🌈 Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! (A Slice-of-Life Fantasy Adventure) ~ [UPDATED Dec 25 — Chapter 4 & 5 is here! | 509,000 words]

It’s the link here.

1 Like

Thx

Hello, just a little update! Beta testing is going slower than I anticipated, so I’ve closed the applications. I wish I had more time and energy, but I unfortunately won’t be selecting a second batch anymore.

Anyway, thank you very much to all those who applied, and I’ll try to put those who were not selected in a higher priority next time.

In any case, there will still be an open beta test. The Chapter 3 survey will have a different set of questions if you want to provide further feedback (and will have less repeat questions for those who have played previously).

6 Likes

Take your time with it. Don’t rush it. It’s a lot of pressure to get it right. So please don’t feel bad if it’s not going as expected

4 Likes

this wip is cute. so cute it makes me feel sick.
Before I thought it was because the characters were very young and the writing style had a very childish feel.

But on second thought this doesn’t make sense since one of my favorite choiceofgames is “sixty grade detective” and the main characters have the same age range.

So I don’t understand why I don’t like this wip, maybe it’s because of some narrative choices that seem too childish even for characters of that age.I do not know.:neutral_face:

1 Like

Hello there @Henvsecchi! Thank you so much for the comment, even if you didn’t like it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Which narrative choices do you find too childish?

It would really help me a lot if you could tell me whether you finished reading the demo, or where you stopped reading if you did. I do think that the rest of the chapters are “less childish” than the prologue, considering the prologue is mostly backstory.

I always try to find a good balance of choices, and I also have a system in place for the MC to stop using “childish” words if your precocious stat is high enough. Certain choices like crying (besides the first one) become unselectable too if it doesn’t match your traits/personality stats.

The musical scenes can be skipped if you don’t like them, and the stat notifications can also be turned off at the stats screen.

DDWCaPH! also has a lot of mystery elements via the sidequests and all the secrets you can discover. :slightly_smiling_face: But I’ll admit that I started writing the story with a younger MC in mind.

Maybe it’s the slice-of-life genre and the much slower pacing of the story? If so, I can’t really do anything about that. Even with the fantasy and more adventure-y chapters later on, that will always be the focus of the story.

In any case, thanks again for reading! :blue_heart:

6 Likes

chap3

Chapter 3 is live and alive!

Chapter 3 is finally here and it’s the biggest update yet!

This update contains ~85k additional words (including code) worth of fluff and slice-of-life, bringing the average playthrough up to ~60k words!

To celebrate, there will be a :star: 30% Bonus EXP Event for the first week of release!

:rainbow: CHAPTER 3 UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS:

• Volume 1, Chapter 3 (Home Bittersweet Home) is now complete!
• 24 New Secrets to discover, 8 New Character Traits, 4 New Trinkets to collect, 2 New Quests to complete, and 1 New Song to sing-along!
• You can now choose Paddy’s and your twin’s gender!
• Aunt Julie and Uncle Robert’s introduction!
• Meet your pet cat or dog!
• Name you and your twin’s stuffed toys!
• Even more customization options!
• Get ready for Roselyna’s birthday party!
• Sneak peek of Chapter 4!
• New art and updated stat notification graphics!
• Roselyna is now more huggable than ever!

The full change log can be found by selecting "What’s New?” in the start menu. It’s way too long to list here!

26 Likes

This update is way too good. I’m glad we can start to feel the effects of being a evening twin. Before it was nonexistent. The ro’s are good in this chapter despite it still being early game. The rivalry between the twins is funny.

4 Likes

I’m glad you liked it! :blush:

The Morning Person and Night Owl Traits actually unlock a few special scenes/interactions (you can stay up a little longer at night or wake up earlier/get woken up at the middle of the night), so you can look forward to those as well!

Yeah, a significant part of the delay was because I wanted to add extra interactions with each of the F6E members, since they won’t be present in Chapter 3 otherwise. Plus there won’t be any more messaging/calling opportunities again for a long time–and you can’t have a slice-of-life game without that!

And yup! I love writing all the twin banter.

8 Likes

Ahhh the pet the updates awsome

6 Likes

I agree with that. I think u can get a perk with animals if u play your cards right

2 Likes

Yup

4 Likes

If we pick for our twin’s gender to be something other than cis is it like the choice we get when choosing our gender what I mean is have they decided to just keep it between us or have they told everyone?

Wait I know the answer now that I read the Diary Entries. :grin:

When I pick to be a trans guy I got this text which is wrong. I guess she understands why I want to be a girl too.

When picking names the pre-done names for your twin as still male even if you chose your twin to be a girl.

I’m loving the new symbols they’re hella cute and they help with become more immersed in playing a young character also they just fit the game very well. :blush:

“No. You’re fabulous because of your scar. And your freckles, beauty mark, dimples, your smile… I’m so jealous of your dimples kaya .” I didn’t pick to have dimples.

Error choicescript_stats line 1237: Non-existent variable ‘twinbfftrinket’

6 Likes

Those symbols help a lot so u don’t have to guess the stat increases is. Now it’s easier going for a specific builds

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting the bugs! Those should be easy to fix but I can’t fix them until later.

5 Likes

Sleep deprived insomnia will not prevent me from sending a rather hefty reply to the survey request. Hopefully it isn’t so enormous that it gets cut off in the middle of any of the comments. :sweat_smile:

My bratty, musical avoidant boy is at it again with the sour grapes attitude, but I look forward to seeing what developments are in store for everyone as things roll along. :smile:

5 Likes

:memo: v2.1.3.51 Update Change Log

• Added a choice to get the [Musically Gifted] Trait without singing in Chapter 1.
• Tita Jo and Tito Mariano’s sari-sari store is now always mentioned in Chapter 4 if you’re not bestfriends with Wayne or Roselyna.
• Fixed issue where MC always has dimples.
• Fixed a couple of bugs in the stats screen when changing your pronouns and checking your trinkets.
• Several minor edits according to feedback.
• Flavor text, grammar, and typo fixes.
• Roselyna is now more huggable than ever!

Replies

I think I fixed this, but I would appreciate some confirmation!

Oh, this is an oversight! The preset names are all references, but right now looking for new names is more trouble than it’s worth, and I don’t really want to include just random generic names. I did change the “Write my brother/sister/sibling’s name” to just “Write my twin’s name” so it’s a bit less awkward.

I’m glad you like them! I thought the stars were a bit confusing, so I changed them so it’s more obvious when a choice is affected by certain traits.

I did purposefully avoid putting symbols on choices that improve the four attributes, since I don’t want the game to focus on them (Intelligence/Knowledge is still the leading attribute by a huge margin)

@LadyUmbreon89 Thank you so much for the detailed feedback! :blush: I appreciate your comments and they really did cheer me up! They were a delight to read and I already implemented some of the things you pointed out. :blue_heart:

Would it be alright to message you with some follow-up questions?

9 Likes

:star: “Maybe… But I’ll be happy enough when Mama comes back for us.”

:star: Last time I escaped, I had to clean the room by myself for a whole week. LCU is a private school—why don’t the janitors clean the classrooms too?

:star: “Oh no, I hope they didn’t decide to have another baby.”

:star: It’s almost full! I’ve been saving up for something.

I thought you only had these choices if you had the star locket.

2 Likes

Oh, just like before, the star is just a generic symbol that means the choice has a special requirement (previous choices, stats, discovered secret, etc.), that isn’t related to a character trait/passive, not that it’s only available if you have the star locket!

I can’t possibly find a unique emoji for each of them :sweat_smile:

The locket shape itself doesn’t really unlock any new choices, it just determines your twin’s personality. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Definitely. I’m also a member on Ballad’s discord channel, though you’ll probably only recognize me for my pfp since my username is actually something I like over there. :wink:

1 Like