Cyberpolice (Minor Update: 19th of March 2024) (WIP)

Is Mouse involved in the current hacking of corporations?

Do you really expect me to dish out huge spoilers just like that? :smiley:

I can remind you of something you CAN see during the game, but you might not(if you didnā€™t choose the right options, itā€™s not super obvious yet).

Mouse thinks he might know whoā€™s responsible for the hacking and is looking into it.

4 Likes

Ohhā€¦ I feel kinda dumb, 'cause I definitely read those lines when they appeared. As a suggestion, maybe put her full description in her codex page?
Aside from that, no notes. I canā€™t wait for the full release! :smiley:

2 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand likely before 21st of April(explicit stuff included)
Deadline for the rest in this segment: Mouse and Carrington sometime in May.

Minor work done today.

Good suggestion, Iā€™ve added it to the list of many things I need to add once I fix the ā€œinventory/statsā€ file properly. (updated version doesnā€™t work due to complicated reasons and itā€™s a bit of a hassle to fix. Will have to do it sooner rather than later, though)

Neither can I. :smiley:

Donā€™t be shy to tell me of any other issues that might need fixing, improving, or adjusting, no matter how minor. Even if I decide to do nothing about something someone reports, itā€™s still better than if I never even heard of it and knew it was a ā€œthingā€ in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand maybe before 21st of April(explicit stuff included)

Same as yesterday. I guess itā€™s not likely to be done before the 21st since I probably canā€™t work at all on Saturday. Still, shouldnā€™t take much longer. Especially since Iā€™ll be away from the 27th to the 1st, and as usual, Iā€™d love to get the update out a day or two before that. :stuck_out_tongue: (so, 25th at latest?)

11 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand before 25th of April(explicit stuff included)

Iā€™m putting the deadline to the 25th, since I seriously doubt Iā€™ll get it ready by the 21st. If I do, awesome. If not, well, business as usual. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand before 25th of April(explicit stuff included)

Some progress today.

14 Likes

No update today.

Pretty much nothing done today, very busy.

And as mentioned before, no time to work tomorrow. Most likely wonā€™t even post the daily post.

15 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand before 27th of April(explicit stuff included)

Back. Got a bunch done, but thereā€™s still enough left that Iā€™m not overly optimistic about getting it done before my trip since I have to prioritize real life.

Good news is that after the trip, and especially after the 14th of May, Iā€™ll have way, way more time to work on Cyberpolice. Which means that progress should be a lot faster, supposing I donā€™t let any temptations get to me(this time Iā€™ll try for real, since itā€™s a great chance to catch up after such a long time of super slow progress). :sunglasses:

15 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand before 27th of April or after May 1st(explicit stuff included)

Minor progress only.

12 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand in early May(explicit stuff included)

Some additional info on my timetable, I have something else I need to do by the 6th of May, which takes priority over writing, and at present I doubt Iā€™ll get the segment out before I leave, and that means it may take a while before I get it out. (and of course another thing before the 14th, but that shouldnā€™t interfere too much, I hope)

Always hate when the deadline moves forward like this, but canā€™t really be helped. Iā€™ll do my best to compensate once Iā€™m free from all obligations in mid May.

19 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand in early May(explicit stuff included)

Thanks for always showing support(liking the posts) despite delays, really makes it much nicer for me. :blush:

20 Likes

12 Likes

Given Stillwaterā€™s name, is he a starfish in bed?

2 Likes

No update today.

Mostly finished with prepping for my trip, so tomorrow I should have a fair amount of time for writing.

:sob:

Youā€™ll find out soon enough. :wink:

15 Likes

No update today.

Alright, last post before I come back(1st of May). Not entirely sure that Iā€™ll be able to return to Cyberpolice immediately upon returning since my real life deadlines are quite important, and rather strict. Iā€™d guess that itā€™ll take at least the 6th before I can properly focus, so Iā€™ll hopefully have the Stillwater update out before the 14th(upon which Iā€™ll hopefully quadruple my output for a few months, at least :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Bye for now.

21 Likes

No update today.

Back again!

Work will continue once I finish my real-world obligations. :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

No update today.

Weird thing about ā€œreal-worldā€ deadlines is that I can keep them way better than my own deadlines(even when I donā€™t have ā€œmandated work hoursā€, so to speak). :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure if itā€™s about there being actual consequences for failing, or that theyā€™re set by people other than me, but they seem much more ā€œrealā€ to me than ones set by myself for writing. :smiley:

And, of course, theyā€™re probably more realistic and accurate in the first place than the ones I arbitrarily decide for my own deadlines.

13 Likes

No update today.

Will probably just post a ā€œfillerā€ post for the next handful of days since I really have no time to work on CyberPolice, which also means thereā€™s pretty much no point to the daily post either. Except for the all important routine, of course. :smiley:

Iā€™ll likely focus on the real-world stuff until itā€™s all done, then start on this again. Meaning, I wonā€™t write anything between my two deadlines, but will rather finish them both(hopefully well before the 14th), and then CyberPolice will have my full attention for the foreseeable future. Less stress that way and all that.

12 Likes

No update today.

Routine posting. Not spam, I promise. :smiley:

10 Likes