🌈 Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! (A Slice-of-Life Fantasy Adventure) ~ [UPDATED Dec 25 — Chapter 4 & 5 is here! | 509,000 words]

I can appreciate the critique about silver being perceived as ‘less valued’ than gold generally is, but personally I find that change a slight shame, as I like silver better than gold. :sweat_smile:

In any case, the lockets all look really good. What metal they are made from is peripheral to their true value, and place in the story at large. Besides, the super powers they grant are more important. :grin:

5 Likes

I love this WIP. The intersection of slice of life and storytelling is so enthralling. The characters are a lot of fun, and I like that there are a ton of options, including ones that seem unique to your past choices (is that what the star symbol means?).

Also, thank you for including mythology as its own separate genre. It almost always gets subsumed into fantasy but they’re very different! I love all the unique genre related bits for mythology (which I assume is paralleled for the other genres too).

1 Like

@Franzinyte

I think the theme change into slice-of-life is a good direction to take. It really allows more connection between the npc/mc and your audience.

As of now, I think your biggest author issue to keep in mind is: more explored themes and less explored themes … something that has to happen, but if a person wants more introverted exploration, plot points like looking out on the courtyard are more important, where the extroverted seeking people would want a more in depth scene, teasing Wayne about his “old” friends…

I don’t think you as an author can do more than you already do, but I know how important it is for you to try to please as many people as you can. I do think you’ll need to keep yourself from trying to do too much.

1 Like

@LadyUmbreon89 You know what, I think I can make the locket choice into a multiple choice so you can pick whether you want both lockets to be gold or silver. Making them is quite a chore though, so I’ll just put it as low priority for my to-do list.

Anyway, I’m glad you like them! And yup, I’ll just say that the lockets are more important than they initially appear.

@Iello Thank you! I’m glad you liked the combination of slice-of-life and meta-fictional elements. If you don’t mind me asking, who’s your favorite character so far, and what are you looking forward to the most?

And yup, each of the genres have their own flavor text and special interactions (you’re also right about the star symbols). Mythology is actually the second most popular genre according to my survey, and you’ll be glad to know that it has a separate story world from fantasy too.

@Eiwynn Thank you for the words of encouragement!

I do think calling it a slice-of-life has given me a clearer vision of where I want to take the story. MWCaPH! is a character driven story, and it always has been more about the journey rather than the destination.

I agree with your last point as well, and I really need to keep it in check moving forward. It’s just hard not to love customization, you know?

Edit: It only took this long, but the demo finally hit 3,000 clicks! Woop woop! :tada:

Thank you to everyone who has read my story so far! I appreciate each and every one of you.

Here’s some hugs from Rosie if you want one! :heart:
rosie

8 Likes

the story is way too cute for me, causing me to roll my eyes a few times, but there are people who like that kind of story.

1 Like

I am not sure what you mean by ‘way too cute’ exactly, so it would be really helpful if you could enlighten me! But if my story isn’t for you, thanks for reading anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hi hi hello hiii!

I originally wasn’t going to make this post until Chapter 3 was ready, but half-sleepy me randomly got an idea this morning.

I have a love-hate relationship with my title. I’m happy with it for the most part, but I can’t deny that it might be doing me a disservice in attracting readers. And even worse than “Friends 6Ever”, I hate mentioning the title out loud. :sweat_smile:

I love the structure of my title, and it easily allows me to come up with sequel names (I have some ideas already). I’ve been looking for a replacement for ‘Mommy’ for a while now, because let’s be honest, it’s the most problematic part of the title.

I asked for some ideas, and looked for suitable expressions I can replace it with. There’s ‘Oops’, ‘Oopsie’, ‘Whoops’, ‘Whoopsie’, ‘Oh no’, and ‘Uh oh’, to name a few. They’re okay, but none of them really stood out to me, until I thought of ‘Dear Diary’ this morning.

Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole!

I’m not feeling “let’s change it immediately!”, but it seems like the best replacement candidate I have so far, and it’s growing on me.

I’ve gotten feedback that ‘MWCaPH!’ is eye-catching and that it gives a silly, fun, light-hearted adventure vibe/feeling, and I’d very much like to keep that.

I also like ‘Dear Diary’ because it retains the youthful feeling without being overt, while also reflecting the slice-of-life elements of the story. And it’s actually not embarrassing to say anymore. The only thing is that it makes the title even longer, but it’s already a mouthful anyway (and I don’t think it hurts the memorability).

I really wish I don’t have to change it, but I think I finally found a good compromise that I’m actually happy with.

And with that all said… it’s poll time!

If you have any opinions/comments on the titles, please let me know! (You can also send me your thoughts through my ask box.)

11 Likes

Hmm, it’s been a few days. Let’s check the results to see what–

results

…Oh. Oh my. I totally didn’t expect that.

So, I’m not sure what to do here since it looks like I can’t go wrong either way. I’ll probably change it anyway because of the reasons I said above, and to see how it changes things.

Looking at the results, I’ll have to evaluate things again in the future, but considering this is the third title change I’ve done now, I wouldn’t be surprised if I change the title again later. :sweat_smile:

I won’t close the poll for now, but thanks to everyone who has voted so far! :heart:

On another note, I’ll be looking for beta testers for Chapter 3 in the future! This is just a heads up–I’ll make an announcement for it when the next update is almost ready.

While I would like to release it in public and update it as bug reports and feedback come in, the silent reception of the release of Chapter 2 (and even the story world previews), has made me… averse to releasing updates like that in the future, to put it lightly. :pensive:

Anyway, I hope you’re having a good day! And if not, you can always borrow Rosie for a hug.
rosie

11 Likes

If we haven’t told anyone, or only told our sibling about our gender, will we have an opportunity to come out later???

2 Likes

Yup! The earliest you can do so will be in Chapter 5, during Wayne’s Secret Exchange, at which point you’ll unlock the choice to change your pronouns anytime. (And don’t worry, they’ll all be pretty understanding.)

There will be several other points later on where you can do so, and you’ll also have the chance to tell Maggie in the epilogue.

4 Likes

Also, will be able to confess our gender identity while on the B sidequest?

1 Like

Hi! It’s generally frowned upon in the forum to ask authors when the next update is. Please read the FAQs on the first post for my answer to your first question. :slightly_smiling_face: In the meantime, you can follow my Tumblr for more previews and other fun stuff!

As for your second question… if you’re asking if B will know too, then yes, even if you haven’t accepted the sidequest. B will become a party member later and will be present during Wayne’s Secret Exchange.

You’ll always have the choice to tell other characters you’ll meet in your adventures if you have told the group.

4 Likes

Ah shoot I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to come off
like that! :sob:

1 Like

Anyways, I hope everything is going alright for you, I love your story!

1 Like

@A_Z_U_I_A Oh, no worries! You’re welcome to ask me questions anytime. And thanks! :heart: I’m mostly fine all things considered, but it could definitely be a lot better.

Anyway, I got inspired by a couple of fanart I received recently, so I dusted off my tablet and started drawing again. The drawing of F6E in the cover art is inaccurate so I finally redrew the group shot to be more accurate to what happens in the story!

f6e header solid

Foxtrot Six-Echo, Assemble!

And as a bonus, here’s a sneak peek of the F6E Theme Song that will appear in Chapter 3!

We Are Friends 6Ever

Whenever you are feeling down
We’re here to turn that frown upside-down
Whether you miss your parents and need to cheer up
Or you’re dreading about being a grown-up

Just remember
That we—are Friends 6Ever!
We’re here for an adventure
And if there’s ever a problem
Us six will always stick together!
That’s why no matter what happens
We’ll never leave each other!
Forever and ever
We are Friends Six-Ever~

The song will be sung several times throughout the story, and will have different lyric variations depending on the situation.

This isn’t the full song, just the intro and the chorus. If you think it’s too corny or cheesy—blame Wayne. He’s the one who wrote it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Oh, and Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern:

10 Likes

v2.2.8

The update is finally here! Chapter 3 isn’t out yet, but there is a long list of changes which I hope is enough for a replay or two (It’s big enough for a save wipe)!

v2.2.8 Ȗ̵̦͖̂p̶̻͐d̴̺̪̄a̷̯̍̚ț̶̎̋ḝ̷͕

General
  • Added a link to the MWCAPH! Discord Server!
  • Added background music and sound effects to certain events!
  • The diary now has a Quick Language Guide where you can input your own words or phrases to certain terms if you have the [Cryptolingual] Trait.
  • Added a Tagalog to English glossary in MC’s diary. This is only accessible if your MC is from another country.
Story
  • Wayne and Roselyna now have a brief moment with MC’s Twin while going to the HQ.
  • JM now acknowledges MC’s fight with their twin.
  • The a̴͛͜p̴͈̀o̷̟͆c̸̲̕a̴͈̍l̸̳͑ÿ̶͙p̵̙͛s̶̹̃e̶̜͒ has been (almost) canceled: LiteraTours now almost cancels the fieldtrip instead.
  • Added some more information about the c̴̢̀u̶͇̾r̵̩̽s̴̥̚ë̸͓ḍ̷̐ fieldtrip.
Characters
  • MC’s Twin now has a different favorite color and locket gem from MC.
  • MC’s Twin can now have a different body type from MC.
  • The Leap Day Lady now has a name.
Choices
  • Both Heart and Star lockets now have gold and silver variations
  • Added a choice to the prologue for MCs that only like to break the story rules s̶͎͗o̵̘̅m̶̌ͅë̴͓́t̸̩̏i̴̪͗m̶͙̅e̴̦̾s̴͊ͅ.
  • Added new customization options to the prologue: freckles, facial scars, facial birthmarks, bracelet, and earrings.
  • Added two more options to the first choice in Chapter 1.
  • Added a choice where you can tell Roselyna that you feel like the bad twin for refusing to forgive them, when she asks you why you hate talking about your parents.
  • Added a separate set of options for the character class/dream job choice if you don’t want to pick from the suggested classes.
  • The [Cryptolingual] Trait choice has been separated from the bestfriend selection for evaluation purposes.
  • You can now pick the ṣ̷̚u̵̲͌ṕ̸̨e̸̻̿r̸͚̋n̵̗͘a̴̢͐t̸̬̔u̶͓̍r̶̕ͅā̶̯l̷͇̕ clue in Lily’s sidequest if you also have the [Mythology Lover] Trait.
  • Moved the choice about being an only child to Chapter 2.
  • Added a new option to the sleepover choice for those who has never had one before.
  • You can now ask Paddy to give you a piggyback ride!
  • Added a healthier option to the street food scene.
Stats and Mechanics
  • Renamed the [Physically Fit] passive to [Average Build].
  • Renamed [Horror Lover] trait to [Supernatural Lover].
  • The [Supportive] and [Competitive] Traits no longer give percentage bonuses to Altruist/Opportunist.
  • Added 3 new passives: [Braced Teeth], [Perfect Teeth], and [Scarred]
  • ~[Braced Teeth] gives a 10% Charm Penalty, and is replaced by [Perfect Teeth] on your next birthday.
  • ~[Perfect Teeth] gives a 20% Charm Bonus.
  • ~[Scarred] gives a 30% Intimidation Bonus and 10% Charm Penalty.
  • Added 2 new traits: [Hard of Hearing] and [Born Together, Bestfriends Forever]
  • ~[Hard of Hearing] will not have any negative effects gameplay-wise.
  • ~[Born Together, Bestfriends Forever] gives +30% Bonus Relationship with your twin, as well as +10% Reliant
Art
  • Updated and added new locket graphics.
  • The cover art is now a̵͎̚ṇ̶̏ì̷̯m̴̢̿a̶̱͌ṫ̷͇e̷̡͐d̷͔̓!
Changes and Fixes
  • The About Me section has been updated to accommodate the changes.
  • [Stoic] MCs should now giggle less often.
  • [Bespectacled] Passive has been moved to Character Traits.
  • The twin nickname choice now acknowledges if you have alliterative nicknames and you wish to have alliterative names.
  • Playthrough Stats have been updated with new data.
  • Lots of minor edits, stat fixes/adjustments, and fixed typos.
  • S̵͔͊Ẇ̶͖P̴̣̾ ̸͆ͅÈ̸͜I̴͚̎E̷̟̓ ̶̘̔R̴̟̈C̸̰͑O̸̙̓,̴̓͜ ̸̯̀D̶͎̕Ỵ̶̆L̶͈̿ ̴̩͊Ỉ̶̭G̷̨͒È̵͇B̶͚̐?̵̜̀
  • Roselyna is now slightly more huggable.

Regarding the title, I’ve decided to hold off on changing it for now. The poll is totally split, and honestly, so am I. If you have any insight regarding the title change, I’d love to hear it!

And speaking of the title, I created an animated version of the cover art!

Oh, and one more thing…

discordgif

Join the classroom MWCaPH! Discord Server with Ma’am Bianes and Friends 6Ever, and meet your other classmates! See you all there! (Lurkers very much welcome)

18 Likes

Hey i have been getting this error after checking the stats screen after the story scence

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for the bug report! That was an easy fix, let me know if any more bugs pop up!

Your welcome

1 Like

Hello everyone! I know this is like 2 weeks late, but belated Happy Halloween!

In case you haven’t been following, I finally finished writing the Halloween prompts I received. They aren’t 100% canon, but some details might find their way to the story.

Halloween Prompts :jack_o_lantern:

Have a great weekend!

7 Likes