Three years in the making, and CSIDE is finally preparing for release! Join us live for a pre-launch demonstration, Q&A, and blank-slate ChoiceScript project workshop--presented by @CJW, the app's developer, @Lordirish, ‘Old Guard’ of the ChoiceScript community, and @Fiogan, this year's CS Comp Winner.
What is the ChoiceScript IDE?
The ChoiceScript IDE began as a very simple online ‘snippet tester’ for ChoiceScript. You could instantly run copy-pasted ChoiceScript snippets from the CoG forums without having to download, unzip, and set up your ChoiceScript environment.
Over the years, the initial concept evolved into something much bigger.The ChoiceScript IDE provides a complete package, with desktop apps for Windows and Mac. The new app contains everything you need to develop your own ChoiceScript games, with as little hassle and as much help as possible!
- A built-in copy of ChoiceScript: no need to download, unzip or update it yourself!
- Side-by-side, same app, same screen: convenient writing, coding, and testing of your game.
- Built-in spellcheck, user dictionary, quicktest, randomtest, image integration, and compilation.
- An array of customisable settings and preferences, including automatic indentation, word wrap, tabs/spaces.
- A ChoiceScript console for testing any CS expression or running *set commands (and more) on the fly.
- And much, much more!
Really, we could write about it all day! But we'd rather wait, and let you see it in action for yourself.
CSIDE was built from the ground up for ChoiceScript--it's all about helping ChoiceScript authors make the best games possible without unneeded distractions or complications. CSIDE accommodates your individual preferences and needs for ChoiceScript in a way that is unique, easy to use, and helpful--and it's all here in one simple app. So come join us, and watch CSIDE in action on the 18th September, 8PM UTC (9PM BST).
We hope to see you there!
- The CSIDE Team
Follow us @ChoiceScriptIDE