Diabolical -- BETA TESTERS NEEDED

Diabolical – become a supervillain! – beta testers needed.

Email me, jason AT choiceofgames for access. Please include your forumname. I would also prefer if you included your real name, but you don’t have to.

I will send you a link, a username, and a password.

Return feedback TO ME. Preferably part of the same thread, rather than a new email.

I’m looking for “high level” and “low level” feedback. Not mid-level feedback.

Low-level = typos and continuity errors. A continuity error is when a character’s gender flips, or someone comes back from the dead, or you run into a plotline that just doesn’t make sense (because it’s probably a coding error).

For these low-level issues, SCREENSHOTS are VERY HELPFUL. If you see a problem, take a screenshot, or copy and paste the text that is in error, and email that. Also, the “BUG” button is great; but if you use BUG, make sure to say in your email who you are, so I can give you credit for the report.

“High level” feedback has to do with things like plot, pacing, and characters. “Scene A didn’t work for me because x, y, and z,” is useful feedback. “B character was entirely unsympathetic, because u, w, and v,” is also useful feedback.

“I had a great time and saw only a few spelling errors,” is not useful feedback. In fact, it’s the sort of thing that results in you not being given access to future betas.

3 Likes

Email is send. Will be nice to play as villian instead of a hero as a change.

Sent an email. Is there anything else I should know about beta testing other than what was said? This is my first time beta testing

Sent the email, definitely sounds interesting.

Back when I beta tested the game about time, I sent my feedback directly to @JimD.
Any chance I’d still be in the running for this one?

I’m in. Sending an email now.

Message me your email.

Please be aware that closed beta tests should not be discussed in public.

When Jason said

He meant reply to the same email you received granting you access. Do not reply to this forum thread with your feedback.

(You also don’t need to reply here to sign up for the beta-testing, you need to email.)

Do you know his email?

Yes. It is in the first post. Read it. Although if you can’t actually find his email address in the first post, you’re probably not going to be of too much help beta-testing. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s not just a chance to play a free game, you do need to have an eye for detail. Consider it your first challenge.

2 Likes

Checking my user name… again…

K sent the email to choiceofgames in Facebook I seriously hope that I can help because I love your games PLUS YES! I GET TO PLAY AS THE BAD GUY! :slight_smile:

How long are you planning to keep the beta test open? I’d like to join in, but my time will be going into getting as much work done as possible on my own story this month for the CoGComp. So if it will still be open next month, I’d be interested- just can’t really delve into it before then.

@Warlock515 You were joking about contacting Choice of Games via facebook to beta-test, I hope?

People please, just email, no smoke signals, no forum posts, no messages, just an email. :smile:

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed I’d say if you can’t reliably put the time into beta-testing skip over this game and wait for the next. The calls for beta-testers are frequent. It does depend on the game how long the beta-testing goes on for, but generally after three weeks things are wrapping up (if they haven’t already).

puts a message into a forum post and lights it on fire to create a smoke signal

sends e-mail

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Email sent.

Do I have to insert the screenshot file in the email as an attachment or can I simply use an imgur link?

Uh. Actually never had that question before.

I suppose an imgur link is fine?

2 Likes

This sounds like fallen hero, is it?

:wink: yeah just kidding tho I feel bad for the people that can’t find it I honestly couldn’t find it till I searched some lol the whole time it was right on front of my face and I didn’t see it

1 Like

Send Email, Hoping that i get into the betatest this time.