Dragon Racer (Discussion)

thats not the choice im talking about , i think you misunderstood.

(you get a choice like that in the final tournament where you have 3 options to pass the opponents, 2 are wrong and 1 is true, but is not a choice based on remember what a npc have tell you, im not refering to that choice)
and almost all the choices are wrong true wrong, except when speaking to a npc, for me thats a killjoy since the stats seems to be just for show at the moment and the choices are predetermined outcomes not like other cog or hosted games where the choices are based on stats.

Not the “Lean in and forward” option? I still think I know what you were referencing m8, they explain it to you before the event happens.

I’m sorry friend but we appear to be reading different books, I’ve re-read this book so many times now I know most of the paths you can possibly take, and the only one that really felt railroaded was the CTF event if you lacked stealth? I think it was stealth.

This particular argument is actually kind of hard to have, it might be easier if I ask a direct question: What were you trying to do in the story that the book wouldn’t let you?

2 Likes

Uhhh. Should i kill the dragon or free him??

Depends on what you want to do. If you’re trying to play the good guy and make everyone a friend you should Save the dragon and then hang out with Cass in the very next scene, which will boost relations back up over 50% to everyone if you played the nice guy up until now

Uhm, so how would i be able to get first place in the relay race if i have a gold dragon? should i let my dragon try to body slam the first rider?

And if i dont have high stealth for the Capture the Flag part, am i just never going to get the team to first place?

Gold Dragon won’t body slam, it’s unhonorable and you’d just piss him off if you asked. I don’t remember the exact stats but you’ll probably have to restart and take more “train your dragon” type choices . You can pass the event if your flight or speed is high enough I think. Or if you take an evil dragon and just let them do their thing

Also yes, I believe so,which is why I’ve complained about the CTF event a couple times.

1 Like

Just a general tip while it’s on my mind, but if you’re trying to come out on top as much as possible you really should be Taking the choice where you train your dragon in flight or speed right before the first race, this is one of the stronger choices in the game

3 Likes

Go red or black dragon. Those guys are up for anything to win.

4 Likes

They’re also hillarious partners. Even my good characters can’t fault the red dragon for wanting to sheer Sarens calves off with their spiked tail. Then leaning in towards Saren’s dragon and dropping every quarter he owns into the wishing well that a dragon would.

3 Likes

Red Dragon runs in a nutshell:

7 Likes

:joy: aw, i guess i cant be a goody-two-shoes with a goody-two-shoes dragon then if i want to win. Thanks for the advice! ^^

Black and red dragons are loyal though. They’ll only really like you and Nyx. Also her dragon, for obvious reasons :wink: damn horny dragon.

4 Likes

I’ve been going with the gold dragon that I like to name Rhaegos. It just sounds right for him but now… I’m pretty tempted to do a playthrough with a red dragon.

Only question I do have. I do know the gold dragon will win the fight against Shader’s dragon to be the leader of the pack, so what are the other dragons that can become the leader or rather, lose the fight? I would think a black dragon probably would lose.

Black dragons and red dragon kicks his ass lol.

3 Likes

Excellent.

Now to begin my red dragon playthrough.

1 Like

The red/black dragons basically will do whatever you tell them that allows them to win. They won’t care unlike the others.

Oh you totally can. No worries.

You could take a blue dragon, dump all your choices into magic and flight, and win at least 95% of every event in the game.

Except the alpha male achievement, only the real OG dragons can pull that off, Red, Black, Gold.

1 Like

Then they become partners in crime. lol

I cannot overstate the amount of life ToxicDreams gave the characters in this story. I thought I was buying a book about How To Train Your Dragon, what I got was the Breakfast Club mixed with Mario Cart and D&D

3 Likes

:heart:(*>ω<):heart: the blue dragon is Adorable with a capital A. Ahhhh yeah but tbh thats kinda why i picked the gold dragon, so he can beat up Lazarus lol

I’ll just have to accept the fact that the gold dragon cant win every race and be content with 2nd place

Gold Dragon is actually one of if not the strongest partner in the game, any time you get a choice to let him “handle it with his own strategy” it absolutely wrecks. If you want a strong dragon just make sure you improve his flight at every opportunity, that’ll get you through most skill checks during races. But again, since the game gives you a number of events you choose from as your solo, each event weighs on different stats, as well as most events having a way to win through luck as well as stat checks. This is a really, really well made book.

1 Like