Dev team looking for a writer!

Eric rather than Will was the one raising anonymity as an issue, and that’s somewhat addressed by the Amex with your name on it. (It was raised in the thread, Will, so your escalating metaphor might be a tad disproportionate in its sarcasm. CollectibleExchange was responding to a genuine request, just not yours.)

Eric also raised the question of whether you’ve got a license to use ChoiceScript commercially. I think you implicitly answered that with “we are not looking for someone to… write using a particular software. No code,” but it’s worth noting that it supersedes your earlier answer of “We are open to this. I have been messing with Choicescript so that is a plus for me.” There would be licensing and profit-sharing issues with using CS for a game not published through COG, HG, or HC. Doesn’t sound like that’s an area you’d like to spend on.

You should probably also be aware that blockchain is widely disliked around here because of the environmental impact of most blockchain systems. Some writers would probably want to know if you’re using a “greener” blockchain option or an energy-hogging Proof of Work model.

The key unanswered question from Will is, “are you prepared to pay a non-exploitative rate to your writers?” (where his definition of a bare-minimum non-exploitative rate is $7,000 per 100k words) See also Lady Luck’s note that “lack of a clear indication of what the salary might be” is a red flag.

If you don’t want to give a clearer sense of what you’re prepared to pay, that’s your prerogative. But then maybe best to avoid open-ended questions like “what else do yall need?” when you aren’t willing to answer the key question of “what are you willing to pay?” :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I am going to respectively disengage from this post. I am sorry for all the trouble this has caused everyone!

Thankfully, I have found someone willing to contract with us. From this board, interestingly enough.

I appreciate the feedback and I hope you all find someone who appreciates you/work!

Thanks everyone and good luck out there :pray:

1 Like

Aaaaaaand… There it is, the old ‘oh, one of your friends/relatives/colleagues totally joined this’ spiel common for MLM scams …

Anyone surprised?

EDIT: And it’s not just the environmental impact people are angry about, it’s that it ALL, through-and-through is a scam and utterly useless, even if some people (usually, but not always those most aware it is a scam and trying to benefit from it) insist it is not, or at least not all of it.

6 Likes