibly late reply, but the closest thing I’ve found for cheating via iOS is to simply open two tabs of the game in question, add scenes/startup.txt to the end of the URL in one tab, then replace startup with whatever else is listed under *scene_list. You have to do the math yourself in order to get the variables you want, as well as manually progress through the game itself, but at least it’s no longer a shot in the dark :stuck_out_tongue:

How is it you’re able to edit the persist_data table in Google Chrome? In Firefox I can get it to work, but the only thing I can do in Chrome is select and copy the text—not edit it.

I know this is old, but for the record, I want to urge all of y’all not to download or support any of these APK pirate sites in any way. If you feel the need to mod, do it yourself on your bought copy of the story (or, you know, grow up and accept that GameSharking your way through everything is just sort of pointless; if you want to see it all without the game putting up a fight, you could always just read all the text in the game files). But giving these thieves any sort of attention or support is a pretty direct attack on this company and the authors. You’re screwing it up for the both of us, Big Morty.

7 Likes

I might be missing something but how do you know that he pirated the game?

Unless you’re problem is with modding as a whole

I may be mistaken, but there was mention of a APK being downloaded of the story. I only know of these from the pirate websites.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, you could extract the apk of any title you bought.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s possible to extract any game you have installed. I believe APK editor(aforementioned) is an app on the Play Store.

3 Likes

My apologies, then. I just know this terminology from the groups out their pushing their sloppy seconds onto the populace, wasn’t aware it had a legitimate connotation as well.

2 Likes

I am not familiar with Omnibus (on Android), but there is indeed a way to edit HG/CoG.
I would link a source, but I believe one person has been suspended (and un-suspended) for the spreading of the tool.

In conclusion, I would rather not risk it. I think I have, at least partially, answered your question.

I wish you luck in your endeavors, aspiring modder.

Also: if this is about maxing stats etc, it would prolly be easier asking the community for playing guides.
There’s too many games where you miss too much if you focus on ‘winning’ but ymmv

1 Like