Dark Side of The Moon (WIP) - CHAPTER 1 RELEASED (UPDATE 7/11/2017)

What’s a “dedective” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

A childhood friend that’s also my enemy that I can romance… sold.

9 Likes

I can be a crime boss with a strong personal connection to the detective after me? I’m sold.

2 Likes

'Oh shoot… I meant “detective” :smile:

1 Like

Gang-leader right? Though it would be seriously impressive if the mc is considered to be the top criminal syndicate in the big, rotten apple all by his lonesome. Though that sort of badassery tends to fall more into the domain of super-villains and even they tend to have minions.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What I was getting at more then our mc’s origins, though fleshing those out is always cool, is his modus-operandi. Crime is increasingly shifting online and mail-order dark-web drug dealers are fast replacing the guys on the street corner and then there is what seems really likely to become the signature crime of the 21st century, identity theft. In-game our mc could even have some additional “fun” with that by committing his most daring heists using stolen identities.

3 Likes

I meant gang. You will get information about the gang members. And yes, you’re right. I got what you try to say. Of course, there will be heists, crimes and stolen identities. You’re the leader of the most dangerous gang in New York. Everything will be fun…until your detective friend comes back to New York. :smiley:

2 Likes

My mc would probably like to phrase it more as “legitimate businessman, community outreach activist & organiser and all-around entrepreneur”. :grin:

4 Likes

Will there be a ruthless stat? From where do take most inpirations from Godfather movies, Christopher Nolan movies? Road to Perdition? Kane and Lynch Dead Men?

2 Likes

You confused me for a sec lol. Yes, there’s a ruthless stat.

And I haven’t watched any Godfather movies :smiley:

1 Like

Let me know what you think about this, guys. Tell me if there’s any typo or grammar mistake. I didn’t have much time to test game.

Thank you!

1 Like

There’s not much things to comment on, but there is still a few issues I’d like to point out.

First, during the very first scene, when we are presented with the option between shooting or not, I find it weird that choosing not to shoot causes your agility and shooting stat to went up by 5%, yet if we chose to shoot then we get a 5% increase in wisdom, isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?

Second, coincidentally, on the second choice, when choosing between celebrating or getting to bed, aside from the relationship modifier, there seems to be no difference in scene, I suggest you write the continuity for each scene.

I realize that this is just the short demo and not even a complete demo for chapter one, so I apologize in advance if my remark comes off as rude or displeasant, I was just providing honest feed back.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! Yes, demo is unfinished. It’s my first game so I made a quick demo so you guys can check it out for any mistakes. I will fix those mistakes and keep the scenes long. Don’t worry! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve named it dark side of the moon, i will be very mad if i don’t find a Pink Floyd reference in further updates

2 Likes

Again, please, let me know if there’s any typo, grammar mistake in the game.

1 Like

Found one typo:

• you fell asleep as soon as you head hit the
    pillow.

Your

I also found it odd that there no choice to know the details about this bank job (that I kinda have feeling that it was trap).

The demo so far have a good start, I will looking forward to more mc interaction with Sam and mc sister :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s some nice synopsis. Can’t wait to see Sam in action!

1 Like

Thank you! I will fix that typo!

I really liked the first chapter! Looking forward to more!

1 Like

Looks great so far! One thing I would like to see would be choosing what kind of activities your gang is involved in. For example, say I pick gun-running and extortion, but not hiests or drug-dealing. And that could also be an excuse against Prescott.

1 Like

Okay so I just read the DEMO and it seems good although I quite didnt get the title “Dark Side of The Moon” is there any sci-fi thingy in future or some other significance???Also I smiled at the legal occupation of MC A nod to Breaking Bad I suppose

MISTAKE IN THE GAME

1 Like

I certainly love the angst in romancing your enemy who also was your childhood friend. The fact there’s a “Psychopathy” stat is really interesting, too - don’t think I’ve ever seen that one before.

The whole demo is a bit fast-paced for me at this point. There’s very little description or things to slow the pace to a comfortable level. That may be your writing style though, only stating my preference. :slight_smile:

1 Like