Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

FYI, I just pushed out the fix for Logic/Creativity stats in chapter 1. Thanks again to @autumnchen for pointing it out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Darn bugs are like vampires… they disappear and only come out at night while you sleep.

:two_hearts:

6 Likes

Hopefully this one will have the decency to stay dead… :wink:

5 Likes

Hey guys,

Now that the game has been submitted, I’m working on pulling the final assets together (hence the new artwork at the top of this thread - let me know if you hate it…), and I wanted to make this thread aware of my plans for the credits page. I’m not entirely sure what’s customary insofar as thanking beta testers, but it is my intention to list everyone’s screen name ordered by their number of posts.

The Hosted Games recommendation is to only thank testers who provided “helpful” notes, but I’m the kind of writer who finds even a few brief words of encouragement helpful…

Soooo, if you have contributed to this thread in the past:

• Please reach out if you do NOT wish to be listed
  • Please reach out if you would like a different name listed instead of your screen name
  • Or don’t do anything… I’ve got you covered :smiley:

Thanks again to everyone, I couldn’t have done it without you!

6 Likes

I was about to come into the comments and fangirl over the new artwork cuz daaaang Lenore for how you’re described in the game you looking fine :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Dumb question by someone who almost never plays CoGs, will this cost money after it gets published? Because if so I won’t be able to play it, sorry :confused: Very excited for you though.

Also, love the artwork!

1 Like

Most likely. Nearly all publications have to be paid for purchase since you are buying the equivalent of a book.

1 Like

That’s fair, especially since this is so much harder to write, since there are different endings and things. Tiny bit sad that I won’t be able to play this again though.

1 Like

I found a typo, and I don’t know if it’s too late to fix it because it’s been submitted, but just in case, I’ll put the screenshot here anyway:
Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 10.37.38 AM
Won instead of one

1 Like

Meant to reply to this earlier. I was actually a little concerned that the cover mascot turned out too attractive, but I was feeling inspired by the artwork in Belladonna of Sadness, and sorta just went with it… :sweat_smile:

Thank you!!!

Originally, I wanted to make it completely free (and it still might go that way!!!), but I didn’t know if readers found in-app ads super annoying, etc, so I asked the Hosted Games team to recommend the model they thought would work best. I’ll post to the thread when I hear back.

With that said, there’s nothing in the demo that won’t be in the published version, so you should be able to play the whole thing for free right now. :slight_smile:

Jeez, how did that one slip by? Thank you so much. :heart: I’ll update my submission. The worst thing they can tell me is no, right?

EDIT: FIXED IN THE DEMO, THANKS AGAIN!

3 Likes

I feel like everyone finds in-app ads super annoying, but we deal with them because otherwise it costs money to play, so whatcha gonna do? :woman_shrugging:

Good to know! I had tried it out earlier and it wasn’t working, but it works now, so I think that was just my wifi being wonky (it does that a lot).

1 Like

Since some kids are force to do online schooling now due to covid, it needs to asked…How would Richard and Paul cope with Samantha’s online schooling? Zoom classes suck

1 Like

I’M LATE TO THIS.:rage: First of all, suuuuper fun. I think I found a typo somewhere where a quotation was missing and for some reason, I didn’t screenshot it so I have no idea where it is. Super helpful, I know.

Possible Spoilers

This is an interesting part. I get to hang out with Paul at his place, and he asks if I would save him if burst into flames. So, I choose “yes” as it’s marked with (truth). But then it says in the next screen, I haven’t been completely honest… But I never lied and my stat is at 68%. I think I used deception once or twice, so is that why? I really do want to say “yes”, I don’t want to choose “no” because I’m angling for an MC sympathizing with her captors. Is this intentional? I’m just making sure.

2 Likes

My own kids are involved in online schooling now, and Zoom classes suck indeed. :unamused:

Yet unlike myself, a parent who’s been struggling to keep up with their kids’ virtual courseload (not to mention act as technical support while working a fulltime job), I think Richard and Paul would absolutely crush it. Although nocturnal by nature, their schedules are far more flexible than those of most parents during this pandemic, and Richard’s anal-retentive organizational skills coupled with Paul’s dogged enthusiasm for mundane human activity would likely give Samantha a sizeable advantage over her classmates. The only loser in this situation would be poor Lenore, who I’m sure would be at her wits’ end listening to Richard rant about common core math…

Thank you! :blush:

No worries, let me know if you happen to remember. I ran the whole story through both Grammarly and Google Doc’s grammar/spellcheck, but sometimes these typos slip by due to ChoiceScirpt formatting. :woman_shrugging:

UGH so close! :disappointed: The check is actually for 70% honesty 'cuz this isn’t a statement Paul would have an easy time believing (given that he and his buddy are planning to kill you and all…).

Thanks so much for playing!

2 Likes

I’ll have to go through it again and actually LOOK but I did play it again, mostly to see other “happy” endings so if there were any errors, I didn’t catch them- and this time, Paul believed me! This is a lot of fun though. Is it bad that I wanted there to be romance? I know it’d be purely Stockholm but :slight_smile: Lord help me.

5 Likes

Yaaaay!!! Glad to hear that you and Paul Are finally on the same page, and that there were no other glaring errors. :blush:

Not bad at all that you wanted there to be romance; it’s by far the most common complaint I receive. And, yes, my intention was to give the reader a touch of Stockholm syndrome - it’s really the true “villain” of the story, and the chief obstacle that the MC must overcome if she means to escape. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I have a feeling that if you wrote a romance- oooooo it would be STEAMY. The sexual tension through the roof! I mean, even the laundry room scene had me like :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes: I enjoyed this so much. Paul and Rich have a charisma to them that I think wants me to wish there was romance. Either that or I’m more messed up in the head than I’d like to admit.:smiley: Super super fun! So glad I found this gem.

6 Likes

@PrismaticSpace If you read through this thread there are many folks who also wanted romance here, over the years… but sadly it’s a nope. Fan fic it up!

3 Likes

LOL you are far too kind, but thank you.

Not at all!!! They’re that way by design, and 100% an amalgam of the most charismatic men in my own life.

:kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_heart: :hugs: :heart: Seeing that kinda made my evening. :slight_smile:

Took the words right out of my mouth. :wink: Nothin’ wrong with a little headcanon.

6 Likes

Not gonna lie this made me pretty depressed, it’s certainly not feel-good like other games here. The writing was absolutely superb though, and it made me feel so hard for Lenore, poor girl…Are you planning on writing other games?

2 Likes