Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

I’ve been going like mad using my previous saves to achievement hunt/get different endings, but I’m planning a full restart to play with different paths - and then once I exhaust my options there, I’m so viewing all epilogues [and another note: I love how that’s an option! Great forethought]. I’m sure I’ll be back to gush over the endings I got last night and the new ones, but for now - back to vices :pill:

Xanax

First things - my goodness, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had to suffer through a cold turkey experience. That can be awfully traumatic inherently, let alone with benzo-specific reactions. While reading, I was torn between “wow, amazing research” and “hm, I wonder if this comes from a place of experience” due to how effective those scenes were.

RE: Dose
WOW! I cannot imagine 20mg/day, but given how damn fast tolerance builds with benzos, I can’t say I’m totally shocked. I love your decision to not draw attention to Lenore’s reactions to high doses because, in my experience, Xanax makes one lose self-awareness LOL so this is really dead-on, in my opinion.

Likewise regarding the options that spelled out not wanting to remember - another wonderful choice, and it also orients those not familiar with Xanax to its effects without loads of exposition. Same with Lenore mixing with alcohol without much concern, it showed me that while she’s aware of the typical reactions, her tolerance and intentions, I daresay, are indicative of her mindset: she’s a heavy user, so much so that she knows how to safely mix the two. Those details are another example of why your writing style really resonates with me.- well done!

RE: OD
Oh man, I always read that it was more likely to just pass out before one could even take enough Xanax to accidentally OD, but this also explains it. But yes, that could be a fun option!

Thanks so much for talking with me about this and expand on your thought processes - I really appreciate your time and the insight! Can’t wait to go through other routes.

1 Like

If it helps, there are chapter quickstart links at the top of the thread (although I just discovered they don’t work on mobile for some reason :angry:) where you can play around with different preset character configurations - should be possible to easily get all of the endings that way.

LOL and thanks again for giving me an excuse to geek out on Xanax :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thanks for replying - lol I’m glad to hear that this game will finally get an update (dont worry about it too much tho) I can’t wait for April!

(Also Endgame is coming out then so more excitement lol)

1 Like

…are you saying the rich ending changes based on your stats with him? Like i know the dynamic endings idea was suggested but i wasn’t aware you implemented it? :flushed:

1 Like

Yes, the rare vintage ending changes slightly depending on your stats with Rich. If he doesn’t like the MC, she’s missing three fingers and an eye. :grimacing: Their final exchange is also cut a bit short.

Yeah, this is the only one that I’ve implemented so far. I am planning to tackle some of the others after I complete this first draft.

1 Like

…rich thats not how you drink blood xD

1 Like

While reading this the song: “I’ve Got My Eyes On You” kept echoing in my head … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like to think whatever she did to Rich was worse… he’s just healed by now.

Nice choice! :musical_score: Sometimes, during the death epilogues, I get “Used to love her” by GNR in my head. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just a quick update for the handful of folks who follow this thread: I’m still finishing up the final chapter, which is absolutely (100% certainty) coming out next weekend. I just need a few more days to test…

13 Likes

Glad to hear that you’re almost finished with the chapter! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And handful? There’s like 1170 comments on this thread…haha

2 Likes

Definitely more of a readership than I expected for a non-romance, gender-locked game about an unrepentant junkie. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One more quick update that I suppose I should announce while I’m here…

I posted two major bug fixes to chapter 10 last night.

1. The chapter now takes into account the scenario where you start off with no silver (which I honestly can’t believe I missed before).
  2. If you die in the chapter without silver, you’ve got the option to replay from the beginning - and if you started the chapter without any silver at all, you’ve got the option to replay in a universe where you’d won a silver item in the blackjack game with Paul.

Still on track to release the final chapter sometime over the weekend, although some of the epilogues will probably still read as “coming soon” :wink: Again, thanks for your patience.

6 Likes

Haha well it’s a surprisingly interesting topic! I mean, I’m not a huge fan of romance anyway so…it works and I like it. Most of the stuff I read on here are WIPs, so I just patiently wait.

So we will have finished the chapter but get no epilogue to show for all your hard work? In all seriousness, though, I’d really like to see the epilogues where you do escape (5 and 7 if I remember correctly) because it’d be nice to see the MC’s normal life.

Now I want the weekend to come even more now! hehe

1 Like

Well, here’s what I think you’ll get for all your hard work…

“Normal life” where the MC escapes - You’ll have to kill Paul to get this, but not necessarily Rich, so there will be two slightly different versions. Originally, I wanted to make this ending only available if you killed both of them, but I ultimately had to follow the natural flow of the story.

“BFFs” where the MC stays friends with the vamps. 99% written, but I’m only like 30% happy with it :woman_shrugging: Meh, gonna release it anyway.

Likely still coming soon:

• DEATH1: Pyrrhic Victory (where you take Paul down with you)
  • DEATH2: Alternate to the above (where you don’t take Paul down with you) ← Just finished that one.
  • Rich’s pet - This isn’t COMING SOON out of laziness; I honestly haven’t been able to top Rare Vintage and I feel this ending has to be better.

I’ve had a blast writing this last chapter - even though OMFG it’s taken forever. Can’t wait to share it with you!

4 Likes

Well, it can’t be that bad based on all your other epilogues…cause I really want to see that one, so I’ll probably give you some feedback on the epilogues if you like.

Honestly, that makes sense to me! I really like Rare Vintage and it leaves a lot up to the imagination; however, to me it sounds like Rich is about to kill the MC in that one so…maybe just write something that’s like he’s not about to eat her? :woman_shrugging: I’m not really qualified to give advice on this, since I have never finished a story…oh well.

Just a quick question: what do you think was the hardest part to write?

Haha well it has taken three months, but that’s gotta mean it’s good!

1 Like

Yes, PLEASE. I am desperate for feedback on these. And you can’t hurt my feelings, I swear.

Oh, for sure he won’t be thinking about eating her in this version. I’ve already got the “conflict” mapped out, I just need the characters to reach a “resolution” in a way that feels satisfying, if that makes sense.

Don’t say that! For all I know, I’m talking to a future bestselling author. You’re qualified, seriously. If you know/like/care about the characters, that’s more than enough for me :slight_smile:

Lol, the way things are going, I guess the “Rich pet” ending has been hardest, but they’ve all been a challenge, to be honest. With this story, I’m never sure if I’m setting the right tone. If I go too far in any one direction, it’s in danger of becoming a B-grade comedy/romance/slasher. So loooots of drafts :weary:

:heart: Definitely took longer than it should have, but I finally got there. Really appreciate your patience… :hugs:

@Elena_H There’s an error after the ritual with Charles where, if you poisoned him, and then decide to “bide your time for an opportunity” it gives you a “line non existent” pop up.

1 Like

Looking into it!

1 Like

I hate to ask this, but can you shoot me a screenshot (or which line it’s saying doesn’t exist)? I can’t seem to reproduce this error :frowning:

Wait I think I see it!

Fixing, thank you!

1 Like

I would usually always provide a screenshot but I’ve gotten a new keyboard recently and the print screen button doesn’t directly copy the image on the screen anymore for some reason.

1 Like