Deep Sea Story

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to do a game about a Marine Biologist or treasure hunter? Kind of like endless ocean where you could be hunting for a treasure that takes you all over the world’s oceans and you have to work out riddles from artifacts and things like that and come across ancient ruins and shipwrecks.

I’m thinking of doing a game and would like some opinions. :slight_smile:

Sounds cool add romance to it and I will play it

I like this concept. Will it be set in the real world or a fantasy or futuristic setting?

Looks interesting, like some Indiana Jones movie but hopefully more realistic (as realistic as it can get). Looking forward to it ^^

Either sounds interesting. Maybe the marine biologist could fight off Japanese whaling ships or find a living colossal squid?

Oh and you’d have to have the obligatory shark cage scene!

Or an alien which looks like a large floating stream of liquid

@StarWarsMaster I’ve got a basic idea to the story and in it there are romance options :x my problem is that when there’s romance in a story I get too involved and I have to remind myself it’s not real haha!

@WulfyK My current idea is set in the real world but with a few differences. Such as the oceans and rivers you swim in will be real ones but you’ll discover new places and there’ll be fictional ruins and underwater cities in them. But if you’ve got any ideas I’d be happy to hear them :slight_smile:

@FaithfulPuppet thanks :slight_smile: haha I’ve never actually seen Indiana Jones but I’ll try to make it realistic and imaginative at the same time.

@HornHeadFan Both great ideas :slight_smile: oh of course haha or maybe be in the shark cage battling the squid… Idea overload!

@Doctor Have you come across such an alien yet doctor? I’m wondering how you came up with such interesting story… :stuck_out_tongue:

sounds fun and a change. And yes defo a bit of romance

sounds interesting, you could also have that when you find the treasure some people will chase you around the world to get it back

Will we find Atlantis?

@jcury I am toying with the idea… We shall see :wink:

@Azraeldrake9 there’s deffo gonna be bad guys in this and while you’re hunting for the treasure, someone will be following… (Cue dramatic music)

I think your idea sounds intriguing, plus (to me) it is an largely unexplored area, pun and all. :smiley:

How serious will it be? Will there be shout-outs to other works, fanservice, easter eggs or other similar things?

@JTAL haha thanks :smiley:

@WulfyK sorry I’m new to all of this could you explain what fanservice is? :-?

@AgentGuineapig Fan service (ファンサービス fan sābisu?), fanservice, or service cut (サービスカット sābisu katto?),is a term originating from anime and manga fandom for material in a series which is intentionally added to please the audience. It is about “servicing” the fan - giving the fans “exactly what they want”. Fan service usually refers to “gratuitous titillation”, but can also refer to intertextual references to other series.
(taken from wikipedia)

also i like the idea of an underwater game.

@AdamGoodtime ah ok thankyou :-bd

@WulfyK on the whole it will be a serious game but obviously with several comedic moments and maybe a few shout outs. :slight_smile:

Indiana jones in water-space? I can dig it.

Sounds awesome. It would be really cool if it had a premise like Waterworld, only with 100% less Kevin Costner.