Daemoniacus Altor [Cancelled]

It’s fine, I’m still planning on working on this.

Problem is the same problem as I have with Broken Lenses. No computer, no files, no Notepad ++. Nothing I can do to work on it.

As soon as I can, I’ll pick this up again. So I wouldn’t say it’s dead enough to warrant closing.

As for what you said, yeah the story will go beyond the village. Problem is the village is taking a really, really long time because fight scenes take forever.

4 Likes

I also enjoy your unapologetic demeanor about what you want to do and how you’re going to go about it; no quotas of must have romance here or 83 gender options there. Exaggerations aside, I think you have a good head for making interesting premises and, perhaps more importantly, write them out well. Hope you get your bearings together in good order as soon as possible, I’m eager to see more of both this and Through Broken Lenses, the latter of which is my second-favorite WIP on Dashingdon at the moment just behind Freak. That said, Daemoniacus also holds lots of potential and only fall short because it’s very limited as of right now; no fault of the game itself (let alone its writer).

One thing I’d like to see is some form of meter or the likes measuring the armor’s hunger so we can get an idea of how much a sating effect killing Hellspawn here and Demons there has upon him. Not terribly important, but does give a good idea for the player on what manner of priorities to focus on and exactly why.

The game also keeps inspiring an image in my head that may or may not be of use as a plot idea (trigger warning, Christians):

Jesus was denied Heaven because he became the incarnation of sin when he died on the cross and instead was sent to Hell to become its Gatekeeper to keep the demons and sinners in; just as planned. Eventually succumbed to Lucifer’s temptations/insistent nagging after about 1.3k years give or take and opened the gates for the Demons, cue plot and current situation. Feel free to use, play around or discard this idea as you see fit.

2 Likes

Just realized, someone noticed this story based on the author (specifically, me). Huh, didn’t know I was that well known. I suppose this is the part of the story where the protagonist gets a big head, starts making bad decisions, and resets everything back to status quo because of it.

Eh, I’ll do that later. If I feel like it.

Anyway, Karavolos, I’m probably going to have to reject that idea. Specifically because of…

Now I’m not exactly an expert, but I’ve read and studied the Bible a few times and I don’t think I ever noticed something like you’re suggesting. Sorry.

Anyway, recently learned I might get a computer in the next few weeks or so.
Emphasis on the might. If it’s not the next few weeks, then it will probably be in about a month. Or a few. We’ll see.

What can I say? You’re a good author and random guy-senpai noticed you. Anyways no worries, by all means toss out anything I suggest you don’t like or doesn’t work out the window. If you change your mind or wanna use it elsewhere its there, otherwise no sleep lost. And if you’re going by Bible canon then it definitely doesn’t fit :sweat_smile:
Anywhoodle, hoping for the best as far as a computer is concerned. GL;HF, keep up the good work and etc etc.

Finally going to be resuming work on this. Should expect a new update in…like, a week or so? At most, I promise.
(Sorry to TBL fans. I promise to alternate after each update.)

10 Likes

Updated: Added another sub-path to the Group House path.

12 Likes

Right, I should probably deal with this.

Daemoniacus isn’t being worked on. I bit off more than I could chew with this battle system and just turned it into a big monster that was beyond my control.
And as I said at the start, I wrote this because it was fun. Then it stopped being fun. So I stopped.

If you liked it, try checking out Blood Hunter. It’s kind of a spiritual successor with better battle system while maintaining the hyperviolent, bloody, and gritty style that stood out in this story, now with extra gore and misery.

4 Likes

Hi. I just wanna ask, are you dropping this WIP?

You may just read the post above. This WiP is, in likelihood, dead. If you liked the writing style, you may try Blood Hunter or Through Broken Lenses, two WiPs very much alive by the same author.

6 Likes

I liked the story. Sad this is discontinued.